PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Emag

Webmaster
10-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Someone sent me this made up "fantasy" emag. I think its pretty darn cool!!! Thanks to who sent it - he wrote his name on the image -but I dont recognize it as a user name.

Two things I dont get:

1) the volumizer for a strip screw, I guess I could see it if it was an RT banjo bolt - but why isnt it the same ano?

2) the battery pack - someone mill it already!

hehe - very nice work - another example of too much time on ones hands and a ripped copy of photoshop...

pito189
10-19-2001, 12:03 PM
Thats pretty sweet I like the color. What did he do with the LED?

Ni cD
10-19-2001, 12:12 PM
Hmm, the little lp chamber looks totally out of place, but yeah...funny lookin'. :)

User
10-19-2001, 12:13 PM
wow that's an awesome combination of stuff. Very compact looking. I don't prefer that volumizer or whatever on the back though. :D

Xzion
10-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Just think, that design is possible I believe, well it is for the most part, it just wouldnt be an electro, just a Z-Gripped ReTro mag.... I had something simular in mind once I got ahold of one of the Modular bodies :)

HeerophantG
10-19-2001, 12:57 PM
i feel that's only an Imagine, i think that's computer graphic
where is LED??? and how that the Maker deal with all funtion buttons??? and i think in z-grip they won't be able to put the CircuitBoard in it because of the limited of space inside
but anyway if he can make that real (or if that's real) it would be very very very COOL!!!!!

gimp
10-19-2001, 12:59 PM
sweet

MikeCouves
10-19-2001, 01:03 PM
Is that real or fake? I would believe someone made it on thier comp?

HeerophantG
10-19-2001, 01:08 PM
I Agree with Xzion, i think it's real but i can only be ReTro without electronics parts .

Thordic
10-19-2001, 01:13 PM
Its fake, unless everyone is trying to be like me.

PIRG-Z!!!!

TOG I EMAG!!!!!

Puckz
10-19-2001, 01:15 PM
You guys need to actually read the post above...

It's a "fantasy" gun made up by someone using Photoshop.

shartley
10-19-2001, 01:22 PM
All that "effort" and they could not change the Grip Logo to the correct way (as Thordic pointed out). Heh

Unless it IS real! I heard they are making Markers now days with the writing reversed so that when you look in the mirror you can see how everyone else sees you! ;)

X-Plosive
10-19-2001, 01:50 PM
Thordic it's only my oppinion but instead of
"TOG I EMAG"="GAME I GOT" when mirrored, you should have
"EMAG TOG I"="I GOT GAME". It makes sense to me unless you have an alterior motive as to why you did it that way. Is there something I'm not getting? Who cares, I have a cool sig. I think I have the nicest one out of all the ones shartley made too:D. Cphilips is nice as well, it's kind of comedic.

MajorDamage
10-19-2001, 01:51 PM
OOOOOOOOH! MY DREAM GUN! A ZEMAG! That would be GAMEZ backwards! BUY ME ONE!

ENDO!

Thordic
10-19-2001, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
Thordic it's only my oppinion but instead of
"TOG I EMAG"="GAME I GOT" when mirrored, you should have
"EMAG TOG I"="I GOT GAME". It makes sense to me unless you have an alterior motive as to why you did it that way. Is there something I'm not getting?

Everyone seems confused :)

See, its all about how it was placed in that picture I did.

I GOT
GAME

The I is on top of the G, T on top of the E.

TOG I
EMAG

Letters are in the same relative position. Its a cross between mirror imaging and backwards writing. My own unique hybrid. :)

Besides, Tog I Emag sounds better than I Tog Emag :)

[Added on Edit: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14493 Look there and you'll see what the hell I am talking about if you missed it.]

Webmaster
10-19-2001, 03:05 PM
To clearify - it is a FAKE and FANTASY - its just some parts photoshopped onto one another and an anoscheme layed on. Further proof is him forgetting to flip the AGD Icon and lettering...

I just thought it looked cool - maybe they SHOULD engineer a zgripped emag.

Xzion
10-19-2001, 03:50 PM
I know, that the ONLY problem I have about buying an E-Mag, is it doesnt come in Z-Grip style... I love my Z-Grip... and it would be a hard task to dismiss it and go back to a regular frame.... if I had the cash, and they came out with a Z-Grip E-Mag, Id have to buy one!! another nice option, would be to make a E-Z-Grip that could be applied to regular 'mags... *sighs and mutters 'Z-Grip = addictive and WONDERFUL!"* :D

PAINTBALLA01
10-19-2001, 04:06 PM
that's pretty cool

Magsrule3
10-19-2001, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't it be extremely hard to make a Z-EMAG? The position of the solenoid would be difficult to make because it would be at a reverse position as the regular emag. But if they did make one that would be awesome, of course you would need a Modular body, super bolt, 4500 Flatline, Warp, and HALO to complete the package *drooooooool* :)

Xzion
10-19-2001, 05:18 PM
I dont think it would be too hard to make an E-Z-grip, you'd just have to adjust the orientation of the sear and the solenoid, Im sure somethign would be able to be worked out... I can think of a method that might work right now... though, I may be completely out to luch :D

Magsrule3
10-19-2001, 05:27 PM
cool, wanna share your idea? Oh just looked at it again and saw it has a modular body already.

Vil3
10-19-2001, 05:41 PM
i would take any one of those any time

Snappy
10-19-2001, 06:01 PM
Z Grip on E Mag...hmm...EZ Mag? :p

Thordic
10-19-2001, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Xzion
I dont think it would be too hard to make an E-Z-grip, you'd just have to adjust the orientation of the sear and the solenoid, Im sure somethign would be able to be worked out... I can think of a method that might work right now... though, I may be completely out to luch :D

At one point Tom said he tried it and it didn't work. There was no way to make a Z-grip emag without totally redesigning it, which I would guess wouldn't be worth the R&D costs.

shartley
10-19-2001, 07:14 PM
Thordic:
You stated that X-Plosive did not get what you were doing with the TOG I EMAG thing.. but I would like to pose a question:

If the whole idea is to create a mirror image, and thus you reverse the letters of the words to I GOT GAME.. but you placed them on TWO lines making the following…

TOG I
EMAG

Then if you were to put them on ONE line (as you do in your signature), should it not follow the same basic rules? It should be in reverse. And if you are dropping the line in reverse, it would not go in front of the bottom line, but actually go in BACK of the bottom line… see? Everything is in reverse. So the placement should also be in reverse.

The flaw in your thinking was keeping the letters reversed in order, but then not keeping their actual placement in the single line ALSO in reverse. You have to think of the mirror. All actions should be in reverse, to include how you lower them to a single line. Otherwise your own play on the reverse thing falls apart.

I hope this made sense…. Try actually doing it in a mirror, you will see exactly what I am saying. Take a paper and write your two lined saying…

TOG I
EMAG

Now hold it up to a mirror. Say what you read out loud. You will say “I got game.”

Now write what you actually read on the same piece of paper, but do it on ONE line, not two. Hold it up to the mirror. Now read what you see….

it will be “EMAG TOG I” not “TOG I EMAG”

;)

(added note: As you can see.. the “relative position” of the TOG and I are the same both ways. The only thing different is their relative position to the word EMAG. One is correct, and one is not. That is unless you really don’t care about the Mirror effect.. and if that is the case, why even do the two lined one?)

Xzion
10-19-2001, 11:33 PM
Thordic; hrm, if thats the case.... please excuse me... Ive got to go cry *sobs* heh... I want an E-Z-Grip SOOOOOOO BAD!!:(

AGD
10-20-2001, 01:12 AM
You guys are all begging me for Z-Grips but when I come up with half a dozen new ones at Diablo Direct you take weeks to sell them out! That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about making another batch.

The problem with the E-ZGrip is that the solenoid is not pulling in the right direction to actuate the sear.

AGD

the123
10-20-2001, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by AGD
You guys are all begging me for Z-Grips but when I come up with half a dozen new ones at Diablo Direct you take weeks to sell them out! That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about making another batch.

The problem with the E-ZGrip is that the solenoid is not pulling in the right direction to actuate the sear.

AGD
Most of us that support the Z-Grip already have one.. (no need for more than 1)

And you say you have a problem? Well that is why we are all here for! AO R&D could help you brainstorm but I don't think you could sell enough e-zmags to make up for all the changes to the current setup.
Sure would be nice though.
Maybe in a few years.

X-Plosive
10-20-2001, 02:34 AM
Tom to be honest not many of us want to order from Diablo. We rather order from stores like paintballgear.net even though they are unreliabel. However in my oppinion the best online paintball store is http://www.bbtpaintball.com. I guarantee that if you made 100 more z-grips they would all be sold within 1 month. Everyone at my field wants one after seeing and firing mine.

Thordic
10-20-2001, 11:38 AM
I didn't feel like quoting all of Shartley's post...

No, the whole point isn't to mirror. I tried doing a mirror image (Making it the right way and then doing a horizontal flip) and it didn't look at good as

TOG I
EMAG

So then I made the aforementioned image.

That day, when I went on IRC, a bunch of people started saying TOG I EMAG to me because they thought it was funny.

So, from that, TOG I EMAG as a one line phrase was born.

Unless you read differently than the rest of us, you read left to right, top to bottom, which would lead to TOG I EMAG when its read and put onto one line.

Besides, I never claimed that I wanted to make sense.

shartley
10-20-2001, 01:20 PM
Understood.

DNATSREDNU I.... TOG IS YOU ;)

FiTiRPiLiT
10-20-2001, 02:12 PM
did you guys notice the intellifeed jack on the opposite side? very good photoshop work sans the volumizer.

DarkPhoenix
10-20-2001, 08:10 PM
Definitely like wth body work, get rid of that ridiculous volumized, though.

pumpamatic
10-20-2001, 09:09 PM
Hey if you could fit a circuit board in the Z-grip, couldn't you just make a different trigger rod that is hinged in two places, one in the normal spot, then another and that length of rod goes down to the solenoid. Do I make sense? I guess I've never really dissected any electro so I am probably way off.

azzkikr
10-20-2001, 10:04 PM
ok tom, so the problem is that the solenoid is not pulling the sear in the right direction. so how do we go about fixing that problem so that we can make an EZ mag? cause if it ever happens I put my name at the top of that list. later AZZKIKR

Xzion
10-20-2001, 11:25 PM
I was thinking, if you made a sear, with a portion extending out to the back of it, towards the on/off area, the solinoid would push back as it would be oriented in teh Z-Grip, and push the on/off pin in and releace the bolt, kind of the opposite design as in the e-mag. I hope that makes sence... perhaps I should do a diagram if needed.. it seems to me if you redsigned the sear, and use the general E-Mag electronics, it wouldnt be all that much more costly to produce an E-Z-Grip. Perhaps I'm wrong.

AGD
10-21-2001, 01:03 AM
Here is a fun idea!! Someone should put this up on PBN and say it's a stolen pic of AGD's new prototype. Take off the volumizer first. Let's see what they say about it!! LOL

AGD

Xzion
10-21-2001, 02:58 AM
Sounds like a fun, and humerous idea! I say we give it a shot! lol!

shartley
10-21-2001, 06:32 AM
And fix the reversed text first.

But even with that, there are many other signs it is not a real picture... but I doubt many would notice them at first glance... so just take care of the blatant ones. :)

Vegeta
10-21-2001, 04:12 PM
heres what it should look like....

pito189
10-21-2001, 04:17 PM
Take the volumizer off, it would look more realistic then.

Vegeta
10-21-2001, 07:21 PM
How bout this... A 32 Degrees Version of it :

Webmaster
10-21-2001, 10:22 PM
Hmm - he sent me something else- and some stuff in french - I dont know what it says...

It looks like that volumizer thing ISNT all fiction - evidently he has it on his mag. NO idea what it is or what it does...

but here is his personal gun

Webmaster
10-21-2001, 10:23 PM
And another version - this one is blue of a FANTASY - NOT REAL EZ-MAG

FiTiRPiLiT
10-22-2001, 07:45 AM
the orange one looks more convincing, but the volumizer definitely has to go as well as the .686 type on the barrel, does not look convincing.

MaGSkEr
10-22-2001, 03:53 PM
I for one think it's great! Too bad its not real....

Vegeta
10-22-2001, 07:19 PM
Well... my blue one looks liek crap cuase i had soem renderign problems i guess.

Panzerr
10-22-2001, 07:55 PM
That is quite possibly the coolest marker i've ever seen.

<drool>panzerr</drool>

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:18 PM
!!!!

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:23 PM
.;

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:25 PM
merci!!

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:27 PM
a tous

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:28 PM
pour

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:29 PM
touts

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:48 PM

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:50 PM

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 03:59 PM
:

brazy-u
11-01-2001, 04:17 PM
./

rythm68
11-01-2001, 04:31 PM
.....ok brazy. I see you like to do a lot of photoshop.

brazy-u
11-02-2001, 07:27 AM
yes it is true!!!