PDA

View Full Version : Halo Victory Board Question...

Butterfingers
07-22-2004, 02:44 AM
I have a old school halo B with the black backplate. I want to upgrade to a victory board.

The new ones have a diffrent backplate made for long button boards.

Will the victory board fit both or just the newer long button backplates?

Z-man
07-22-2004, 02:57 AM
It won't matter. I have seen both old and new Halo B's with the V35 Board. Drop it in and get ripping.

LeatherPants
07-22-2004, 03:16 AM
From what I know the V35 boards only come with the "long" button. Which mean you have to use the back plate with the red button. This sucks since this tears easily. I'd rather use the black rubber button.

Now some V35 may come with the short button but I have yet to see one. I personally bought 4 boards and have installed about 15. They all came with the "long" button.

That "long" button sucks too. Lots of people break it off while trying to install their boards. Couple of time we were able to rip off the buttons off their older boards and solder them one.

I actually might solder a short button to one of my V35 boards so I can use the black back plate.

Skoad
07-22-2004, 03:25 AM
had my halo with the red button for a day and it already exploded :P

sarpadian
07-22-2004, 06:07 AM
The button is plastic just plastic. Easily shaved down w/ a dremel. IMHO, much easier then soldering in a new button. That's what I did.

Evil Bob
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
You gotta love low tech solutions :) Ah, the joys of owning a dremel...

-Evil Bob

thei3ug
07-22-2004, 03:09 PM
What I did: Installing Victory into Halo B:

I have done two things that both worked: I cut the button off of the V3 board, and I cut the rubber off the back of the button cap on the backplate.

I've also experimented with throwing a victory board across the floor and busting capacitors off because I got sick of installing them. It still works though, and I've saved a fraction of a gram off of my setup.