PDA

View Full Version : New! Lady Silhouette Grips

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey all!!

I am in the process of cutting these right now, they are Lady Silhouette .45 grips. Availible in resin and resin backed rubber.

The lady can be a different color than the rest of the grip.

The lady's head wraps around the side of the grip, which I thought was pretty neat, because I wasn't aware that my mill could do that.

Then if all goes well I will cut the vert and the emag.

http://www.grip-me.com/newgrips/45mud2.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/newgrips/vertmud.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/newgrips/emagmud.jpg

68Classic
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
They are so nice... will you have chrome or silver?

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 02:52 PM
They are so nice... will you have chrome or silver?

If you just want the ladychromed I have vinyl here that I could place in there to make her chrome, or I could use metallic silver resin or rubber, and the background could be black.

I am working on some projects and if you wanted pewter grips or pewter chrome plated grips, I will have those in the future.

Target Practice
07-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Looks sweet. I'm diggin' the Emag grips.

Kudos, Heather!

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanky:D

tyrion2323
07-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Dear Heather,

Are you currently selling vert-grips?
Is it possible to get two or three color designs in them, such as the DYE Sticky3s?

Thank you,

Jacob

dj89
07-21-2004, 03:25 PM
i should have waited longer to get some for my x mag. :( tose are sweet :headbang: way to go

and the grips i have are to small for the grip frame. are they ment to be like that?

teufelhunden
07-21-2004, 03:35 PM
I'd hit it.

:)

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 03:41 PM
tyrion2323 which type of frame do you have???? I cut a vert grip for Logic that are the exact specs of an angel panel, so I'm hoping they can be used universally, if not no biggy I'll just cut them all separate.

DJ89 Which grips did you order?? I tried to email back everyone that I sent out the last batch, another customer informed me that they were too short for the Xmag frame, but the emag frame it was okay since the top didn't have a cut out piece.

I recut all of the emags and I need to buy some more mold rubber and those are all ready to go,

There are 7 different cut emag grips right now. They are over sized widths for covereing every knook and crany 3 of them, window, no window, and right.

Then there are stocks size no window, window, right and window with lighting bolts.

If you want a pair of these plain I'll send you a pair free of charge to make up for the shorter ones, Does that sound okay??? Email me your address and I'll let you know when they are ready.

HJSTOM2
07-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Those are sweet grips, good work. How much will a pair of the rubber 45's be?

dj89
07-21-2004, 03:51 PM
dose that help?i'll wait till these come out and pay for them
http://img28.exs.cx/img28/7530/MVC-005F2.jpg

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 04:10 PM
That is what was sent to me from another customer DJ89, and now they are fixed.

Like I said there isn't a style that won't be towards everyones liking with six different styles.

I didn't know that the XMAG frame was so different from the Emag frame that I have here with the curved back. So I think we are all set now. It is a good thing that I did sell them to begin with otherwise I would have never known that they didn't fit the xmag.

HJSTOM2 here's a link, I will offer the .45's at an introductory price for a limited time.

Summer Sale (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1504181#post1504181)

dj89
07-21-2004, 04:19 PM
That is what was sent to me from another customer DJ89, and now they are fixed.

Like I said there isn't a style that won't be towards everyones liking with six different styles.

I didn't know that the XMAG frame was so different from the Emag frame that I have here with the curved back. So I think we are all set now. It is a good thing that I did sell them to begin with otherwise I would have never known that they didn't fit the xmag.

you lost me

nt2004
07-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Heather, how much do just plain black vert panels made to angel specs cost?

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
you lost me

Okay it is a pretty lengthy explaination and I took pics to better explain what I'm talking about. I can't post right now though because I have the mill running off this same computer and if I download the pics off my camera, it will crash.

So tomorrow morning I will better explain what I have done to fix everything. Like I said I'll send you some new grips if you give me your address, unless you want the Lady pair then you'll probably have to wait until I cut those.

Nt2004 right now I am waiting to see if the verts fit Logics frames and if they do I will cut the other half and they will be ready to go.

I'll post a picture of those also, the verts match up perfectly with the angel grip, so I don't see any problem with those. I'll probably have a promotional sale for those as well, see the link above for pricing under summer sale.

nt2004
07-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I'll post a picture of those also, the verts match up perfectly with the angel grip, so I don't see any problem with those. I'll probably have a promotional sale for those as well, see the link above for pricing under summer sale.
I have one of rougefactor's 90* frames. It fits up perfectly with the angel skins i bought but i'm not a big fan of the skin's colors. I'd like to get some just black ones to replace them. If they fit an angel, they should fit the vert frame perfectly

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 06:49 PM
ahh okay, I'm waiting for a rogue frame and his grips to come in, we just want to be sure before I cut anything that they will fit, the last batch I cut for the verts were wrong as well, there was a problem when one file I made was imported into the cad software, the measurements came out wrong, so now I have fixed that problem, and I'm just waiting for the frame.

Keep an eye on my Summer Sale thread that there is a link to above.

I will post in there when I have some vert grips done that will fit both the Logic and Rogue frames, it won't be long now.

Tunaman
07-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Heather. Awesome looking grips! I see you have a Square cutout for the LED Window on the Emag grips. I would make it round on the ends like the factory ones and make sure the plexiglass window fits in there real tight. You dont want this window falling out everytime you take the grip off. ;) :D

rdb123
07-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Heather, could you make panel grips that follow the same shape as an Alias Intimidator's frame? THanks

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks Tuna!

I'm just trying to take everyone's suggestions and do the best I can to fulfill everyone's needs.

The new grips Tuna, the window is a part of the grip, what I do is I pour the color that the customer wants, for instance red, first, then I add clear to the back.

When the grip is demolded I then fill in the rectangle with clear and now there are no more windows to cut out, or get lost :D The window part is now crystal clear.
Pretty neat!

RDB I can make a grips in just about any shape I just need the frame to and the stock grips to work with.

dj89
07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
i'd be gald to wait how much should i send you? do you want my xmag to get a better fit?

mobius
07-21-2004, 08:24 PM
i'd be gald to wait how much should i send you? do you want my xmag to get a better fit?

She already fixed the X-Mag fittment problem. Because the grips you already purchased from her don't fit, she's offering to send you a free set of the new style that do fit properly.

The Frymarker
07-21-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey LUCY YOU HAVE SOME SPLANIN TODO

Okay I'll do my best no to explain how I fixed issues and how issues came about with the Emag/Xmag grips.....

First before I even had the mill I received feedback if I could change the stocks and add a little bit extra to cover these spaces, photos 1 and 2

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/1.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/2.jpg

So I set out to address those problems when I got the mill see grip version 1 photo 3

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/3.jpg

So I address the issue of it being wide enough, however I don't have an xmag frame and this is where I ran into problems, like yours DJ89, the top wasn't long enough for the xmag frame, the space up at the top now need to be covered for the xmags.

See photo 4, these are new grips made to stock measurements they cover more space but there is about 1/16th that isn't covered in that one area.

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/4.jpg

Now I decided to make the oversized version of grip but it may be a little too wide for the xmag frame, but not the emag, the emag has enough room for the extra part of the grip to cover all areas. The oversized on the xmag may hang over, I'm not sure yet because I don't have that frame, and I am waiting for the mold rubber to come in to make those grips. I only had enough rubber to make that version 2.

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/5.jpg

Here are the grips side by side, the only one missing is the oversized which isn't molded yet.

Here are all of the new protos that have the correct length, the 3 on the top are wider width to cover everything and the 4 on the bottom all to stock measurements.

Depending on your frame and what you most want to cover you can pick and choose what size grips you want.

Like I said I did my best to make everyone happy, those people that ordered the version 1 are getting new grips from me very shortly.

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/6.jpg

I hope I explained it so everyone could understand :)

SniperSmurf
07-21-2004, 08:47 PM
In your initial post, in the picture with the two grips side by side, is the one on the left for a Y-grip or is it just the other half of the .45 grip?

rdb123
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks Tuna!
RDB I can make a grips in just about any shape I just need the frame to and the stock grips to work with.

Heater, what if I just send you the stock grips and just have them made to that shape? Also, would it be possible to get them in see-thru? Are these soft and squishy? Thanks

nt2004
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
ahh okay, I'm waiting for a rogue frame and his grips to come in, we just want to be sure before I cut anything that they will fit, the last batch I cut for the verts were wrong as well, there was a problem when one file I made was imported into the cad software, the measurements came out wrong, so now I have fixed that problem, and I'm just waiting for the frame.

Keep an eye on my Summer Sale thread that there is a link to above.

I will post in there when I have some vert grips done that will fit both the Logic and Rogue frames, it won't be long now.
I dont mind waiting, i dont have the money right now anyways :D

68Classic
07-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Frymarker, you've got a PM.

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Snipersmurf, those grips pictured above at the top of the post are .45's, the y frame right now has .45 grips on it the are placed backwards.

RDB if you want to send me the grips for that frame I'll do my best, is the back carved out in any way??? I trying to steer away from carved back grip for the moment because they take a lot of time to make in which I'm running out of with my little one now learning to walk my time is getting shorter each day for certain projects. So let me know, if the back is just plain, then send them my way, but make sure it is when you can devote a couple weeks to letting me have them. Yes they can be clear, right now I have sucessfully made grips with a soft rubber top and resin backing to make them rigid enough not to cave into the frame but have a semi squishy feel to the top.

nt2004 okay I just got word from a little birdy that I should have a frame and grips really soon :)

68classic okay I pm you back.

DJ89 if you want to send me your xmag frame so I know what grips will fit the frame and what do not, that would help me out a lot because then I can suggest to customers what would best fit their markers according to the frame type. You can just send the frame, not the entire marker, unless you don't want to take it apart. It is up to you.
That way I can see what design would be best to cut the lady panels, stock or over sized.

On another note the right grip .45 is finished cutting and looks really nice. I am cutting the other panel now.

Joni
07-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Heather, I'm very interested in a pair of grips to my logic vert frame. Red grips with a black lady would be nice =). If available, what vould the price be?

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Hi Joni,

Right now the clear is only going to be a part of the sale, I'll pm you with a price :)

Bolter
07-22-2004, 11:44 AM
as always Heather, I love all the new stuff you come up with. Hot grips!

(mine are still awesome by the way ;))

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh by the way, I had you in my thoughts and was going to get back to you, do you want a pair of these instead with the storm logo?

rdb123
07-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Heather, these are what my current grips look like (not my gun):

http://i.myspace.com/18/86/336881/13174617_l.jpg

As you can see, there is a cut out spot for the LCD screen to show through, but the other side doesn't have anything cut out.

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Hot off the mill the .45 are cut just need to be molded now

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0368.jpg

RDB sure I can make the window, it would be an integrated window like the new emags.

Send it to me when you have the chance

dj89
07-22-2004, 01:22 PM
i'll send out my frame right After AO WNY.

Hope this helps.

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 01:52 PM
thanks I'll do my best to have it back to you fast

68Classic
07-22-2004, 02:08 PM
These are amazing grips. I can't wait to get payed.

The Frymarker
07-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks I think the neat part about them is that you can have 2 colors being used.

These will be on my C.S.S. Micromag clear with RI quarters in them.

Bolter
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh by the way, I had you in my thoughts and was going to get back to you, do you want a pair of these instead with the storm logo?

haha I'd forgotten actually. If its no bother then cool yes please, if it will cost you too much then don't worry. Im pretty pleased with what i got :D

The Frymarker
07-23-2004, 05:22 AM
Okay it may be a bit, until I get DJ89 Xmag frame so I can determine which grip type it would be better on, the most used.

Bolter
07-23-2004, 07:50 AM
if it helps my Xmag has an old Emag frame. The one with the hump back.

chasden
07-23-2004, 07:53 AM
I'd consider buying one if it didn't have "Frymark Designs" emblazoned on it in such huge lettering... ever consider working out a logo design?

The Frymarker
07-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Okay Adam thanks :)

Chasden, I do have a new logo it is a fist and it is on a few of my new grips, however I felt that putting two designs on this particular grip just didn't look right so I put my name on there.

As far as me changing that I don't think I will, I'm proud that I can make these products and I'm proud to put my name on there big and bold.

I can't please everyone, however I try my best.

The Frymarker
08-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Here's some pics of how the .45's came out

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0386w.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0387w.jpg

TraXeR
08-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Here's some pics of how the .45's came out

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0386w.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/Pict0387w.jpg

Are those mine? They look like exactly what I asked for from you last week.

The Frymarker
08-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Which ones?? You'll have to refresh my memory because all my emails were lost with the virus

TraXeR
08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Solid Black with white lady, but I don't think those are my grips cause I asked to have my name on them, and those don't appear to. Even though they likely arent, those are damn cool. I CANNOT wait till you send mine :).

Phobos
08-04-2004, 03:12 PM
You can out me down for a pair of Emag grips in the Blue/black stlye. They look sweet oh ya I need some Jewels for my Emag also. How about black with the same lady in blue agian, sweet.

The Frymarker
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Ahh thanks Traxer, nope they aren't yours they were for someone else, I have to check my paypal to see who it is.

Thank god that most of my orders are tracked through paypal, because I would have no clue what people's home address are and orders.

Your's will be made soon though. Those grips that lady is silver, it looks kind of white, but they're not.

Phobos sure I'll post when I have the emags ready. Right now I haven't even cut them yet. I have a few projects that need to be done now and when they are finished I will cut the emag and the vert lady grips. So suscribe to this thread or keep checking the dealer's section.

Thanks guys :)

dj89
08-04-2004, 03:48 PM
you still want my xmag frame?

The Frymarker
08-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Sure if you have the time??

dj89
08-04-2004, 05:15 PM
no prop i'll try and get it out asap i nedd your addy tho

The Frymarker
08-05-2004, 06:23 AM
great, I just want to see how the new grips will fit and I'll ship it back within the same week.

Then when I make the lady panels I'll ship you a pair.

I'll pm you my address.

player4
08-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Will these grips fit on a y-frame backwards?

The Frymarker
08-05-2004, 05:28 PM
They should, the grips on y frames are standard .45 grips.

JimInVA
08-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Wow... didn't know you were a "celebrity"!! :wow:

Jim

TeamNausea
08-05-2004, 08:23 PM
ehh ok?

The Frymarker
08-06-2004, 06:23 AM
Wow... didn't know you were a "celebrity"!! :wow:

Jim

Haha :rofl: not a celebrity, just a person with a really neat hobby!! I draw as well and most of my artwork was on my pc so we were really worried whether it was going to still be there.

Thanks so much Jim for all of your help :)

FetznerX
08-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Would it be possible to make the grips for a spyder e-frame?

Mag Master 04
08-08-2004, 11:01 PM
me wantee... i want some emag grips... Black with a silver girlie

The Frymarker
08-09-2004, 05:23 AM
If the stock spyder grip doesn't have a carved out back. If it is I am not pursuing grips like that at the moment, they take a lot of time and money to make the molds. For now I am just sticking with the plain back grips.

The emag lady panels will be coming out soon, I'm taking preorders now though.

TraXeR
08-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Question about the grips, is it possible for us to carve parts of them out on our own if we wanted to make room for an LCD screen to show through? Or would the resin start falling apart or start making the resin change color from oxidizing?

tippmannsniper-
08-09-2004, 06:28 PM
i would love some aluminum logic frame panels if thats possible to match the back of my barrel is it possible to order of your website what is your website

The Frymarker
08-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi Traxer,

I just replied to your email, these grip will not fit a standard Angel frame, and the new vertical Angel grips I made will not fit the standard Angel frame, they will only fit Angel vertical frames.

If you want me to make a standard Angel grip, then send me your stocks and I'll see what I can do.

You need the correct tools to cut out windows in the grips, like carbide burs or diamond tipped bits. With diamond tipped bits you need diffrerent graded bits to get the correct finished look. Resin doesn't oxidize, when you cut it the plastic turns white in that spot form shavings.

Hey tippmannsniper,

Check this person's grips, he does a really nice aluminum grip, he can laser it and annodize. Right now I just deal with resin/rubber and in the future pewter.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147619

guysdaman
08-11-2004, 04:51 AM
Wow! Got my clear Lady Silhouette Grips today and they are pimptastic! :headbang:
Thanks Abunch Fry! :clap:

bornl33t
08-11-2004, 04:57 AM
Wow! Got my clear Lady Silhouette Grips today and they are pimptastic! :headbang:

trucker bling bling in the grips... rawk on

The Frymarker
08-11-2004, 05:50 AM

Cool Beans!!!

:clap:

oldsoldier
08-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Heather, did you ever get a set of Alias grips? I am interested in some, and have an extra set of grips I can send you for a template. LEt me know.

The Frymarker
08-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Hey OS!

No not yet how fast do you need them back??? I ask because I need to buy some wax to cut and I don't want to have your grips sitting that long.

I want to get some made though, I have a few people inquiring about them.