PDA

View Full Version : What Valve & On/Off Should I Get???

iisp0tii
10-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Ok, first off, i traded my cocker in for a mag at the shop. second of all i got a automag classic & a shocktech 8-hole mod with it. i was wondering what AIR valve i should get. & what On/Off valve i should get.
Air Valves:
Shocktech 8-Hole
Diamond Labs 8-Hole
or ANS Phase 2

On/Off Valves:
ANS Xtreme
or AKA Cyclone

Shaft
10-19-2001, 06:54 AM
Three letters: A - G - D

Stock or AGD made internals are the only ones you should use.

Aftermarket parts just lighten your wallet and decrease the reliability of the gun

If anything, pick up a Retro Valve. Those are supposed to be the best upgrade possible for the Classic.

That will be the big difference between the Mag and Cocker. You really don't benefit from tinkering on the Mag.

Take it easy
r

e21bgl
10-19-2001, 07:03 AM
A.I.R. by AGD only.......:p

iisp0tii
10-19-2001, 08:09 AM
did u guys not read the first post. i said i traded in my cocker for a mag w/ a shocktech 8-hole md! u people need to read.

skipdogg
10-19-2001, 08:32 AM
i think what the posts are saying is this. Sweet you ditched a cocker for a mag, BUT.... a mag should have all stock parts to it. anything else has potential for making your mag experience a bad one. We are all merely saying that you should reconfigure your mag to have AGD only parts. That is our collective .02 cents

Shaft
10-19-2001, 10:27 AM
"did u guys not read the first post. i said i traded in my cocker for a mag w/ a shocktech 8-hole md! u people need to read."

What?!?!

You don't any help? You should'a just said so.
You asked what AIR and on/off you should get and we told you. It doesn't matter if you have an AIR 12 hole made by NASA, the answer would be the same.

markhauguel
10-19-2001, 03:56 PM
I would say if the valve you have works leave it alone. If you have a problem with it then replace it with an AGD one. If any parts need replacing I would order then right from AGD. These are not only a perfect fit but the prices are better than most aftermarket parts. You will no doublt have a problem shaking the Cocker "replace everything that came from the factory" mentality. If you stick with AGD parts it will undoubtly be a very reliable marker never needing anything other than oiling and soft parts. Cockers are good markers if maintained continously. They are only jokingly refered to here as the darkside. Have fun and good luck.

evil
10-20-2001, 11:39 PM
get a rt valve it is the only upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[NA]WARLORD
10-21-2001, 09:29 PM
I think everyone is saying ditch the 8-hole valve in favor of the A.G.D. valves either the stock A.I.R. or the R/T valve, 8-hole mods are going to give you probs in the future.

Ityl
10-22-2001, 10:13 AM
Yeah, throwout the shocktech and waste your money on a real AGD reg body. Or you can just leave it there, it won't hurt anything.

MajorDamage
10-22-2001, 12:56 PM
Yeh, I'd say if it dosnt give you problems stick with it. But I'd get stock mag parts. They work the best. And a ReTro valve is an awesome upgrade! And why is it that AGD is the only one who knows how to make mag parts!?

ENDO!

¤BritishSniper¤
10-22-2001, 03:25 PM
okay. ive had a mag for a year now, yippee! first marker that ive ever kept longer than a year. i LOVE it. you dont NEED a retro valve. sure, they're a lotta fun, but classics can shoot just as well, and i prefer it for the fact i can use co2 when HPA is so expensive where im at. Tornado valves from AKALMP are nice. drop in, its good to go, and it lightens the feel a bit. the z-valves, are well, SWEET. lightens it a lot. somtimes you may need some tuning, such as bumping your rod in, but not usually. these dont hurt the gun, but may not exactly help. there's been diffrernt degrees of effect from each valve, and really, if they work they're NICE. keep shortstroking down a lot, and give a nice crisp feel. kinda like Sprite. yeah, um anywy, the Shocktech backs arent bad, 8 hole mods dont do much, but if ya got it, no need to worry. hope ya have fun@