PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to do in Cancun

Stix
07-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, need some advice. I'm going down to Cancun in a few weeks, and I've never been there before. I was wondering if you guys could suggest stuff to do down there, as well as some things to watch out for . If you know of some sweet deals on food/tours/nightlife etc. that would be much appreciated as well. Oh, and it'll just be me and this girl (26) going, so no kids to look after and other stuff like that ;)

silentdeath55
07-23-2004, 10:55 AM
;)

RoadDawg
07-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Never been to Cancun but one of my friends says this about it. What happens in Cancun, you won't remember. :cheers:

HJSTOM2
07-23-2004, 11:21 AM
go to local prayer service? ;)

MicroMiniMe
07-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Well if you only drink alcohol and don't use any ice you probably won't get any travelers diarrhea :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't spend you money on tourist trap souveniers, save it for diving/snorkeling.

gamarada717
07-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah, definetly make sure to stay away from drinking the water or having a drink with ice in it. That water can TEAR YOU UP. But try snorkeling, it's pretty cool.

UltimatePaintballer
07-23-2004, 01:01 PM
women

WenULiVeUdiE
07-23-2004, 02:54 PM
I went their last summer. This may sound a little lame, but look in xcaret. I dont think it;s spelled that way, but it's pronounced that way. They have an underground river, the re-enact the old mexican game things. It's pretty cool. Also, Isla Mujeavas, cant spell spanish words, sorry. I went their on my birthday. When you get there, rent a moped and have fun. It's much more true mexico than cancun is. It has a small thing of ruins, a military base, a great beach, friendly people. You can take a boat their, it's about a 20 minute ride. You can also go scuba diving and all that stuff. But if you really wanna have fun. Get drunk and go clubbing. That's what cancun is truely for.

cphilip
07-23-2004, 02:56 PM
I went their last summer. This may sound a little lame, but look in Zcaret. I dont think it;s spelled that way, but it's pronounced that way. They have an underground river, the re-enact the old mexican game things. It's pretty cool. Also, Isla Mujeavas, cant spell spanish words, sorry. I went their on my birthday. When you get there, rent a moped and have fun. It's much more true mexico than cancun is. It has a small thing of ruins, a military base, a great beach, friendly people. You can take a boat their, it's about a 20 minute ride. You can also go scuba diving and all that stuff. But if you really wanna have fun. Get drunk and go clubbing. That's what cancun is truely for.

You can get real Cuban cigars there. But be wary. Many fakes. Go to the Official Cuban Government Store. There is only one. It will be obvious.

Stix
07-23-2004, 03:04 PM
You can get real Cuban cigars there. But be wary. Many fakes. Go to the Official Cuban Government Store. There is only one. It will be obvious.

WOOWOO, I can replace my stash again! Didn't even think about that :D

I went their last summer. This may sound a little lame, but look in xcaret. I dont think it;s spelled that way, but it's pronounced that way. They have an underground river, the re-enact the old mexican game things. It's pretty cool. Also, Isla Mujeavas, cant spell spanish words, sorry. I went their on my birthday. When you get there, rent a moped and have fun. It's much more true mexico than cancun is. It has a small thing of ruins, a military base, a great beach, friendly people. You can take a boat their, it's about a 20 minute ride. You can also go scuba diving and all that stuff. But if you really wanna have fun. Get drunk and go clubbing. That's what cancun is truely for.

Hrmm, sounds like a plan; thanks a lot! :)

WenULiVeUdiE
07-23-2004, 03:10 PM
I forgot, Isla Mujeabas has this cool little place near the ruins. But the ruins are small. It's like two walls. If you go there, and if you go up the lighthouse, watch your head. It really hurt hittin it. They also got some nice parrots you can feed.

Something you will not be used to is the lizards. If you live in an area with squirrels than you know how annoying they are. Well, dwon there, instead of squirrels, they have lizards. They're not huge, but about a foot long.

There is also a bar/retaurant called senor frogs. They supposdly have wild nights there, but I left before I was able to experience them.

And the bues are free. Except if you buy a ticket it is your "insurance"

Andrew