PDA

View Full Version : question about HPA tank damage

RingOfScale
07-24-2004, 02:22 AM
Hey, i've been playing with my fiber-wraped HPA tank for almost a year now, but only played with it maybe 10? times in that year. A while back I took the cover off it, looking for a hydro date just cause I was wondering, and I noticed it had some scratches/dents on it. I think a rock got into the cover at one point and was getting pushed around in there. It's not as bad as it sounds, its only a few minor dents and a few scratches. But I was just wondering, how much abuse can one of these tanks get? When I do hydro it in 2 years or so, should I expect it to fail if it has some scratches/dents on it? Will it weaken the tank alot? Or do they make them thick enough that you could have the whole outside of it be scratched/dented and it wouldnt matter?

~thanks

-ringofscale

craltal
07-24-2004, 05:03 AM
One of the most important things is making sure that there are no fraying strands.

Deathshadow9k
07-24-2004, 11:46 PM
as long as it doesn't look like theres a meaty chunk taken out of it or some of the wrap fraying it should be able to pass hydro testing. i would suggest you take all the spots that are messed up on it and put some high grade epoxy on em just for safety (do not use anything nailpolish related or superglue).

RingOfScale
07-25-2004, 01:57 AM
thanks guys