PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mag Leak

Mad_Man
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
I recently purchased an automag from a guy in georgia. It is a classic mag with classic valve, ule body and intelliframe. When i received it i screwed in the co2 tank and immediately co2 hissed out of the barrel and it wouldnt fire properly. Sometimes i can pull the trigger rapidly and it will fire a bit but not recock properly it seems. Occasionaly when i screw in the tank nothing will happen, and when i unscrew the back of the valve a bit it starts hissing a little. What should be the exact layout of the on/off part of the valve, including orings and which direction the parts face. Any help would be great.

Mad_Man
07-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Up! Anyone??? I really need help with this, and im making negative process by myelf. The classic valve has 3 stars. Will AGD fix this? Whats their turnaround time?

adiedanny
07-23-2004, 08:51 PM
First of all you will have better performance with compressed air than c02. The previous owner probably used comp. air. Try reducing your velocity and replacing all the o rings.If you go to air gun.com you can go to the technical area and download an exploded valve diagram and order all the o rings you need. I really, really recomend using compressed air.

Mad_Man
07-23-2004, 10:38 PM
HPA is not an option for my area, hence the reason i got a classic valved gun. After diassembly and reassembly all the orings appear to be in perfect shape. I also oiled them, but that didnt seem to do anything.

AGDlover
07-23-2004, 11:12 PM
do you have a lvl10 or a lvl7 bolt
LVL7: take off your bolt, unscrew the power tube tip, pull out the Power tube spacer, replace the small o-ring and get a bigger Power tube spacer.
lvl10: bigger carrier , less shims

AGDlover
07-23-2004, 11:22 PM
LVL7 parts:
PT o-ring http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=26&categoryID=18

PT Spacer kit: http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=9&categoryID=16

LVL10 parts: should be with the gun

Darken Sun
07-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey, Don, Im the one you bought the mag from. Anyway i think the problem is liquid c02 is getting in the gun. And for you other people, yes i was running HPA on this so the o-rings could be the problem or somethin

Mad_Man
07-24-2004, 03:17 PM
How could liquid co2 get in right the first time i screwed it in, immediately, not allowing a single shot to be fired? and screwing it in with the gun vertical doesnt change a thing. Im thinking about sending it to havoc-online.com but im waiting for an email back from him. Anyone know his turnaround time?

Havoc_online
07-26-2004, 02:36 PM
sorry, I was at IAO with AGD.

I replied to your email.

stoney76
07-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I shot Co2 for a long time with my Classic. If it's a white cloud coming out the barrel then it's liquid in the in the gun. If it isn't, then you just need to replace the seals and it should work. Since you don't have easy access to compressed air, buy a gas through stock and invest in a remote line. I played with my mag using that setup since 1993 without a problem and my buddy is doing the same now. Just keep it simple...the remote is the best bet (I coiled one will restrict your movement from right to left hand shooting...buy a straight one so you can still switchhands.