PDA

View Full Version : white lithium grease

eNder159
07-23-2004, 09:50 PM
hey i just got a bottle of white lithium grease that i took from my uncles garage...

i was wondering if i can use this stuff on my lvl 10 bolt stem, o rings, and ult on/off ...basically a replacement for standard paintball oil...i did a search and nothing concrete about it...

WickeDKlowN
07-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Hmm, that's a good question. There's about 6 tubes of the stuff out in the garage, so I'd like to know too.

Chronobreak
07-25-2004, 02:11 PM
i use ther ecommended oil in mine but i tried the stuff for fun once ;) i figd all goes bad i can just clean the valve out ... and it worked the same if not better ...i left it in there for few months of play...never had to add more...

elprup
07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I had someone from a paintball establishment tell me to just use white lithium grease instead of oil. I haven't done so because I have KC trouble free oil, but I have at least heard of it being used in markers.

jesseyo13
07-26-2004, 08:45 PM
I know its used in angels for just about everything. I dont see why it would hurt a level 10.

jwalker87
07-26-2004, 09:56 PM
I used some regular grease for the bolt spring; works fine for me.

jesseyo13
07-26-2004, 10:03 PM
dont tell me you used automotive grease :eek:

jwalker87
07-26-2004, 10:26 PM
i dont think so. I dunno. What would automotive grease do?

ghideon
07-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Only thing that I've ever used lithium grease for on my Mags is for the spring pack in the back of the valve. It's just there to prevent corrosion. For everything else, I use oil (KC Trouble Free).

paint magnet
07-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Only thing that I've ever used lithium grease for on my Mags is for the spring pack in the back of the valve. It's just there to prevent corrosion. For everything else, I use oil (KC Trouble Free).

I second that...you can use any kind of grease on the spring pack, it's just there to prevent rust. You shouldn't be using any kind of grease inside a mag (other than on the reg. spring pack) anyway, only oil.

jwalker87
07-27-2004, 04:58 PM
here's what I'm doing: using Gold Cup on everything inside the valve. However, on the bolt spring, when I got it, there was grease on it, so when I cleaned it I reapplied some. Also used grease in the spring pack in the back. Should I clean the bolt spring and just put oil on there? It seems logical to use grease there, but I'm no expert.

paint magnet
07-27-2004, 10:43 PM
On the bolt spring it probably won't matter, both the bolt and spring are made out of steel - as a general rule the only areas you would have to worry about is where it would come in contact with a seal or oring, some types of grease have been known to eat away at them. So just don't put any where it could come in contact with an oring (It's best not to use it, except on the regulator spring pack, as it's not needed if you oil your gun well.)