PDA

View Full Version : Centerflag regulator rebuild policy?

MicroMiniMe
07-22-2004, 08:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone has experience or knows how Centerflag deals with customer support for broken regulators?
Mine now is working great but I got it used and was just curious what others have dealt with. So for this scenario figure a 03' Dynaflow with broken/cracked dovetail mount and regulator gone to pot.
I've heard CF has real nice customer service, but how nice. Nice enough to rebuild or replace the regulator? Rebuild for free or replace with old or new stock at cost plus shipping? New guages or naked regulator?

Danke for any insight or educational guesses.

tasker89
07-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Microminime,

Give us a call and ask to speak with our techs. We have a rebuild policy on the older Dynaflow bodies. Our new body has a removable dovetail plate to prevent future occurences of the problem you have. I am not sure of the specifics on price...it will depend on the condition of your regulator when we take it in for the repair. However...in general customers pay about $100.00 (ESTIMATED) for the repair. For that money you will receive:

1) A new regulator body with removable dovetail mounting plate.
2) Stainless mounting screws for plate and reg. body.
3) A parts kit (we will use the kit to rebuild your reg. and return unused pieces to you)
4) Labor on the rebuild and installation.
5) Shipping back to you.

We promise a turnaround of 10 business days upon receipt of your regulator. Just call our Techs and schedule a return authorization.

Best,
Adam

_tMAN
07-22-2004, 08:56 AM
I recently send my tank back there. Beware, if you don't call to check up on it about every 3 days, they'll put it to the back of their list. But usually they are pretty nice about it.
rebuild for free may be stretching it. Is it still under warrenty?

Give em a call and ask for the tech.
630-553-2611

MicroMiniMe
07-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply and hard facts. My tank is in great condition. I was just wondering about worst case scenarios. Your fine customer service is one of the reasons I was confident buying it used in the first place.

toymyster
07-22-2004, 02:40 PM
I just mine back from them, and my experience was very positive, I had to pay for a parts kit and half an hour's worth of labor. And they called me when the job was done, call them and talk to them, their service is almost as good as AGD!!!

p8nt_junkie
07-22-2004, 02:46 PM
tasker89,

I have two old Hyperflows that I am very pleased with. My whole family uses Centerflag regs on our bottles (three brothers and my Dad). I have been to your old website and the new one and I'd like to know how to get my hands on a couple of Dynaflows. Also does your company sell the stubby 45k psi 88 c.i. bottles? Thanks for your time, rob

GT
07-22-2004, 08:37 PM
dynaflows are the best tanks on the market, hands down! :headbang:

tony3
07-23-2004, 12:02 AM
My dynaflow should come tomorrow, thanks to madmolly on here for hooking us up with an awesome deal. Go to the dealer for and check out the prices they got, below wholesale.

MicroMiniMe
07-23-2004, 07:15 AM
dynaflows are the best tanks on the market, hands down! :headbang:

Yeah, I'm working on getting another. I love my 03' w/88 stubby Carelton bottle. So I might hold out for a newer 70/72 Carelton for an 04' reg.

GT
07-23-2004, 07:49 AM
ive got 2 04 68's. one on my bko and another on my viking, that isnt ready just yet ;)

madmolly
07-23-2004, 07:51 AM
I agree dynaflows are the best tanks hands down. I have one on my Tippmann A5, Mac Dev Cyborg, DM4 and Matrix. I might even buy a pump and put one on it just because I like them so much. I currently have three teams playing all with dynaflows and not one hot gun penalty all year after we switched. They are just that consistent. I do have 34 dynaflows left for 225 each plus shipping of 8 bucks.

MicroMiniMe
07-23-2004, 07:57 AM
I agree dynaflows are the best tanks hands down. I have one on my Tippmann A5, Mac Dev Cyborg, DM4 and Matrix. I might even buy a pump and put one on it just because I like them so much. I currently have three teams playing all with dynaflows and not one hot gun penalty all year after we switched. They are just that consistent. I do have 34 dynaflows left for 225 each plus shipping of 8 bucks.
Playing with that many is there ever cases of FPS creeping up after matches? I recall the only knock is the reg pressure compensates for less air in the tank by upping the pressure a hair and they sometimes shoot hot if checked by handheld right after a game. At least its the only negative posts I've read. And not that I care anyways.

I wonder if A+ would anodize match the regulator to your marker like they do on the Max Flos they sell on eBAy. That would be stylin'.

GT
07-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Playing with that many is there ever cases of FPS creeping up after matches? I recall the only knock is the reg pressure compensates for less air in the tank by upping the pressure a hair and they sometimes shoot hot if checked by handheld right after a game. At least its the only negative posts I've read. And not that I care anyways.

I wonder if A+ would anodize match the regulator to your marker like they do on the Max Flos they sell on eBAy. That would be stylin'.

if you have an inline lpr, every gun does except cheap blow backs, it shouldnt matter if the reg went from 500-800 psi. besdies a reg is passive, it suplies the pressure you set and little else

MicroMiniMe
07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Well learn something new everyday. The reviewer that I must have read somewhere was using a tank worth more than his marker then.

Nothing like going to a field seeing a riced out spyder with Angel Air and Titanium Boobsticks I bet.

Uunng, I wanna shoot my Viking... :nono:
If my friend at IAO gets an AKAlmp tour after the event maybe I'll get a sneak peek.

madmolly
07-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I have personally never experienced any hot shots on my tanks when they are getting low. I go off the field sitting on 100 PSI and still 290 292 291 maybe a small spike up to 298 but that is if the paint sucks.

GT
07-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Nothing like going to a field seeing a riced out spyder with Angel Air and Titanium Boobsticks I bet.

awsome, new sig.

MicroMiniMe
07-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Spelling error is my quoted post. Fitting though.
This was the inspiration for the post (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16046&item=3689701053&rd=1)
Would be tempted to buy it just for the tip. And it looks like the stainless back anyways. Titanium doesn't shine as well.
But I didn't want to openly mock a decent barrel, but the DYE Ti are way overpriced.