PDA

View Full Version : Can i give my mag a trigger job

Snap_Dogg
10-18-2001, 07:07 PM
I have a minimag and i dont think you can give them trigger jobs and some guy said he gave his a sweet he means sweeeeeeeeeeeeet trigger job

magman007
10-18-2001, 07:13 PM
but i wouldnt, it isnt wise, mags arnt meant to have trigger jobs. A trigger job on a mag is not good. it is nothing but troubble, it will just cause you troubble in the long run

ralicea
10-18-2001, 08:46 PM
DON'T mess with the trigger. There are numerous posts about trigger mods...AGD has done a great job and it will void any warranty you have :mad:

gimp
10-18-2001, 10:22 PM
Buy an intelliframe

HyperSnyper
10-19-2001, 12:17 PM
With a stock frame, I dont believe there is any trigger jobs to do. The pull is so damn short as it is. Dont attempt to shorten the trigger rod anywhere else beside AGD's specs, this will throw the timing off.

The only triger job that I can see is if you got an aftermarket frame (Like a Benchmark 2x) and installed a trigger stop. These work great and dont affect any of the specs AGD has set on the gun. You do anything from grinding the trigger top (so the safety will act like the stop), drill a hole and install a bolt (for adjustability), or just plain old tape or tie a piece of something behind the trigger.

Hope this helps.

-Hyper

HeerophantG
10-19-2001, 12:44 PM
" LEAVE IT LIKE THAT "
there's only one suggestion

MajorDamage
10-19-2001, 01:43 PM
NO! NO! NO! hehe, but seriously...NO!

ENDO!

E-Mag man
10-19-2001, 03:52 PM
you could polish the sear but I wouldn't go any futher than that and make sure you dont do it to much just a little bit. I did it and it didn't help that much but you can tell a little bit of difference. So if your not sure of yourself don't do it. I stock trigger is great already.

mag_pbg
10-19-2001, 05:35 PM
Do a Zach's poor man trigger job!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13007&highlight=poor