PDA

View Full Version : New Forum!!!!!

JoshK
07-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Here's a new forum that only has like 20 people...but it really has the "right stuff" to grow into a bigger site... here is the link...lets make it a huge awesome site like this one!!!!! http://xtreem-paintball.racso.com/forums/ :clap: :rofl: :shooting: :cheers: (ps i like smilys!!!)

UPDATE! We have our own server! the new site is at http://xtreem-paintball.com

UPDATE!
I am happy to announce xtreem-paintball.com is hosting a drawing! With the very generous help of Freedom X Paintball (http://www.freedomxpaintball.com/) we will be giveing away a HPA TANK!!! It is a brand new 47/3000 Hpa tank (only one string attached :), read further to see what it is) .... to be eligable to win this tank...you must have 20 posts on our site! Thank you for reading this and have fun!!!

GhillieGuy
07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
nice sight.. :dance:

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
That site looks ver promising. All it needs is more people. I know im gonna register. I highly suggest other people from aO do the same.

danoxide
07-21-2004, 01:24 PM
im all signed up! :headbang:
:headbang:

JoshK
07-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Im glad to say that I've been getting very promising responses from 3/4 sites...the site that didn't respond soo good was, yup you guessed it PBNation!!!! I think it was a mistake posting there :tard:

Gotenks
07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
There are a lot of well established websites, and forums, www.pbnation.com is great, it has a lot of immature posters, but if you are a mature poster, then it shouldnt be a problem.

http://www.pbnation.com is already filled with good information.

Plus that website is run on phpBB, it is OKAY, but isn't as efficient, and its search sucks compared to vbulletin. And you don't even have the graphics up yet, "yourlogo" come on.

Plus the organization is HORRIBLE. you have site related forums at the top, you should have paintball forums at the top. and right under that is the classifieds, which they have a forum for each manufacturer. Uhh... no. just no. Pbnation has it organized with electronics, non-electronics, etc., much better organization.

Plus, that website is run by a bunch of little kids, I know some little kids act mature and could run a good website, but from what I have seen, this website is gonna suck and be poorly maintained.

Too many people try and start new forums and spam up other sites, please stop

JoshK
07-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Ok...all beginning sites need work...thats one of the reasons they have a forum call "Site Suggestions" And have you ever heard of paintball-guns.com? Alot of those mods have gone to help with that site...go to paintball-guns and tell me its not a good site for what you want to find.Third....thank you for the feedback, its not positive but it is some what constructive....Fourth, would a bad site have 6 people in a matter minutes sign up for it?

Gotenks
07-21-2004, 02:21 PM
You got members to join cause you just spammed several major sites a little while ago, if you only got 6 members to join after spamming such sites, well you are not doing very well.

And you also broke the rules, like on pbnation.com.

JoshK
07-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone....

I bought my stuff from www.newegg.com-Gotenks

Is that a link....no you would never spam.... :rolleyes:

Carazy
07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
When you make a site you have to ask yourself what can I offer that no site already has. What makes your site different from the other big established paintball forums (ao, pbnation, pbreview)? As I see it nothing, you just have basically the exact same forums a theme for phpbb that you stole from somewhere and not even a custom logo. Not trying to say your site sucks but you have to offer something that is not there.

I might signup when you have that something.

JoshK
07-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Thank you for the feedback...ill bring that up with the mods

xmetal2001
07-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Its too spread out, nobody wants to check a billion different forums.

JoshK
07-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Good Point... But what if someone just wants to look for, lets say a tippmann, that person can just go to one forum and find what they want...you dont have to go through on big forum...not saying like AO's setup is bad...this is just anouther way of doing stuff.....

xmetal2001
07-21-2004, 07:00 PM
It might work for a big forum like pbnation, but just starting out its difficult having to goto a new forum everything you want to read a new post, perhaps expanding later on is a better option...

Plus, I know lazy people like me won't want to click through all of them, and you'll lose alot of viewers to a question that is asked.(did that make sense)

JoshK
07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Good point...but it has worked for other sites....If we do not grow alot, they might change that, or they might change that in the future even if they do get alot of people...the site is actually only a few days old, so it has alot of time to grow (they are actually working on alot of stuff as we speak)

TeamNausea
07-21-2004, 07:17 PM
to pull the pbn different section thing off you need at least 500 ppl on almost all day

WickeDKlowN
07-21-2004, 07:20 PM
You need a Tribal forum...

BE4life182
07-22-2004, 08:50 AM
nice site, im gonna join. thres also this site. fairly nre but it just got chat and it rock. its here www.the-bunker.us

jayloo
07-22-2004, 07:29 PM
It's quite hard to start a new site. You need something different than the others or find something that will compliment the large fourms like AO. There are many pball forums out there and every now and then I come across one that has been abandoned and not posted to in a long time.

Hang in there and keep spreading the word and DON'T get banned anywhere that is bad publicity no one can afford.

My 2 cents.

JoshK
07-22-2004, 07:37 PM
I got banned at pbn for trying to spread the word....excuse my french but they where reall A-holes about it....

nt2004
07-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I got banned at pbn for trying to spread the word....excuse my french but they where reall A-holes about it....
thats because they get so many people each day spamming new forums. Its clearly against the rules at PBN, so its obvious why you got banned

jayloo
07-22-2004, 10:56 PM

This is an example of what not to say when promoting your web site.

I have opinions of lots of stuff but some is better not stated in a public forum when trying to promote another site. Folks look at the quality of your posts and equate that to the quality of the site ur promoting.

Gotenks
07-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone....

Is that a link....no you would never spam.... :rolleyes:

wow, you are a moron, you came here asking people to join you stupid forum full of little kids who are such hardcore pbnation rebels, please son.

I was posting that I built my computer, and bought the parts from newegg, I didnt make a dedicated thread saying EVERYONE!! GO TO NEW EGG AND BUY COMPUTER STUFF!!!

Wow, you sure are doing a good job representing your forum, idiot.

minimag03
07-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Lets all join and NOT let it become another PBN.

Kevmaster
07-27-2004, 03:16 PM
they dont like 15 year olds spamming their forums with links to other forums...who can blame them?

i see twenty of these things take off every day...not one survives...good luck...

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-27-2004, 03:37 PM
I joined and believe me it doesnt look to promising. I thought it looked god, but that was before all the lil kids started sayin stupid crap. I dont think there is one good thread in the whole forum yet and it looks like its gonna turn into another PBN.

TeamNausea
07-27-2004, 03:56 PM
At first i thought it MIGHT go somewhere now i see its going no where unless some DRASTIC changes are made

JoshK
08-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey we are holding a contest for a brand new hpa tank!

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Before everyone goes running to that forum and signs up, its a 47/3000 and you need to have at least 20 posts to enter the contest. If this was an attempt at getting more people to join your forum it was a good move, and im being serious. Im sure just about every kid w/o a nitro tank is gonna join for that reason alone. That was a slick move :cool:

slade
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
this is the second time someone has mentioned this site to me... the first time it was someone that i didnt know that imed me (probably someone on ao who got my sn from my profile) please stop the spamming about your new site. and btw, look here: http://www.xtreem-paintball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=608

JoshK
08-27-2004, 02:28 PM
This has been up since the beginning of our site...no mods have closed it...I am well aware of that topic...that pertains to sites that have asked us politly not to post our link on their sites , as of right now, the managers/admins of ao have not requested me to close this thread...thank you for visiting our site...please come again :D

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
The thing is you resurected a post that i over a month old. If no one has replied to a thread in that long leave it that way. The thread was dead and you brought it back. It is very anopying having threads that are old back from the dead. please dont do it anymore.

JoshK
08-27-2004, 02:36 PM
If you are selling a gun and the thread goes dead...but then a month later you want to sell it again, and the thread is still there...and you started the thread...instead of posting a completly new thread, why not just bring up your old one that has the same info as the one you are going to start anyways?? Because I could just do that...but I woud rather just bring up a old post that has the same info...thanks for informing me...ill try not to do it again...

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I see what ya mean and stuff but for sale threads dont usually die out and get brought back a month later and stuff. Also, your post was to tell everyone that there was a contest goin on on your site and the original thread was to let everyone know about the site opening. All im askin is that you please not resurect threads and stuff.

JoshK
08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Ya its cool...thanks for telling me...and I'll try not to do it again...but with us telling about the contest...I was just kinda givin a update to the old one...so i thought it should be in the same thread...i guess i know fo rnext time then...

lord1234
08-27-2004, 02:49 PM
its against forum rules to advert your forum here..sorry...

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Its alright man. Its just annoying seeing threads resurected and stuff. I may be wrong but i thought a new thread woulda been a better way to go. Sorry if i came across as an ***, that was not my intention.

JoshK
08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Only one person has come from this site today...nobody wants a brand spankin new nitro tank?

bballe336
08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
phpbb blows the big one. but nice site anyways.

JoshK
08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks! I do admit its not as good as what ao is running but it works!

Kevmaster
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
your site isn't worth the time to waste for 20 posts to get a free (crappy) nitro tank

dont spam here...we don't need it

JoshK
08-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey seriously, shut up...ive been trying to be nice to people like you...maybe some person who doesnt have $70 to dish out want a tank too...and its not crappy, its a brand new in the package 47/3000 tank...please dont post in my thread anymore...

Krysys
08-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey, another forum! Great! <---sarcasm.

I'll start spamming you too....after you get some people that is.