PDA

View Full Version : How do people create sites like this?

X-Plosive
10-18-2001, 05:59 PM
www.station420.f2s.com/nrgonline/creepy.htm
is the site buy it really is annoying. A whole binch of boxes with furby fly around and when you close them more pop up. The only solution I found was hitting alt+F4 rapidly. Once more I am warning you not to go to the link unless you don't mind getting frustrated. I just want to know how people are able to design things like that? Why are they allowed to do it? It pisses me off.

User
10-18-2001, 06:24 PM
A web-based programming language called JavaScript is used, which allows you to implement multimedia content and effects into the site. You can find just about any kind of tutorials on the 'net for it, whether it's shaking the browser, creating a popup ad, playing music files, or neat image effects.

If you're fast enough, you can right click and view the source of that page and see all the functions and such that went into creating that annoying thing. :)

~Backdraft~
10-18-2001, 07:12 PM
Lol, shoot, i wish that i would have read your post FIRST before clicking on the link. I had little furby's flying all around my computer screen and then i read your post...lol...oh well i just hit ctrl+alt+delete and then ended the task..that worked for me.

One question I have...What on earth was the person smoking when they made that stupid a$$ website???

Flip540
10-18-2001, 07:28 PM
i got a real annoying one. pm me and ill send you a link, i dont think its appropriate(sp?) for this site

X-Plosive
10-18-2001, 08:20 PM
flip let me guess. Is it the one that says small "something alert" and you have to chase the box around saying close? It also has a black srolling marque that says small something alert.

AkaEnder
10-18-2001, 11:48 PM
you guys seen that annoying chevy truck ad that like drives out of the webpage you are viewing? oh my... and its an active x script, so you cant kill it unless you disable your browser sitting.
its really really annoying.

Flip540
10-19-2001, 07:23 PM
nope, sorry x-plosive. that doesnt seem to bad.

InfinatyBPS
10-19-2001, 10:59 PM
that dosn't see anything?

MajorDamage
10-19-2001, 11:48 PM
DAAAAAAAAAANG THAT IS ANNOYING! I mean, geese!... I wanna make something like that!!!!!!

ENDO!

gimp
10-21-2001, 12:15 AM
hahaha! I used to make stuff like that all the time. That's how I learned javascript. I made a website that would link to all the stuff I made too, this way you could send people to the links to piss them off. I know some real funny, but inappropriate ones.