PDA

View Full Version : karni's operating pressure

gorymonkey2
07-20-2004, 06:34 PM
is the karnivor high or low pressure, what pressure does it run at? also, i have an adjustable nitroduck tank will that capability make the karni i'm going to buy any more efficient or any better at all or will it just be worthless to have an adjustable tank?

WenULiVeUdiE
07-20-2004, 06:49 PM
An adj. tank on a cocker isn't useless persay. It isnt as helpful as having one on a mag, but it cant hurt.
Most cockers run around 350 psi. And typically you want the tanks output to be at least 200 above the operating pressure(at least for cockers). But it doesnt really make sense b/c my STO still cycles/fires under 250 psi.
If your looking for a new tank for the karni. Get a HP one. Although a LP may work, you could get shootdown or other similar problems. Go with a HP.

Marchborne
07-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure what my Karni's operating pressure is, but I have no problems with using a standard preset PMI tank on it. Works a treat (just like the XMag). :headbang:

gorymonkey2
07-20-2004, 07:13 PM
my nitroduck tank can have an output pressure anywhere from 200-900psi, and most low pressure guns have better efficiency with low pressure tanks. so then why wouldn't the tank with a lower output pressure be better for the low pressure guns?

gorymonkey2
07-20-2004, 07:25 PM
i can actually have the operating pressure on my tank from 0-900psi.

Enemy
07-21-2004, 12:34 AM
stop making new threads for your questions!!!! anyways im in a good mood so im a gonna answer again. the lp tanks arent bad but when you get into fluid dynamics a flow rate is greater with more pressure thats why alot of people will use hp tanks does it make that big of a difference no. but the ability to use your hp tank on another gun that isnt super lp is always a plus right!!