PDA

View Full Version : Title For Episode III Announced

xmetal2001
07-24-2004, 10:04 PM
http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Is it just me or do the titles always sound corny...

pball_chick
07-24-2004, 10:11 PM
fyi this was on drudge before ao so HA!

xmetal2001
07-24-2004, 10:12 PM
AO is still an unstoppable source of news and info, with some paintball thrown in too.

nt2004
07-24-2004, 10:17 PM
http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Is it just me or do the titles always sound corny...
My uncle is a big star wars fan. He told me the movies were supposed to be called phantom menace (reflects new hope), then Fall of the Jedi (mirrors Empire strikes back?) and finally the return of the sith(mirrors return of the Jedi. I dont remember where he heard this though

WingMan13
07-24-2004, 11:00 PM
I think they always sound corny at first. Then when you see the movie it makes more sense and you get used to it. I personally like the new title. It reminds me of what Ep.6's title almost was, Revenge Of The Jedi

AutomagRT1483
07-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Revengo of the Sith, sounds just fine to me! :D

_tMAN
07-24-2004, 11:13 PM
as long as it is better than the others, I'll be happy

DiRTyBuNNy
07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
i was at the presentation today at the San Diego ComicCon when the title was announced...and let me tell you...that place went nuts...

i_baked_cookies
07-24-2004, 11:55 PM
is it just me or is star wars corny

flame away nerds :mad:

PissedGodzilla
07-24-2004, 11:59 PM
is it just me or is star wars corny

flame away nerds :mad:
lololol

ahem

DIE NON-BELIEVER!!!

I was hoping for fall of the jedi, I thought it sounded better, but this is alright.

WingMan13
07-24-2004, 11:59 PM
:eek:

Jeremizzle
07-25-2004, 12:11 AM
In my opinion i think episode 1 and 2 were quite corny. To much serious acting. haha. The originals that were actually directed by George Lucas...those were the ones that changed movie history

i_baked_cookies
07-25-2004, 12:14 AM
even though they are cheesy movies which created a dork subculture rivaled only by star trek, it did make historical marks on the filmmaking history and it probably the most important film save for citizen kane or space odyssey 2001

dorks

WenULiVeUdiE
07-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Hahaha.....another star wars movie. Heh kinda funny cause all my friends were like " The knights of the old republic is gonna be insane" Turns out they were wrong. Blah.

WingMan13
07-25-2004, 08:31 AM
In my opinion i think episode 1 and 2 were quite corny. To much serious acting. haha. The originals that were actually directed by George Lucas...those were the ones that changed movie history

So then just A New Hope? I think Empire owns them all.

adam_61550
07-25-2004, 08:53 AM
So then just A New Hope? I think Empire owns them all.

Empire was the best because Boba Fett is the greatest bounty hunter alive(thats right alive)!!

I like the new title btw. It's a lot better than AOTC.

Albinonewt
07-25-2004, 08:54 AM
It should have been

Star Wars Episode Three: We finally put this trilogy out of its misery

Fred
07-25-2004, 09:33 AM
As a former DIE HARD Star Wars psychotic uber-dork...

nothing Lucas does anymore suprises me, the dude has totally lost it.

Special edition wrecked a lot of episodes 4-6...

and 1 and 2 totally sucked.

i can only hope Lucas STOPS MAKING MOVIES after Ep 3 is done...

:cry: how the mighty have fallen...

---Fred

adam_61550
07-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Eh, I never really thought the Prequels were that bad. They're not as good as the originals sure but they all have their moments. Phantom Menace - Maul, the duel, podrace. Clones - Jango, Boba, fight in the rain, Clone Wars, YODA! And Episode 3 can't be bad, it's got Vader in it!

logamus
07-25-2004, 11:19 AM

---Fred
its not all his fault. when lucas' wife divorced him part of the settlement was that she would get half of all star wars related earnings for 10 years. once that 10 years passed is when the rerelases came out and work began on the prequils. if it had not been for that clause then work would have started much sooner, and cgi would not be nearly as advanced. something happend to ol george and he became obsessed with cgi, to the point that his movies are more about cgi than about story. if he was able to start his project even 5 years earlier he would not have been able to rely as much on cgi and would have been forced to make a better product overall.

i dont like the changes made to the special editions, but you know what i will be the first dork in line when the set gets released 9/21. i will also be one of the dorks waiting in a 3 hour line to see ep 3 at midnight too.

1ofkind
07-25-2004, 12:08 PM
All the new star wars are just a sterotype, it sucks total lolly pops.

LeatherPants
07-25-2004, 03:00 PM

---Fred

Lucas created a great story with Star Wars. The 4-6 were great but you're right he lost his touch. He should have let someone else direct 1-3. He was out of touch from directing and what needs to be done. Look how LOTR totaly destroyed the prequels. Lucas is no longer a great director.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-25-2004, 07:28 PM
btw, Keely Watson was working at the THQ booth at the ComicCon...and she was being a total witch...

LeatherPants
07-25-2004, 09:05 PM
btw, Keely Watson was working at the THQ booth at the ComicCon...and she was being a total witch...

Eh Keely isn't much to look at anyways. Her playing paintball is the only thing that makes her stand out. In the greater scheme of things she's not that pretty and doesn't have that nice of a body.

Even if she is trying to promote more a a "girl next door" look there are so many other girls out there that fit that catagory better.

painTech
07-25-2004, 09:38 PM
meh sounds dumb to me.
movie is gonna be up to par w/ the rest of them

ej_y4
07-26-2004, 12:17 AM
i was at the presentation today at the San Diego ComicCon when the title was announced...and let me tell you...that place went nuts...
so was I. I ended up getting one of the lightsabers, but the t-shirt line was nuts :rolleyes:

pbzmag
07-26-2004, 12:35 AM
I just checked the cast list and Chewbacca is in it!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2004, 01:24 AM
so was I. I ended up getting one of the lightsabers, but the t-shirt line was nuts :rolleyes:

I tried to get an XXL and they told me they sold out...so i told the person behind the counter, "how can you be out of XXL's...look around...you think half the people in here are less than 250lbs and can wear a large?"...the person just looked around and laughed...i walked away...

GT
07-26-2004, 11:48 AM
I tried to get an XXL and they told me they sold out...so i told the person behind the counter, "how can you be out of XXL's...look around...you think half the people in here are less than 250lbs and can wear a large?"...the person just looked around and laughed...i walked away...

DB,
where are my pics of the tools dressed up in the anime garb? You promised...... :rofl:

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2004, 03:26 PM
DB,
where are my pics of the tools dressed up in the anime garb? You promised...... :rofl:

they're coming soon...you wait...I have to get the camera back from my friend..