PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Supremacy

Lakeview Bulldog
07-24-2004, 06:21 PM
I saw The Bourne Supremacy today. All in all it was a great movie. The entire thing is extremely intense. Also one of the best chase scenes I have ever seen. Not quite as good as the original, but sequels never are. I highly reccomend this movie.

CaptaiN_JacK
07-24-2004, 06:25 PM
So you said the chase scene was good, but was it as good as the Matrix: Reloaded chase scene?

And I haven't read the books, even though I've read about all of Robert Ludlum's books. Is the Bourne books any good?

teufelhunden
07-24-2004, 06:36 PM
omg. its soooooooo awesome.

[/stupid worthless post]

paintballrulzs
07-24-2004, 07:26 PM
I actually enjoyed it and predicted it. It seemed to just end really quickly though. I don't know maybe it is just me, but that is what it seemed like. The movie was action packed from the very begining.

mcveighr
07-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Was the chase scene as good as Bullit, cause that was awesome.

BeaverEater
07-24-2004, 09:26 PM
I loved the first movie and cant wait to see this one. To bad im always working :cry:

silentdeath55
07-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Was the chase scene as good as Bullit, cause that was awesome.

Yeah, that chase scene was simply amazing. I dont think it had enough to pass up the Bullit chase scene.

taylor492
07-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh my, i saw it too and it is :eek: :hail:

One thing i was pissed about tho is i was reading a review on it at work, the day i was gonna go see it, and the reviewer totally tells what happens....uh how do i put this so i dont spoil it for everyone else? The big...happening...in the beggining.....with , NM.

Yeah great chase scene at the end. Give it up for those Euro taxis!

Definitely a must see movie

digitard
07-25-2004, 12:24 AM
The chase scene is like a slightly better version of the beginning car chase scene from THE ROCK. It is an AWSOME chase scene.

The movie rocks... definitaly a go see. Only thing that bugged me was they used the "atmospheric camera juggle" here and there to get that "following feeling" and it made my head hurt...lol

taylor492
07-25-2004, 12:58 AM
The chase scene is like a slightly better version of the beginning car chase scene from THE ROCK. It is an AWSOME chase scene.

The movie rocks... definitaly a go see. Only thing that bugged me was they used the "atmospheric camera juggle" here and there to get that "following feeling" and it made my head hurt...lol

Yes! Good point, i almost forgot.

Smoke
07-25-2004, 01:55 AM
I just saw it today. Excellent movie!

slateman
07-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Agreed. Excellent movie. Intense and fast paced. The chase sceen was really well done. The only thing that bothered me was the camara work. It seemed a little unsteady - like it was hand held. It tended to jump a little too much and I found it somewhat difficult to follow the actions at times.

chairman_mao
07-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I thought this was better than the original. The way the fight scenes were filmed made it extremely realistic to me. I've read several reviews that critizied the technique used but for all of us who have been in or seen a good brawl it was a pretty good representation of it (IMO). I can't wait fo the third one to come out.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ShooterJM
07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Saw it on friday. I thought it was great! Now I'm looking forward to that village movie and AVP! :bounce:

ZSigErik
07-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Wow, my brother and I went and saw it opening day, and I thought it was TERRIBLE. The movie never really did anything. Usually when you think back on a good film, you remember certain highlights, or things that you thought made the movie great. The only thing I can remember are his two witty one-liners when he, well, not to spoil, but for the guys that have seen it, they know what Im talking about.

The filming of the action scenes was done horribly, if I wanted to sit and watch an amatuer, shaky camera, I wouldve rented Blair Witch Project and sat right nex tot the screen to give my self the sickening effect this movie gave me. Sure, Damon did a stellar a job, but how hard is it to play an amnesiatic, nearly handicapped "mute"?

But, the movie did have SOME high points, though not doing much justice to the books. Some good things about the movie, well, I honestly cant think of many. The Bourne Identity definately surpasses its sequel, hands down. To be honest, alot of movies these days are just down right bad, this one is no different.

Thordic
07-26-2004, 01:14 PM
The movies and the books have absolutely nothing in common.

The plot of the first movie was 90% different, and due to that, the plot of the second movie is forced to be entirely different.

The movies are pretty good, but just can't be compared to the books.

Ludlum books are extremely complex, it'd be pretty hard to make them into a movie based off the book. Too much stuff going on.

I reccomend reading the books but just don't expect them to line up with the movies.

Also, the movies were written in the early-mid eighties, so technology and politics have changed drastically.

BobTheCow
07-26-2004, 01:14 PM
I re-watched the first one yesterday with FalconGuy to make sure I remembered everyrthing I needed to, and I'm probably going tonight to see <i>Supremacy</i> tonight... I'm excited!!

Kevn 419
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
i went to see it this morning. great movie would highly recomend it. i hope they have another

UltimatePaintballer
07-26-2004, 04:29 PM
whats the first one called and whats the sequal called?

i want to see them

just saw badder santa, hilarious movie

ShooterJM
07-26-2004, 04:36 PM
whats the first one called and whats the sequal called?

i want to see them

just saw badder santa, hilarious movie

The first one is the Bourne Identity, the second is The Bourne Supremecy.

Thordic, thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to check out the books now.

Albinonewt
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
I liked the new one a whole lot more then the first one, and I loved the first one.

See this movie, its so good

edweird
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
I watched it last night and had a good time of it. over all it was a very cool plot driven action flic. imho its worth the 750 some may spend to see it.

my only gripe is the over use of blair witch esque shakeycam even if it was to hide less than precise combat coreography and provide atmosphere.

BobTheCow
07-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Just got back... pretty good movie!! Some really good chase scenes, and and overall good movie in general.

Havoc_online
07-27-2004, 01:10 AM
From 1-10 I give it a 6.5

I liked the first one FAR more.

BobTheCow
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
I liked the first one FAR more.Even though I LIKED this one... me too.

Fred
07-27-2004, 02:37 PM
i liked the raw nature of the fight scenes and camera work, it feels so much more real that the uber-smooth camerawork and choreographed fight scenes in a lot of other movies.

the chase scene was great! Ronin is still the best though...

the CIA witch lady played the role very well, it was fun when she thought she was in control and then gets owned by Bourne on the phone...

very enjoyable movie, too bad the theater i went to didn't accept the free pass i got when i bought the Bourne Identity this weekend.

---Fred

MrWallen
07-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I read the first book, and tried watching the first movie, but it was so COMPLETELY different that I gave up about a quarter of the way through. I could definately tell that they changed a lot for the sequel based simply on the first book.
Nevertheless I still liked it, and the plot was more complex than in most movies today, even if there were a couple hole (which I couldn't point out without spoiling the movie).

TigerMan
07-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I was kind of disappointed in this one. The first one I thought was totally better. Like ZSig said, I just look back at this movie and can't really remember one scene that sticks out and makes me go "awesome" or "woah." The first one had it in the scene where he gets in the fight with the assasin and stabs him with the pen. This one I thought really didn't have a lot of action or fighting, but rather a lot of keeping you on the edge of fighting with chases and stuff. I mean it was good, but it I thought it could've been more.

ZSigErik
07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I was kind of disappointed in this one. The first one I thought was totally better. Like ZSig said, I just look back at this movie and can't really remember one scene that sticks out and makes me go "awesome" or "woah." The first one had it in the scene where he gets in the fight with the assasin and stabs him with the pen. This one I thought really didn't have a lot of action or fighting, but rather a lot of keeping you on the edge of fighting with chases and stuff. I mean it was good, but it I thought it could've been more.

Woo, someone agrees with me! :clap:

Hairball
07-28-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm almost afraid to see it after seeing people say the first was better. I hated the first one. I wish somebody would make a movie from a book that was at least as good or exactly the same as the book. It seems it's impossible for someone to make a film that exactly follows the book.

TigerMan
07-28-2004, 09:00 PM
I wish somebody would make a movie from a book that was at least as good or exactly the same as the book. It seems it's impossible for someone to make a film that exactly follows the book.

Go see the first two Harry Potter films. There almost exactly like the books.

MrWallen
07-29-2004, 02:59 AM
I think the Lord of the Rings movies did a pretty good job of following the books. I mean, they skipped some stuff, but they didn't really change anything outright (save for the very end, which deserved to be done in the first place).

Smoke
07-29-2004, 03:12 AM
I definatly plan on seeing it again, it was sooo good.