PDA

View Full Version : titanium or alluminum

gorymonkey2
07-24-2004, 12:42 AM
should i buy the titadium cocking rod for my karni or should i just stick with the alluminum one that comes on it

Carbon
07-24-2004, 12:58 AM
howbout you just give me $30 and you keep the aluminu rod?

Fanatic
07-24-2004, 01:46 AM
lol...ditto
if it works the same way...why bother

WenULiVeUdiE
07-24-2004, 09:59 AM
Withthe titanium you will be able to lower your cocking pressure a tiny bit and pinch balls better. But since you have eyes on it, a new one is not needed. And karni's dont have cocking rods. Your thinking about the pump arm.

GT
07-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Withthe titanium you will be able to lower your cocking pressure a tiny bit and pinch balls better. .

wtf are you talking about? there are difference in materials not in design.

trains are bad
07-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Ti is heavier than Al. It has a higher modulus of elasticity but I doubt that would help you bounce off paint at all, so unless you have a problem bending them, stick to Al. It will reduce the reciprocating mass=higher cycle speed. And you already have it.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-24-2004, 11:21 AM
wtf are you talking about? there are difference in materials not in design.

I thought titnium was lighter than aluminum. If it was true than he could turn down his lpr a tiny bit and his ability to pinch a ball would be greater. But, since aluminum is lighter, that is not true. If the tit. arm was strait, while the alum. was bent like most, than the tit. would be better. It;s easier to push a strait rod than a bent one.

FallNAngel
07-24-2004, 11:26 AM
No... titantium of the same size as aluminum is actually heavier. It's also stronger, which means you can mill it smaller (lighter), but still keep the same strength as aluminum. Honestly, you're not going to see any difference with the cocking rod. If you really want to pinch, your best bet is to mess around with the valve and mainspring.

gorymonkey2
07-24-2004, 11:36 AM
dangit!!! in my first post i put the wrong thing, i didn't mean cocking rod, i meant pump rod, the karni already has a titanium cocking rod.

FallNAngel
07-24-2004, 01:34 PM
dangit!!! in my first post i put the wrong thing, i didn't mean cocking rod, i meant pump rod, the karni already has a titanium cocking rod.

same here... I meant pump arm too... I distinctly remember typing that last response and picturing a pump arm (yes, I own and have worked on several Cockers). A titanium pump arm won't do much either.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Karni's dont have cocking rod. They use the IVG or w/e it's called. Well it doesnt have the traditional cocking rod.

LeatherPants
07-24-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a Ti pump arm on my E Orracle. Honestly if I were you I'd stick with the AL one. The reason I went Ti is that it's lighter that the SS one but still as strong. I realized later I don't need the pump are to be that strong. The AL is the lightest arms you are going to find.

Someone was going to make hollow tubular TI arms that would have been lighter and stronger than AL but that fell through.

50 cal
07-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Ti instead of Al is a solution in search of a problem. Just another way to seperate you from your $$$. Don't bother. You won't see a bit of difference.

sneakyhacker420
07-24-2004, 06:55 PM
i'm pretty sure that the karni pump arm is not interchangable with other pump arms on the market due to the longer front block design of the reverse 15º foregrip

but if i'm wrong and it IS interchangable, buy a AKA Stainless Steel pump arm

main reasoning for this is that is is 2 peices welded together, rather than oen bent peice, which stops rubbing by the back corner of the pump arm slot

also, SS is a stronger metal than Aluminum or Titanium, which will definitely help with the speeds that you'll achieve with an e-blade, which over time with an aluminum rod, would cause the pump arm to warp or bend

FallNAngel
07-24-2004, 06:59 PM
also, SS is a stronger metal than Aluminum or Titanium, which will definitely help with the speeds that you'll achieve with an e-blade, which over time with an aluminum rod, would cause the pump arm to warp or bend

Wnd I believe SS is also heavier than aluminum as well. Not sure how it compares to Titanium though. The only reason you'd need a pump arm is if the current one you have breaks... I don't think you'll be firing that fast for it to snap.

sneakyhacker420
07-24-2004, 07:04 PM
but considering the weight difference of the materials, and the size of the pump arm, that few-gram difference will not matter SQUAT as far as cycling speed goes