PDA

View Full Version : Timmy Feednecks?

$tevo
07-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey guys, i recently bought a Alias and i am wondering if i could throw a ccm no rise on it. but i do not know the thread type on the feedneck. so if any of you know, it would be appreciated.

also, any of you seen the scm2 coming out, also known as the one liter?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=579446

Bulldog
07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I've got one. I used to run one on my Alias. Stock is the same height, maybe a little lower. Clamping is nice tho. I think it's GZ threads... :confused: I look at it when I get home.

$tevo
07-20-2004, 05:06 PM
stock is hte same hieght as the ccm no rise?? are you sure? ok thx man

Bulldog
07-20-2004, 05:23 PM
stock is hte same hieght as the ccm no rise?? are you sure? ok thx man
Ya I think it is. I'll snap a few pics tonight and post 'em. The major reason I took it off, honestly, was because it's ugly. I know it's stupid, but I just couldn't get over the looks.

$tevo
07-20-2004, 05:41 PM
the ccm is ugly on it? wow, i thought it would look great, yea pics would be great..thx alot

Bulldog
07-20-2004, 11:07 PM
I thot so too, but here's the thing...it has to wrap around the threads. So the Neck goes straight down, it doesn't curve in like the other ccm necks. Lemme see if I can get some pics up here, got alot goin' on tonight....

$tevo
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
you have the picture comparisons coming?

Bulldog
07-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Ya, tonight.

$tevo
07-22-2004, 07:12 PM
k..thx alot

Bulldog
07-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Ok, here's a whole bunch of them. It looks like there's not much height difference, if any between the two necks. Keep in mind that this is an uncut Halo, I could probably shave off a quarter inch off the height if I wanted to, but from the looks of it, it won't change anything between the two necks.

Bulldog
07-22-2004, 08:54 PM
One more...

brtncstm160
07-22-2004, 09:08 PM
If you are still curious timmys use cocker threaded feednecks. I got a clamping neck at delta paintball "the home of the timmy" and put it on my cocker.

JJ

Load SM5
07-23-2004, 06:52 AM
You have to be careful, somewhere along the Alias line they also have pressfit and glued timmy feednecks. I think mine is but it's hard to tell. I just don't want to try wrenching it off until I know for sure.

JKW
07-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Jeff,
Post a pic of the front of the gun and I can tell you if it is pressed in or not. When they switched to the new extrusions, there was also a change in the area of the body that the eyes go through. The change is easy to spot by looking at the body just in front of the eye covers. There may be some bodies with the new style neck but the old style eye holes, but there are no bodies with the new eye holes and pressed in neck. The Alias pictured in ths thread has a pressed in neck and the old style eye holes. I think they look a little better (the older body style) but I love the idea of not having to repair as many popped out feed necks, and the reduction of potential eye alignment issues. My Ripper2 has much more meat around the eyes than my Alias and even though I have never lost a feed neck myself, I like the fact that I never will on the Ripper.

Load SM5
07-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks Jason. Here's the only pic I have access to at work. If this won't do it I can shoot a close-up when I get home. I'd love to be able to drop a CCM feedneck on this thing.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/3000/Alias28237.jpg

Load SM5
07-23-2004, 07:12 PM
OK closeup..let me know what you think Jason.

JKW
07-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Ah, hot rig that one is! You have a new estrusion Alias. Good eyeholes and integral neck adaptor. You will never pop that one off so feel free to twist away if you ever want to change the clamping rise.

Sexy trigger too :D

Load SM5
07-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Eh, the trigger's ok, I guess.... ;)

Thanks for the good news Jason.

Reminds me..I need to get a couple of technatrigger stickers from you. The one you sent got soaked.

JKW
07-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Give me a week or so on the stickers. The old ones were crap and since part of the deal I have with Infamous is that they will have Techna Trigger stickers on their gear, I had to have good ones made. The new ones will look quite a bit like the old ones, but are a little longer and just slightly taller. Best of all, these will be screen printed on nice 4mil vinyl. I swiped a bunch of Hybrid stickers from LJ and used them as samples so that the printer would know what I expected. The Hybrid stickers are nice and I have high hopes these will compare.

I will hook you up, but dont feel neglected if you have to remind me. :)

Load SM5
07-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Oh, I'll hound you alright. :D