PDA

View Full Version : I-Robot = greeeeeeeat

Benfica4ever
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Well just got back from wacthing the movie and i think it is reallly good.
i like the plot and everything, i dont wanna say any parts from it so ill just let you all watch it. anyone else watch it? what did you think? :bounce:

Trick
07-21-2004, 12:15 AM
I liked when Will Smith died. That was pretty early on in the film, wasm't expecting that,

And when the robots merged into one giant robot, totally caught me off guard.

It was good, I can't believe they let the robots win in the end. Total Hollywood 180.

Oh yeah, sorry, spoilers.

Just kidding.

vf-xx
07-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Well just got back from wacthing the movie and i think it is reallly good.
i like the plot and everything, i dont wanna say any parts from it so ill just let you all watch it. anyone else watch it? what did you think? :bounce:

How does it stack up with the book? I realize that in general the book will be better, but there are good book movies (lotr).

adam_61550
07-21-2004, 12:24 AM
How does it stack up with the book? I realize that in general the book will be better, but there are good book movies (lotr).

It's nothing like the book. It borrowed the characters of course but as far as the story goes, it's not the same. The book was more of a collection of short stories telling the progression of the technology of robots that kind of tied up at the end. The movie's more of an action based, "what if this happened" kind of thing. Long story short, the book's better but the movie's definitely not bad.

It was pretty good though. The robots were the best thing about it.....

Evil Preacher
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
When I saw the trailer for this movie, I was totally against seeing the move. I am a great fan of the works of Isaac Asimov and I knew they would end up changing the story.

Well I went to see it yesterday. It isnt a bad movie. Jumps from one action scene to another. But that is a summer movie for you.

The one part that I liked about it was the fact that they say in the end credits. Suggested by a story by Isaac Asimov. That saved any respect I will have for Will Smith and the rest of the crew of the movie.

That't just my opinion though

Benfica4ever
07-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Ya the robots were awsome looking...and the new audi concept he was driving...(yes that is a real car)

gibby
07-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Hrm...I've heard mixed reviews about this movie which keeps me from seeing it. If more people here think it was a decent movie then maybe I'll go out to see it. :confused:

HoboJudge
07-21-2004, 10:56 AM
This movie was extremely entertaining. One thing that irked me about the plot though was the time period it was set in. Somehow, I don't see Chicago changing that much in 30 years. Despite my nit-picking on some little parts of the movie, I thought the movie was great. Lots of explosions, cool future stuff, and big fights.

Steelrat
07-21-2004, 01:11 PM
It wasn't a bad movie, but it wasn't great, either. Saw the ending coming a mile away. Also could have done without the "butt shot" of Will Smith in the shower. And finally, I could have done without the "bad-boy rebel" persona of Will Smith's character. But, all in all, worth seeing.

cphilip
07-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I was watching the OCC guys build the Chopper for that movie the other day. Did anyone notice that bike thats seen the movie?

Steelrat
07-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah, it plays a fairly prominent role on the movie, if its the same bike that Will Smith is riding. One of the biggest suspensions of reality in the movie involves that bike. Will Smith pulls off moves that would have been more at home in the Matrix than this movie.

cphilip
07-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah, it plays a fairly prominent role on the movie, if its the same bike that Will Smith is riding. One of the biggest suspensions of reality in the movie involves that bike. Will Smith pulls off moves that would have been more at home in the Matrix than this movie.

Its an almost totaly chrome bike and they presented it to Will so I am fairly certain it would be the same bike.

Benfica4ever
07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Thats a new bike i think its german or somthing..28gs...my god i wish i had that...

gibby
07-21-2004, 07:46 PM
WOW!!! :wow: Now that is an awesome bike! I know my cousin just bought himself a new CBR iF4 too...that's nice too. :hail: