PDA

View Full Version : pisses me off..

zacbot
07-24-2004, 06:23 AM
okay i need some assistance..on last saturday i play with my mag, it works perfectly fine..anyway last night i go to take apart my gun to clean it, and swap out triggerframes so i can sell it to a coworker, and i air it up to make sure it works fine and it starts leaking down the barrel, holding in the trigger and no air is leaking down the barrel but when i take a squeege and push on the bolt, the leaking stops. Also i can push on the back of the valve and the leaking stops

so i have decided its the bolt spring...any objections?

Fanatic
07-24-2004, 06:27 AM
first off your lack of detail
what mag?rt/rtp/mini/custom?
level 10?
ULT?
you get picture

zacbot
07-24-2004, 06:35 AM
68 automag, no lvl 10, no ult

1stdeadeye
07-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Oil the hell out of it and see if that helps. Also maybe turn the velocity down a bit.

zacbot
07-24-2004, 06:52 AM
i have done the first..right before i ran out of air..i tighted the field strip screw down tighter than hand tight..and there was no play in the valve..but i tryed this..and the gun only chuffed because fo the 200psi of air left in my tank

punkncat
07-24-2004, 08:16 AM
If you had it on a tank almost out of air that in itself could be the problem.

Fatjon
07-24-2004, 08:24 AM
You need to make sure your new frame has the rail bushing in it. It sounds like it dont. If not take it out of the frame you took off and put it in the new one. Then order one from the agd store. there like a dollar but a little piece you have to have.

JimmyBeam
07-24-2004, 08:34 AM
do what 1de said and turn the velocity all the way down, then slowly bring it back up a couple of revolutions and see if that helps

1stdeadeye
07-24-2004, 08:58 AM
Also, the Mag is HP. If your tank was empty it is not going to function properly. Fill you tank and then try again!!!!! :rolleyes:

zacbot
07-24-2004, 09:52 AM
also..when the gun is fired..the valve slides back just a little bit..to leaves a larger than normal gap between the valve and the body..if that helps

thanks guys

TeamNausea
07-24-2004, 09:56 AM
fill the tank...the answer has been spoken many times

zacbot
07-24-2004, 10:21 AM
okay
ill try it

fire1811
07-24-2004, 11:16 AM
exactly what two trigger frames are you trying to swap out?

jdhogg
07-24-2004, 11:21 AM
If you had it on a tank almost out of air that in itself could be the problem.

yeah, ive tried shooting my classic on an almost empty tank, and i get all sorts of weird leaking noises. but when i fill her up, it works fine.

Carbon
07-24-2004, 06:00 PM
It is probably the trigger frame, it is either out of spec or just not right. what brand is teh trigger frame? It could well be your return sprin too, cheeck ad see if it is worn.

And regardless of what presurre input you put into the mag i should not be leaking out of the barrel. the mag is a dump chamber design and not a popet valve like the timmy. If teh pressure is too high it will vent out the back. If there is not enough air, the trigger should get squishy and it wont even fire.

make sure you installed the valve correctly and the grip fram screw and firld strip crew are on properly and snug.

zacbot
07-24-2004, 06:11 PM
its the stock trigger frame..ill take it apart and reassemble it later i suppose..thanks guys..im going to the field tomorrow..im gonna see if it can fix my problem

AGDlover
07-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Power tube o-ring ner or you just need air

Bad_Dog
07-24-2004, 07:34 PM
I second the powertube o-ring...

that or try tightening the valve down with an allen wrench... that should take care of the gap between the body and the valve; thus pushing the valve forward and the bolt back into the powertube o-ring where it should be sitting in the first place...

danheneise
07-24-2004, 07:52 PM
also..when the gun is fired..the valve slides back just a little bit..to leaves a larger than normal gap between the valve and the body..if that helps

thanks guys

if i'm understanding this post right, this really makes it sound like a missing rail bushing. Pull off your body and rail, and check the back trigger frame hole (the field strip pin's hole) and there should be a metal shiney ring slip fit into the hole. If there isn't one, the valve will slide out the back of the body more than usuall and cause leaking.

zacbot
07-24-2004, 11:03 PM
well sir..i do believe you are right..my dumbass failed to put in the bushing..heh..thanks anyway guys