PDA

View Full Version : AGD - Warp on Emag Battery

donggie
10-19-2001, 08:24 AM
AGD,

Thank you for responding to my emails and posts in the past, I surely would not have been able to get this far without your help and the help of the countless members of this board. I have finally been able to run the warpfeed off of the 18v battery of the Emag. I know this is not great feat since it has been done time and again by others. I am currently using an interlink cable that you so graciously sent to me. Although I am confident that the connections to the 7809 dc regulator are correct, this was verified by the manufacturer of the dc regulator, I am getting a short when trying to run it with the interlink cable. It will work fine if it is in the vibration mode but will not work and actually will spark and probably blow up if I hook up both poles of the 9v clip while the interlink cable is plugged. I can only assume that the signal or the cable itself is acting as signal and or ground for the warp since when I remove only one of the poles of the 9v clip, it works flawlessly. I am somewhat stumped and am wondering why the warp would run if only one of the poles of the clip were attached. I am guessing that it is being grounded by the interlink cable. Would anyone know or care to offer some advice? As you can probably tell from my post, I am no electronics guru. So type slowly. :)

Sincerely,

don Florencio

Tunaman
10-19-2001, 05:57 PM
I believe you have the option of which type of pulse to send. Check to jumpers on the right side of the warp. I have the top and bottom jumpers on mine. You may have to remove on of them for the correct signal. Positive or negative signal.

datapimp69
10-20-2001, 10:15 PM
i am haveing the exact same problem running the warp off the emag battrie.

i have talked to tom and robagd with no luck

i had to go back to running the warp off the 9v

let me know if you ever get this figgured out and i will do the same

P.S. i would like to hear from ANYONE that has gotten this working, because i dont think it can be done.

AGD
10-21-2001, 01:11 AM
Don,

Draw a picture of what you have linked up from the battery to the regulator to the warp etc. I can't figure out what you are doing from the text. It should not "spark" no matter what you do.

AGD

donggie
10-21-2001, 08:12 AM
I think I know what I did. I tapped into the 9v clip going to the hopper which was inverted in order to compensate for the 9V clip inside the hopper. Would that explain why it works with only one clip in on the warp? I am rechecking my wiring as I type. I'll keep you posted once I rewire the whole thing.

don

donggie
10-21-2001, 02:59 PM
This is what I got. Sorry for the pic size. Could any of the mods resize this monster?

donggie
10-21-2001, 06:01 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1748607&a=13466459&p=55498125

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1748607&a=13466459&p=55498121

Finally All is well. Thanks all. Got to do the other Emag tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Don