AkaEnder
10-18-2001, 11:39 PM
Today I had the most miserable day with my emag. Ive checked the standard list,
shortstrokin the trigger -nope
nubbin(s) not adjusted correctly -checked
large bore paintball in a smallbore barrel -freak paint match
powerfeed plug not aligned right -checked
cheap and/or misformed paint -the new marbs

The only thing left is either A)the poor quality fills we were getting had me shooting down to 1000psi or less, which is when the chops seem to start B) something mechanical is wrong.

Any ideas? I was really pissed, because there were a couple guys out there really slamming on my gun and I couldnt prove them wrong because of the constant ball breakage. :(

Cha0tic
10-19-2001, 04:51 AM
you weren't getting fills past 1000psi? that could be one thing. you need about 800psi going in to the gun. when the psi starts to go down, so will the pressure going in to the gun. that could be a problem.

AkaEnder
10-19-2001, 10:50 AM
no, they could only fill to about 2000psi. Within 3 minutes on a supair field I was down to 1000psi.
I hope it was just lower PSI causing the chops.

Tubby_Ninja
10-19-2001, 12:14 PM
My emag often chops at low PSI, so I would guess thats at least part of the problem. I got all day fills on one of those big fill stations this weekend with about 8 fill nipples on it, and had only one or two barrel breaks the whole day. But I know your pain. If you figure out anything else, let me know.

AGD
10-21-2001, 01:43 AM
Did you get paint up the feed tube or was it down the barrel? Was the velocity lower when you got to the end of the tank?

Could be that as you shot the tank empty the bolt would not come forward all the way and cause bobble that could lead to chops. You have to give more specific info like did you chop at high firing rates or just single shot?

AGD

FaSSt
10-21-2001, 06:18 PM
My E-mag does not seem to like less that 1000 psi in the tank, even when the reg is set at 850 psi. My guess is that the mechanism is not given enough power to cycle properly with that low of a pressure.

2000 psi fills? Get a scuba tank and filler, and a 88 or 144 ci tank.

AkaEnder
10-21-2001, 07:59 PM
The velocity was staying the same, and it was chopping on single trigger pulls. No high rate of fire.
The balls were being broken right as they fed, because the paint was flying out the window in the feed tube.
Im chalking it up to the low PSI, and the cold temperature which seemed to make the paint alittle wet. I played all day today with out the problem occuring again - then again I also kept a higher PSI in my bottle at all times.

I do have another question though semi related.

Why does hybrid mode turn my emag into a blender? On manual mode, and e mode I can fan the trigger as fast as I can and not a chop, switch to hybrid mode and it'll spit out 10 balls and then start to chop repeatedly. The only thing I can think of is my warp isnt keeping up with the ROF. Is there a way to increase the speed that the warp wheel spins?
This is a constant source of amusment for my angel using teammates(eg: "hey nice valve that can shoot 26bps, to bad it chops after 10"). I hope a simple speed increase on the warp is all I need because emode is wonderful, but hybrid mode is where its at.

Thanks again for everything. AGD support is really the best out there, and is why I bought the emag to begin with ;)

BlackVCG
10-21-2001, 08:36 PM
You're probably shooting too fast in Hybrid mode that your Revy can't keep up and is creating gaps in the Warp. As long as your Warp battery is fresh, it should be able to keep up with 16-18bps. Make sure your Revy has good batteries. Does it have the delay or not? If it's only chopping in Hybrid mode, it more than likely means that you're outshooting the gun and the Revy can't keep up.

AGD
10-21-2001, 10:05 PM
If you have a Warp and your chopping on SINGLE shots then something is WAY screwed up with your setup.

1. Could be your dwell on the warp is too long and it is forcing balls past the nubbins. You would actually be chopping the second ball.

2. Your Power Feed Plug is not letting the balls feed all the way and they are hanging and chopping.

3. Your warp is not pushing long enough and short feeding the balls.

4. Do you have the Emag to Warp interface wire? If not you might not be feeding with the warp every time.

5. Did you shoot the rev out? You have to keep at least 5 balls in the warp at all times.

There is no way this can be a low tank pressure problem, look for the real culprit. With my warp and emag I will be really disapointed if I chop a single ball in a day.

Tubby_Ninja
10-21-2001, 11:12 PM
AGD and all,

I think you need to focus on bad paint as a potential culprit. I had the same symptoms several times in a row. Breaking paint in the gun far enough back that some comes out the feed window. Full air tank, clean gun, first shot in a string. Always PMI Premium, always the same field. Went to another field, and used marbs, did not have that type of break all day. By no means is this empirical evidence, as I have not been out enough to be sure. Just laying out what I consider to be a another reasonable possiblity.

Temo Vryce
10-22-2001, 07:23 AM
At the field I play the owners sell PMI Premium for use with the rentals and walkons, but they always have a couple of cases of diablo for the Mag players. We have discovered that for some reason the Mags eat the premium paint, but the cockers and spyders shoot it just fine. Fortunately the field owner is a long time mag owner so he will always have some good paint in stock. So my advice is to try a different brand of paint. If this fixes your problem talk to the field owner and see if they are willing to stock a couple of cases of the brand that works for you. Hope this helps.