PDA

View Full Version : Reusable 'paintballs'

trains are bad
07-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Are there any good substitutes for real paint that could be used in my basement for tweaking?

warbeak2099
07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Cooper "T Balls". Rubber target balls that can be shot into a net or something. Link (http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=zUVcSeomofRcMasnixWc4eDv83YDQagfb9k=?Cat alogCategoryID=RkOsFAY7PnMAAAD3nOClA_2r)

OR

V-Balls. Velcro balls that come with a velcro target pad. Link (http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=zUVcSeomofRcMasnixWc4eDv83YDQagfb9k=?Cat alogCategoryID=F5%2esFAY7O0YAAAD7RqkwXFnY)

Automaget
07-23-2004, 12:23 PM
take it from someone who know do NOT buy T-BALLS they will not work at all you get the once and awile one that does work ok but about 9/10 of them dont work, i have not tryed the V-ball but it looks more promising

Skoad
07-23-2004, 01:44 PM
I have/had both Tballs and Vballs.

Tballs aren't good they don't work with motorized hoppers.

I just picked up some V-balls (velcro) they look nice, have yet to shoot them though

paint magnet
07-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Get some hard shelled paint, like Proball or something, and hang a thin sheet / blanket / towel or something up, so that it's loose and moves freely. Put a bucket under it, lined with another towel or something. You should be able to reuse the balls several times. (I noticed this when I accidentally shot clothes hanging out on the line to dry and the balls just stopped and fell to the ground) Make sure there isn't anything behind your 'target' though, just in case the sheet doesn't stop them ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
07-23-2004, 01:54 PM
vballs HURT!!! they like innocent and fluffy on the outside but they are mean and METAL in the inside...but then again i don't think these were meant for shooting at people

Skoad
07-23-2004, 03:47 PM
they don't seem metal, looks like a plastic core to me'

Toxic Dave
07-23-2004, 04:05 PM
V balls have a hollow plastic bead in the middle.

pwtzz
07-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Used to have v-balls, they double feed on me all the time (mag w/ non-motorized hopper) so I just put them one by one.. Then I eventually sold it since they bounced and I've lost 6 pieces already, and they shoot a bit lower than regular paintballs.

I used to do what paint magnet said, but I already ruined 3 towels so use something elastic. Be creative :D

durtysoufcraka
07-23-2004, 04:27 PM
do they really stick to the target? that seems kinda tough. cuz the little tennis balls that are supposeed to be velcrow dont even stick. or are they just to shoot and have fun? they look prominsing i wanna get some.
-durty

Koosh
07-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Vballs are awesome... they stick really well ot the target, the only problem is if you want to shoot more then 20 or so rounds at a time... the target fills with them, then the vballs bounce of each other and can get lost... This is what a guy on my team posted as a review on another forum:

This is not to be taken as a scientific test, just goofing around! [:D]

Paintballs used were some old Diablo Inferno's I've had laying around. OLD PAINT that I would NOT use in a game, still had 0 breaks. (only stuff I had handy)

Shot with the Nemisis Intimidator (Nemy?) using a 72/4500 Crossfire through a 14" .069 LongBow hoppered in a Rev.

For weight comparision I used a counting scale, very accurate but not positive on the actual weight conversion.

10 paintballs weighed out at .068
10 V-balls weighed out at .024

1 paintball weighed out at .006
1 V-ball weighed out at .002

So close to 1/3

Paint was approx. .108 of an ounce
V-ball was approx .038 of an ounce

Shot 3 sets of 5 balls each over a "Big Red" Radar chrony, indoors.
Paintballs:
Round 1 average FPS 266 (+/- 11)
Round 2 average FPS 259 (+/- 9)
Round 3 average FPS 264 (+/- 12.5)
(Remember, this is OLD paint, the nemy is a bit more consistant with fresh paint!)

V-Balls:
Round 1 average FPS 240 (+/- 32.5)
Round 2 average FPS 234 (+/- 25)
Round 3 average FPS 246 (+/- 12.5)

I think the wide FPS fluxuation with the V-balls is due to what they are, fuzzy-balls. After a few hundred uses, I expect the gap will narrow a bit.

So, after all that, I guess I wouldn't use V-Balls for long-range practice; or to test your markers FPS. But to make sure you can still sling paint, the V-balls are the ticket for no mess practice.
I set up a "shadow-box" target for the V-balls. Cardboard box 18 x 24 standing verticle with a double layer of bubble-wrap as backing with the V-ball target centered and taped in place. Since I'm not that accurate shooting over the Chrony, I did miss the target a few times. [8o] The V-balls never penetrated farther than 1 layer of the bubble wrap (large bubble) and I had NO bounce-backs. I shot 10 balls at the most at one time so I never did hit another ball which as koosh said could cause bounce-back.

Shoot just fine at 40', seem to fly just like paint does. Shooting between 10 and 20 rounds, had no bounce-outs. All in all a very good buy.

Flip
Team 10th Mountain
Liaison/Demolitions
Sponsored by CountyPaintball
Eagle County Paintball
High Country PB

Skoad
07-23-2004, 07:19 PM
I don't have a target for mine, just plan on shooting them into a hanging towel or a padded box.