PDA

View Full Version : help please vry frustrated in a trade

smartfarts
07-23-2004, 06:34 PM
This is my first AO/pbn trade..
I worked out a deal with adrenaline_junkie (AIM acnt. AOadrenaline) in which i traded a very expensive mech mag and an egg2 for his stock speed demon w/ faulty feed neck.

He was a nice guy, worked things out well and has decent feedback (here on AO). So i trusted him and sent out my marker the following morning (he agreed to do the same). He didn't. He got my gun on monday and promised he would ship his. Forgot my address so i gave it to him so that he could ship on tuesday. Alls OK, simple mistake. He didn't ship it on tuesday. so i badger him quite a bit more and on wednesday night he finally gave me something to rely on; He had given the package to his father to deliver during his errands. He Promised it was next day shipping. More than likely USPS. Great!
No, not really. Next day I have NO marker. Day after that I have NO marker. Now i try to contact him, through PM, email, AND AIM. NO reply, NOWHERE to be found for the past two days. Beforehand he was ALWAYS online. The guyEasy Boy! No cursing here please! disappeared. What do I do?? He's probably an honest guy, just a bit irresponsible.. but he either screwed up somewhere or lied to me. One of the two.

In respect for him I don't wish to give out his real name OR his address, but i might eventually if disappointment persists. What would you guys do in this situation?? Be patient? Be ticked off?

This is BIG, HUGE, money for me.. the rest of my money went into books for college. I can't afford to be screwed over. I'm probably too quick to conclusions, but d**nit I want answers!!

Thanks for your time, guys..
Scott Liang

ilikePB
07-23-2004, 06:47 PM
If you want to get a hold of him try to get his phone number using this page here. (http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/) Hope that helps.

Hairball
07-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Next day shipping is rarely next day in my experience. I'd keep trying to contact him, and if he doesn't respond or you don't get your gun in a week or two, take action.

afultz075
07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Finding his phone number and giving him a call to see what's up would be the best idea. Being as courteous as possible with them on the phone works wonders usually unless the person you're dealing with is a complete jerk.

Since you say the guy supposedly gave his father the package to mail leads me to believe he's probably a minor, so talking to the parents would always be a good thing in getting this resolved quickly.

tyrion2323
07-23-2004, 07:17 PM
I highly recommend calling the police if by the end of the week:
(1) you haven't received the marker
(2) He hasn't contacted you.

smartfarts
07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
thx guys..
I can't find a family that matches his name through that website, maybe i need to search harder.

I certainly hope you're right, hairball! If delay persists i will try to speak to the parents, and if the situation is worse than i think I may have to call police.

Scott

afultz075
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
If you need his number, call directory assistance and give them the address, they *should* be able to get you a number just from that.

smartfarts
07-24-2004, 12:06 AM
Here is a link to his feedback http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=141255&highlight=adrenaline

he seems like an ok guy.. I wish I wasn't left hanging, though.

Scott

RtDaNiMaL
07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
hey if he doesnt give u a gun... and the police dont do anything.. then post his e amil address and number i will be sure to call him and mail and e amil him.

DaNiMaL :ninja:

smartfarts
07-24-2004, 07:58 PM
lol thank you..
I'm going to wait/try contacting for a week; If there is no result there will be major repercussions.

AnArchist_1944
07-24-2004, 08:17 PM
i was sent something "next day" thru the USPS and it came 3 1/2 weeks later.

$tevo
07-24-2004, 08:49 PM
just hang tight for a while i guess,i added him to my aim list so if he signs on, ill let you know so we can find out if he blocked you or not. hopefully its all a big misunderstanding and all works out well

minimag03
07-24-2004, 10:29 PM
I can't believe that he would trade his speed demon, I thought he loved it. Anyway, I have talked to him before, and he has always been honest and helpful.

RoboBeaver
07-24-2004, 11:00 PM
it IS summer, maybe he shipped it, and went on vacation.... completley oblivious to the fact that you had not recieved your marker.. jsut a thought

hAppy
07-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Next day shipping is rarely next day in my experience. I'd keep trying to contact him, and if he doesn't respond or you don't get your gun in a week or two, take action.
They don't guarantee next day for nothing... My next day shipping always comes on time.

The guy probably didn't ship it out, so he is just hiding so you'd lay off for awhile. If his feedback is good, than trust him for awhile. I know you're REALLY anxious for that new gun, that is really what's driving you crazy. What's his Handle for AO?

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey man, sorry bout that. You know what happend and im very sorry about all of this. I had some very unfortunate things happen as you know and i will get it out to you asap. For all of you wondering what happend, my comp crashed first of all then i had to leave for a few days cus my grandma died. Again i am very sorry about all of this.