PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Automag...

SiLENCER_PAIN
07-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Greetings mag owners!

I am a noob as far as mags are concerned. My current gun is a Tippmann A-5 HEAVILY MODDED and it is milsim as hell.

I am looking into the Tac One as an option for my next marker BUT I do have a question...would I be better off with another model...like a ULE? Basically, the reason I want a mag is because I want to really lighten my load, and a very stable, depedable accurate gun. I am a milsim guy all the way but I want this next gun to be a great investment so do you guys think that I might be better off with another type of mag BUT with the tac one body (as in the picatinny portion of the marker)? What setup would be best as far as lightness, fastest RT/balls per second, accuracy, and scope mountable surfaces...?

In other words, what would be your ultimate automag setup including the Tac One picatinny body? Why?

I really really appreciate any help with this guys. I can't wait to step it up to a mag and I can sure use your help...

Cryer
07-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Take the Tac-one package, as-is, as its relatively light, already. I believe they come with modified RT rails, now. If that is the case, send the rail to Roguefactor and have him hollow it out for you. That should take you about as light as you can get with that particular setup.

You'll have the 3 mounting surfaces on the Tac-one body itself, plus I believe the body rail also has a mounting surface underneath the Marker's body.

EDIT--

More info on Roguefactor's hollowed-out rails:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110719&highlight=rail

I'm sure he'd be able to shave a few ounces off for ya;)

Pballwizz
07-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Yea, Cryer beat me too it but I agree with him. The Tac One has the X vavle and I frame and if the X vavle is properly adjusted I can do a response thing. Also, could you post some pics of your A-5 :) O yea, welcome to AO as well.

PS. Not to be nitpicking but I believe the rules for sig images only allow one per signature. Peace!

Enemy
07-20-2004, 11:49 PM
the tacone is the most tricked out you can get short of emags and xmags..the ule is more my preference but you said that you wanted to mount a sight and the ule isnt going to allow you to do that..other than that a new rail and your pretty much as light and as fast as you are going to get with out getting into e-trigs or the hair!!

Carbon
07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
all you would need is a Tac one. Its got plenty of railspace, looks "tactical". And by that i mean i has its own look and character, not simply a gun dressed up to look like an mp5.

For me personaly, i take a stock Tac 1 and a nice N2 tank
If you want "supressive" rof: stock tac 1 with a nice hi-flow, adsjutable n2.
If you want decent rof: Tac 1 with the ULT.

Target Practice
07-20-2004, 11:54 PM
If you want the "Uzi" look you might also consider one of RogueFactor's Vertframes. They are uberlight, and just plain awesome.

http://www.potatoboy.net/users/sarah/rv1.jpg

SiLENCER_PAIN
07-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Here ya go PBallwizz:

http://mpg.cc/silencerteampainpic/dscn0110_large.jpg

Wow!

You guys are really helping...I thought that most folks would say to go for the Tac One just the way it is...raw and beautiful...

You are definately right, it does have its own persona and character and is not a hopped up MP5 wannabe.

So, a Tac One stock then...What tanks do you all suggest (88/4500) with a built in reg that will work with a remote system...I hear that Air America and max flow are the best out there...but, can the air america work with a remote?

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS, I AM SO PSYCHED ON THIS FORUM!!!

SpecialBlend2786
07-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Welcome To AO!

The Air America Raptor Rex system is made to run as a remote system. They rule too!

After seeing your gun, just thought i'd link you to this site. They have automag conversions and stuff.
http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/customautomagm4left1a.jpg
http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/m4automagcustomright1.jpg
http://www.extremesportsandhobbies.com/automagm4marker.html

Bolter
07-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Welcome to AO!!!

Carbon
07-21-2004, 03:13 AM
silencer pain: Remove the Stabilizer from your remote as it will restric the flow of air to the rt valve. Other than that, your remote, nitro setup will work fine with the mag.

Target Practice
07-21-2004, 03:45 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot the welcome to AO. Welcome to AO! :D

Yeah, you won't need an extra reg. You want all the pressure you can get into that valve. Higher pressure = harder return on valve = faster ROF with sweetspotting.

Cryer
07-21-2004, 04:43 AM
with the X-valve that comes standard with the Tac-One, Its best to get around 800 psi input, so even a preset high pressure tank would work great.

Id reccommend Crossfire, Centerflag, or PMI preset tanks, or a AA raptor, or Centerflag Dynaflow Adjustable tank. Definately 4500psi.

SiLENCER_PAIN
07-21-2004, 08:09 AM
You guys are great!

Once again, thanks so much for all of your help. I cant wait to get my mag...

One last question...Barrel System....

WGP "Kaner" Kit, Freak Kit, or other?

Cryer
07-21-2004, 08:14 AM
good luck finding a kaner... WGP is focusing all their manufacturing effort on their Karnivores right now, and they're backordered on the kaner kits.

My personal opinion, is stay away from the freak... Too many of my friends have had bad experiences with the inserts not being machined right...

You might check out the Powerlyte Scepter, or an Equation kit. Custom Products and J&J both make good kits too.

One thing's for sure, We'll have to see some pics when shes put together;)

abunkerer
07-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Ever see a tac one body on an emag? It's a mean scenario gun!! :shooting:

f you want to really clean up the field then I'd get the emag lowers from someone parting out their gun and then buy the tac one body for it.

- plus it is versitile, if you ever wanted to play speedball :cheers:

madransom
07-21-2004, 08:21 PM
If you are looking for an extremely nice barrel kit, I would recommend you go over to http://www.smootherthanglass.com and look at the poison arrow set. Some of you guys have have seen it demo'd at the chicago psp in july. Its looks aren't all that great but it performs wonderfully. It really does shoot clean after ~5 shots and is built extremely tough. Only bad things are (some would say) its damn ugly and way expensive. But, functionality rates much higher than looks in my book (most of the time). If you want a real price on a set, call up the edge gear (dealer locater link) to get a better price- thats the owners shop.

pointm@n
07-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Ever see a tac one body on an emag? It's a mean scenario gun!! :shooting:

f you want to really clean up the field then I'd get the emag lowers from someone parting out their gun and then buy the tac one body for it.

- plus it is versitile, if you ever wanted to play speedball :cheers:

What did someone say Tac Emag? :headbang:

http://home.comcast.net/~acuestaj/images/tacemag.jpg

Pballwizz
07-21-2004, 08:49 PM
:wow: Jeez, there a some crazy guns in this thread. Does anyone know any good scenario guns for someone on a budget? Cause I have the mag for speedball but LOVE woods and scenario (even though Im yet to do a scenario :mad: ) And Pointman: You ever use that beast for speedball or just scenario?

pointm@n
07-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I've played speedball before, though I didn't use the 30mm site. I take that off when playing since it's mainly for looks. I do keep the laser and flashlight on though :headbang:

I get funny looks at the speedball fields, but it's usually :headbang: after I've eliminated some people. I have a lot of fun using the Tac Emag on the recbal fields though. A lot of people give me props for having it

July

Target Practice
07-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Pointm@n, more props. That's one bad mutha-shut-your-mouh. :D

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Welcome to AO, yeah those are some nifty markers, I'll have to get one someday

abunkerer
07-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Pointm@n, That's what Im talkin about! :headbang:
:cheers: cool gun man..nice milling

SiLENCER_PAIN
07-22-2004, 08:49 PM
That EMAG is CRAZY!!!

I personally play scenarios and woodsball most so I really fit in with my Tippmann A5-MP5...

However, there is a field that I play where there are alot of scenario ballers and speedballers mixed in together...on the whole everyone loves my gun, EXCEPT speedballers...I get a lot of crapola looking so milsim but hey, I love it and that's what counts. Oh, and btw, the speed ballers usually are the ones crying by the end of it when i flip my switch to turbo mode on my e-grip...OUCH! Dont worry, turbo and auto are okay by the refs on the field i play at, otherwise its just for the woods in outlaw ball...

Anyway, thanks so much for all the advice. I am just about a few weeks away from my Tac One MONSTER!!! You guys really helped me sort it out, and that in and of itself was the best welcome a guy could get!

THANKS!

Tunaman
07-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Greetings mag owners!

I am a noob as far as mags are concerned. My current gun is a Tippmann A-5 HEAVILY MODDED and it is milsim as hell.

I am looking into the Tac One as an option for my next marker BUT I do have a question...would I be better off with another model...like a ULE? Basically, the reason I want a mag is because I want to really lighten my load, and a very stable, depedable accurate gun. I am a milsim guy all the way but I want this next gun to be a great investment so do you guys think that I might be better off with another type of mag BUT with the tac one body (as in the picatinny portion of the marker)? What setup would be best as far as lightness, fastest RT/balls per second, accuracy, and scope mountable surfaces...?

In other words, what would be your ultimate automag setup including the Tac One picatinny body? Why?

I really really appreciate any help with this guys. I can't wait to step it up to a mag and I can sure use your help...My version of the Ultimate Automag...The Tunamax!
:D http://tunamart.com/images/trevpballertunamax1.jpg

Cryer
07-22-2004, 10:14 PM
My version of the Ultimate Automag...The Tunamax!
:D
Yeah, I suppose thats ok... but where do you mount the laser sight and flashlight? :rolleyes:

jk :p

Oh, and Silencer- Tunaman's the guy to go to for AGD products, so when you're ready... check with this man first. ;)