PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Tac-One yet???

Beaner
07-22-2004, 06:39 PM
I am interested to see if anyone has seen, purchased, shot or other the new AGD Tac-One. I am quite new to paintball and have my selection down to two guns. A Tippy 98 or the AGD Tac-One. Anyone got any input for me???

jayloo
07-22-2004, 06:45 PM
I have one. It shoots just like any other automag or emag in manual ... GREAT :headbang:

I will probably never put any accessories on it though.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/tac-one7945_rs.jpg

_tMAN
07-22-2004, 06:45 PM
I have an order waiting with Tunaman

Beaner
07-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Jayloo, how do you like it???

boggerman
07-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Yes, one of the attendees at AO CO 3.0 had a brand new Tac1. It had never been shot before that day (other than the tuning done by AGD at the factory) and it performed flawlessly all day. Set the velocity (only because of the 4000 foot elevation change, or it would have been right already) and played, very nice. The Tac will cost more than the tippy, but you will have a better marker that will not chop balls and, in my opinion, is easier to work on when you have to.

Beaner
07-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Nice marker by the way. I love this thing. It is exactly what I am looking for...small, tight an all around good package. I just can't get my hands on one to test range and accuracy around these parts...

OysterBoy
07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
JAYLOO! Get rid of those panels! lol. Unless your going for a 'lined' look (Picatinny rails and the lines on the panels = Pretty kewl).

jayloo
07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
I love it almost as much as my emag. It shoots great. I left the stock barrel on it cuz it works perfectly. The whole setup it reliable and rock solid.

This is indeed the ideal marker for scenario play.

I have played with a Tippmann and I was not too impressed.

WickeDKlowN
07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
I havn't shot a Tac One yet, but I have owned several mags, and the Tac-One is just a new body style.

Long Answer: Both the Tippy and the 'Mag will last forever, and they're both rock solid. I've never had to deal with tippmann, but AGD has excellent customer service, and a deticated army of users(here at AO). With the tippy, being a low-end gun, you'll have to upgrade to a higher end gun in a few years(mabey sooner, depending on how serious about paintball you are). With the mag, it's a mid-range gun, slap in an X-Valve, and you'll have a ton of extra firepower, add a hAir Trigger, and you can rip witht he best of them. Get the Mag if you have the cash.

Short Answer: Get the 'Mag

jayloo
07-22-2004, 06:52 PM
JAYLOO! Get rid of those panels! lol. Unless your going for a 'lined' look (Picatinny rails and the lines on the panels = Pretty kewl).

If ur refering to the grip frame then all I can say is I am waithing for the Hair trigger to make this one complete. :shooting:

Beaner
07-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Thanks Boggerman. This is what I was looking for. Everyone at my local field is set on the Impulse, but I hate the first ball dropoff on that thing and it take $135 to correct it. I have used two now, and they are nice don't get me wrong. I just know there is better mechanical markers out there. Besides a guy the other night didn't use his electro because it was raining. I don't have time for that crap, I enemies to mark and I don't want to be afraid to use my equipment.

OysterBoy
07-22-2004, 06:53 PM
If ur refering to the grip frame then all I can say is I am waithing for the Hair trigger to make this one complete. :shooting:

Probably doesnt seem like a lot, but when I get my jackel Vert frame I'd be happy to send you a set of AGD Rubber gripys for the stock frame.. very very comfortable.

Beaner
07-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Wow, I am amazed at the great answers so fast. This is a great forum. What is the main advantage of the Mags and why don't I hear much about them around here. Erie, PA.

WickeDKlowN
Nice marker by the way. I love this thing. It is exactly what I am looking for...small, tight an all around good package. I just can't get my hands on one to test range and accuracy around these parts...
No gun has better accuracy or range than another(aside from guns with flatlines). Nomatter what anyone tell's you, any 2 guns with the same paint, barrel, and velocity will shoot exactly the same range and distance. Provided, some guns have more of a kick or recoil to them so the groupings won't be as tight, but they still have essentially the same rance and accuracy...

And unless you're really set on the Tac-One's body style or want to add sights and stuff, just get a classic mag or a minimag. Alot cheaper and the same performance.

jayloo
Almost missed an opportunity to welcome you to AO Beaner.

Welcome, stick around and you'll see many reasons why we shoot mags :headbang:

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Awesome, I just want to make sure I get the best marker for the money. The 450 for the Tac doesn't bohter me as long as I know I can rely on it and it will help me move to the next stage of paintball. I love to research and this sport has opened up a huge research area. I just want to have the best. Everyone has Impy's, Tippy,s, Angels, DM4's, but who has that money. I want to have a rock solid platform that will compete with these big money guys.

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the Welcome Jayloo. I hope to fill in the blanks on mags. Any idea on why I never hear much about them back here. I know they have been around since 1990. Any ideas. Remember I am in PA and things take a while to catch up to us here!!!

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Oysterboy, I appreciate the generousity. Hopefully, I can get a new Tac and won't need them. I thank you for the offer.

OysterBoy
07-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Mags have gotten pretty bad reps with the introduction of the RT (PRE Level 10). They became known as heavy blenders. Unfortunatley, most people cant get that image out of their minds. FORTUNATLEY, the community here is (more or less) set on giving facts before hype.

OysterBoy
07-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Oysterboy, I appreciate the generousity. Hopefully, I can get a new Tac and won't need them. I thank you for the offer.

Erm, I was talking to Jayloo :tard: . Heh, thats ok. Im often confusing.

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Funny...sometimes I just don't understand!!! LOL

jayloo
07-22-2004, 07:19 PM
hey Beaner, if u get a tac-one and don't like it sel it to me. I'd be happy to have 2.

afultz075
07-22-2004, 07:20 PM
I saw one or two Tac-Ones at D-Day at Skirmish.

Ratzo
07-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I'm curious has anyone slaped their E-Mag frame on a Tac-One yet?

jayloo
07-22-2004, 07:31 PM
I saw a post here on AO with one. Ill see if I can find it.

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:35 PM
hey Beaner, if u get a tac-one and don't like it sel it to me. I'd be happy to have 2.

That says a lot right there!!!

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:47 PM
That says a lot right there!!!

I just found you photo gallery and videos...impressinve and a great help.

Thermus
07-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I have one. It shoots just like any other automag or emag in manual ... GREAT :headbang:

I will probably never put any accessories on it though.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/tac-one7945_rs.jpg

I think the halo with the single trigger looks kinda funny. Nice marker though.

jayloo
07-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Found It. This is pointm@n here on AO.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/tacemag2822_rs.jpg

jayloo
07-22-2004, 07:50 PM
I think the halo with the single trigger looks kinda funny. Nice marker though.

Just keep thinkign Hair trigger :bounce:

Beaner
07-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Can you tell me what the magazine looking thing on the mags is and what it does???

silentdeath55
07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
That pic is of an e-mag with a tac-one body on it. The magazine looking thing you speak of is the battery pack and housing for the electronic mode of the e-mag.

punkncat
07-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I am interested to see if anyone has seen, purchased, shot or other the new AGD Tac-One. I am quite new to paintball and have my selection down to two guns. A Tippy 98 or the AGD Tac-One. Anyone got any input for me???

One important question. Is HPA readily available where you are?
If not then you might want to consider the Tippy or finding a classic valve for the Tac 1.

kevdupuis
07-22-2004, 11:46 PM
My wife and I use ours as a demonstrator and loaner.
Btw welcome to the forum.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/family%20pics%200027777_rs.jpg

jayloo
07-23-2004, 12:02 AM
My wife and I use ours as a demonstrator and loaner.
Btw welcome to the forum.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/family%20pics%200027777_rs.jpg

Nice collection :hail:

WickeDKlowN
07-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Nice collection :hail:
Very nice indeed.

Ratzo
07-23-2004, 08:07 AM
WOW! :wow: me likes the looks of the E-Tac.
I think I'll go that route instead of the Micro E.

Cyberious
07-23-2004, 08:34 AM
I have like one of the first 10 produced. I really like my TacOne. I did change the foregrip just because I thought the stock one looked mingin' (British slang for horrible). I will eventually put a hAir on it though. It does have the ULT which took me a littlw while to put on (You really have to keep the ULT lubricated up though or you get bolt stick). I haven't decided if I'm bringing this one or my X-Mag to Shatnerball this year though. In the picture I have a 68/4500 tank onit. I've found though that a 45/4500 makes it a super tight and really light package.

Halliday
07-23-2004, 08:59 AM
I saw a brand new one at the field last week. It has the ULT, and after trying it sold me :shooting:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/203332.jpg

personman
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
A tac one will beat the stuffing out of a tippmann 98.
I've got nothing against tippmanns, in fact I love them! I started out with one. They're great shooting guns. Mags are just nicer. Not to mention you will be unique. Just about everyone and their mothers have tippmann 98s. :tard: