PDA

View Full Version : an intresting story from an otherwise bland guy (me)

i_baked_cookies
07-23-2004, 08:38 PM
okay... lets start at about 5 oclock today. I needed to get my oil changed in my car, so i hopped on down to my local jiffy lube or whatever. I pull in, and they guy asks a few questions blah blah blah. it comes down to getting the hood of my volvo open when the guy realizes its freaking stuck. for gods sake- a 40,000 dollar car and the hood wont open. the guy said he wasnt going to try and open it because he really didnt want to break it. so i get out of my car and get my hands under the hood and use my legs to push up... big mistake: my front liscence plate is right near my kneecap, and it so happens that my liscence plates are freaking sharp as a damn knife. when i lifted up, it felt like the plate had just scratched me, so i glanced at it, and at my POV, it looked like a little scratch. so i kept walkin around for like 2 minutes while the car guys talked about what to do, and one of them said "you might want to get that looked at". then i looked down to see blood running down my leg (not as bad as you might think). only to realize that i had cut myself pretty well on a rusty liscence plate at a small jiffy lube becuase the hood to my car wouldnt open because it was old... yada yada- it all comes down to a nice visit to the hospital for four, yes count them, four (oh the inhumanity :D ) stitches right under my kneecap. oh yea, and a tetnis shot. the reason im wasting 10 minutes to type this is becuase im bored. jolly day. :cuss:

trevorjk
07-23-2004, 09:28 PM
hey i read it all :)

at least you didnt have to get your tires rotated and when they were about to put a lugnut back on the Rod just mysteriously snaps into 2 :confused:

OysterBoy
07-23-2004, 10:06 PM
LMAO, Similar story:

One day, grade 8, I was walkin down the halls, sliding my hands back along the lockers. Well, at the end of a row of lockers was the end of the wire that was used to lock them off. It was a plastic-wrapped wire with several wires inside of it; exposed. I didn't see it and got 2 EXACTLY parrellel lines on my hand. I didn't think much of it either, just looked like a scratch. I get back to class and am sitting casually with my hand on the back of the seat. Someone I'm talking to stops dead in their sentence and says '...dude, ok, funny joke ha ha' (sarcastic). I say excuse me? And he points to my hand saying 'You didnt know about that?'. So Im staring at a hand covered fairly well in blood thinking 'WTF!?!?!'. I didnt end up with stitches or anything, no hospital visit for me. Just 5 bandades and some polysporin..

1ofkind
07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
:) One time I was at a gas station making jumps off a bump. One time I had longer than usual air time and ended up landing vertically... Ouch! I went to my friends house who I was riding with and got bandaged up and by my friends mother(who was a nurse). She asked me, "is that a rock?". I said no, then she went, "we'll do you feel pain when i push down" (It was completely numb) so I said no. So it was treated as a scab and that was the painful end of it. We'll about 3 maybe 6 months later I discovered a strang bump on my elbow under a scar! OMG guess what it was? A rock, theres a rock to this present day in my elbow, we'll its been about 4 - 6 years so far. I often forget about it until I see the rug burn on my opasite elbow from sliding into a bunker off the break near the 50.
:cheers:

viper_ssc
07-23-2004, 11:28 PM
When I was in 4th grade the school got some new playground equipment. We would play tag(even though we couldnt) on it at every recess. Well I was on the ground and some kid was on a bridge like thing, he went to tag me and I ducked. So he runs to get someone else when my friend jumps off the monkey bars just as im standing up. We collide, his chin hit my head and chips his tooth. I grab my head with just a headache, well I kept playing on. The top of my head felt like I just ran 5 miles and I was sweating a lot more than before. When I go to wipe off some of the sweat I noticed that my hand was all red. I feel my head again and it was drenced in blood. A girl screams and the playground aid looks over and she screams. We walk to the office while bloods dripping everywhere. I sit down in the office as if nothing happened and eveyone is all hysterical. I went to the hospital and all didnt get stitches. Well I still have a scar there and right below it I have another scar from another incident when I was 2, but im not gonna go into that one.

RingOfScale
07-24-2004, 01:22 AM
1ofakind, thats hilarious .. i forgot what your story was while reading the one below, but i just remember i thought it was funny <>

tony3
07-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Well I guess its story time, when I was like 8, not sure exactly when, in the summer we were running around for no reason at all. And I ran into our garage, bare feet, wet(got out of the pool), and there was oil on the ground. I slipped and didn't fall back, no that would be to logical. I fell forward right on my head. I don't think I've ever bleed that much in my life. Ahhh the good ol' days.

OysterBoy
07-24-2004, 09:24 AM
lol, tony you just saved me some writing! Same thing, except not really... we were at a water park, I was 7 or 8, and I ran. Safety guard 'Dont run!' Me- 'NyaH!' right after I slipped and cracked my head, was bleeding so horribly, and the safety guard looks me right in the eyes and says 'NyaH!'.

lol. If only I had understood irony, I would have laughed my head off.

But I didnt. I cried like a.... crying..machine... lol.

bornl33t
07-24-2004, 02:24 PM
okay... lets start at about 5 oclock today. I needed to get my oil changed in my car, so i hopped on down to my local jiffy lube or whatever. I pull in, and they guy asks a few questions blah blah blah. it comes down to getting the hood of my volvo open when the guy realizes its freaking stuck. for gods sake- a 40,000 dollar car and the hood wont open. the guy said he wasnt going to try and open it because he really didnt want to break it. so i get out of my car and get my hands under the hood and use my legs to push up... big mistake: my front liscence plate is right near my kneecap, and it so happens that my liscence plates are freaking sharp as a damn knife. when i lifted up, it felt like the plate had just scratched me, so i glanced at it, and at my POV, it looked like a little scratch. so i kept walkin around for like 2 minutes while the car guys talked about what to do, and one of them said "you might want to get that looked at". then i looked down to see blood running down my leg (not as bad as you might think). only to realize that i had cut myself pretty well on a rusty liscence plate at a small jiffy lube becuase the hood to my car wouldnt open because it was old... yada yada- it all comes down to a nice visit to the hospital for four, yes count them, four (oh the inhumanity :D ) stitches right under my kneecap. oh yea, and a tetnis shot. the reason im wasting 10 minutes to type this is becuase im bored. jolly day. :cuss:

I did that with a fridge once ... about took off a 1" diameter chunk of my knee. I didn't get sticked though.. and now have a huge scar that looks like a "C"