PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Bounce

tmnothing
07-24-2004, 09:18 AM
I have a fireblade blade trigger on my x-mag and in mech mode I get some bounce and in Hybrid I get crazy bounce, I know the solution is the trigger rod, but is it too short or too long? E-mode there is NO bounce.

Z-man
07-24-2004, 05:01 PM
That kind of bounce is perfectly natural in hybrid mode. Hybrid mode combines the featherlight touch of the electronics with the kick of the RT resulting in mad bounce yo! In mech mode its common to get some bounce but if everything is in spec and you are running around 800psi into the marker it should not rapid-fire on you (but you will notice the bounce). If the marker is going nuts in mech mode as well there are 2 things to check:

1-make sure your on/off pin is 0.750 inches long

2- see what happens if you turn down your input pressure (if you have an adjustable tank).

ghideon
07-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Hybrid mode combines the featherlight touch of the electronics with the kick of the RT resulting in mad bounce yo!

Yo, lemme grab my clip for my gat and we'll roll yo!

WickeDKlowN
07-26-2004, 03:47 AM
to get rid of bounce in hybrid, you hve to take the trigger rod completley out from what I understand. To get rid of it in mech, turn your input pressure down.

mfalcone15
07-26-2004, 05:38 PM
ok, dumb question, what is bounce?

Z-man
07-26-2004, 05:43 PM
ok, dumb question, what is bounce?

Bounce is the feeling of the trigger snapping back on you after you fire your marker. If you have an AGD marker with an RT/X-Valve you know what I am talking about. There is a similar type of feeling that is felt on the Tippman RT/A5's (though the nature of how they work is very different). Bound on the RT valve can allow you to shoot faster than normal and if you adjust the bounce (as you can read about on my pages) you can do stuff like this:

Z-man's Original Rapid-Fire Video (http://homepage.mac.com/zvetter/.Movies/rapidfire.mov)

You can read about manipulating the bounce of the RT vlave here:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

and of course you can watch all my videos on this subject here:\

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_corner_main.html

mfalcone15
07-26-2004, 06:16 PM
thank you for the reply, happily, i bought a custom RT ULE yesterday at IAO. It is my first mag, so i'm trying to learn about it. I only got to shoot about 100 rounds through it, then i ran out of air (figures). It has a ULT in it. The only thing that kept happening was when i would try and shoot it fast, sometimes the pin behind the trigger stayed back, and i'd have to take off my HALO and push the bolt back. That is short stroking right? how do i make it so that doesnt happen? also is there an easier way to get the gun :fire ready?" than to take off my hopper and push the bolt back with my finger? I cant fire fast at all with it, what am i doing wrong? thanks for any help.

Matt

Twitch_DGA
07-26-2004, 07:13 PM
your bolt is sticking try to put a nother level ten shim in it ;) i think that should do it, but you said you had little air. befor you mess with it try and see what happens when it has a full tank. :D