PDA

View Full Version : My Headbands Lame? Help Me Figure It Out

SlipknotX556
07-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Well today, while checking my thread on PBN regarding my Designer headbands, I noticed Timebomb has said, that they were a lame attempt and if I was going to do them, do them right. Now, I have had many happy customers with my headbands, but for some odd reason, I was hurt that he said they were a lame attempt. Now since Dism219r on PBN was the first to sell designer headbands, ever since I got into selling them, I have gotten alot of hate IM's from people, tell me I have a bad product(I am using more civilized wording then they did) Now I am here to ask AO, because AO has helped me solve alot of my problems regarding paintball and other problems I have had.

So I am going to ask, are my headband lame, if they are, what can I do to improve them, so I can better serve the consumer.

Now I know some people are not into the whole designer fabric thing, but if you could just help me out on this one, come up with some idea, that could help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone you can help.

Here are the pics of each of my headband...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73933&stc=1
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73619&stc=1
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/5000/2115668_rs.jpg
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73895&stc=1

tyrion2323
07-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, while I can't really say much for the print, they look well made. It's cool to see some AO prod here. Can you make them special?

Jacob

SlipknotX556
07-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Well, while I can't really say much for the print, they look well made. It's cool to see some AO prod here. Can you make them special?

Jacob

What do you mean by special?

TigerMan
07-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Just don't listen to those people who criticize your product, your by no means saying your a professional or acting liking your one. They just have too much time on their hands and they love to kiss the behinds of mods over there on Pbnation.

Now for tips on your products, when you look at paintball clothing these days, there most always bright colors. This is not meant as criticism, but as a suggestion in that your dump the first and last picture bands. They look very much like a pattern you'd see on a purse or skirt or something. My suggestion is add color, get some type of fabric people might not use or something that adds benefit to the wearer (like polyester is very heavy and not very breathable as its made more for durability, if looking for something light and breathable look at fabric blends such as super 120's). I'm sure if you go to a fabric store, you will see loads of bright color options, possibly even get some patches or something that could add a uniqueness for the individual who wants them.

And if they still want to diss you, just remember you have a product and they don't. Your out there trying.

-=Squid=-
I think they were just mad because you were "invading their turf," so to speak.

I attempted to defend your glory after time bomb posted.

Ignore them... looking at the picture, there is NOTHING wrong with them AT ALL. I bought mine from you and not the other guy because yours are 1), cheaper, 2), look as good as his, and 3) your not a jerk. Your one of the easiest people ive dealt with, and fun to talk to to boot.

Ignore the a... I mean, "jerk" wipe.

meshaq
maybe timebomb said that because you can see the terry cloth from the front

GotMag?
07-24-2004, 11:20 PM
do they really say that, or is this jsut a sneaky plug? i like them, but hate designer brands

tony3
07-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Don't worry about it. People are just mad you are taking buisness from that other mod who sells his for 30 a piece. Once people start selling things that undercut the original maker, people get mad. I sell knock off sandanas for only 10 bucks on pbn, and people knock on them all the time. I don't really care, they are selling like hot cakes.

Wc Keep
07-24-2004, 11:24 PM
theyre hot. my teammate crewbe bought a couple from you and they are hot. i think im going to force my whole team to buy them so we look pimp.

Deathshadow9k
07-24-2004, 11:25 PM
i can tell you honestly right now that i personally think those brands are a joke....but i'm not gonna hate on you cuz if you are makin money off of em who the hell cares. I give you kudos to all of those headbands but i have one question, "Is Plaid that hot of a seller?"

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
Honestly I don't wear headbands, but yours look good.

And I don't know a single person who hasn't been flamed by some immature dweeb on PBN

-=Squid=-
do they really say that, or is this jsut a sneaky plug? i like them, but hate designer brands
Not a plug. Check out the thread on PBN.

Just a bunch of jerks knocking his product because they dont want to be 1 upped and lose business.

SlipknotX556
07-24-2004, 11:27 PM
i can tell you honestly right now that i personally think those brands are a joke....but i'm not gonna hate on you cuz if you are makin money off of em who the hell cares. I give you kudos to all of those headbands but i have one question, "Is Plaid that hot of a seller?"

Burberry headbands sell, but the big burberry seller, is the burberry barrel covers I make, those are the hottest thing I have, along with the LV headbands and barrel covers.

Setzer
07-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I should be making designer stuff instead.

DAMN! And all this time I was doing AO and AGD stuff, how STUPID of me.

Time to go and knock you off SlipKnot!!!

Do you make AO/AGD Headbands and Sandanas? :)

SlipknotX556
07-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I should be making designer stuff instead.

DAMN! And all this time I was doing AO and AGD stuff, how STUPID of me.

Time to go and knock you off SlipKnot!!!

Go ahead Rogue :p

WenULiVeUdiE
07-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Those are awesome. I think if you had the first one with the red logo's or w/e instead of gray( sorry, im colorblind) But they're not lame. Dont listen to people on PBN. It's useless.

tyrion2323
07-24-2004, 11:42 PM
When I say special, I mean, do you have any other fabrics? perhaps a fabric with gray, orange and yellow in it? I'm thinking that an AO belt might be nice =)

Oh, and can you sew velcro onto them? I saw a band once that went around your nitro tank to hold the sqeegee. Struck me as a cool idea.

WickeDKlowN
07-24-2004, 11:46 PM
I think the whole designer pb gear thing itself is kinda stupid, but whatever floats your boat...

If people are buying them, who cares what some guys at PBN have to say about them? Just ignoe them. Judging by the pics, they appear to be pretty good quality.

SlipknotX556
07-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Just a joke bud. Damn, I forgot the smilie. Which one do I use to say Ia m joking? ;) :) :rolleyes: :tard: :cry:

I think your stuff is well made. No need to go knocking you off bro. I hope you do well, makes lots of money and put those PBN dudes to SHAME! :headbang:

Yeah, I knew it was a joke, but there is no smilie, I could use to show it. So I used the tongue one.

personman
07-24-2004, 11:58 PM
They look like great quality headbands, I just think the whole designer thing is retarded. I think you did good though.
My vote:
Actual headband/design: Not lame. Very good.
Fabric: I still dont understand who would want to wear one of these, but if it floats your boat..

FooTemps
07-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Dude, your headbands look great. I'm saying this and I don't even like your product! That means there isn't really a problem with it. I mean, you could probably add a little trimming here, some more elaborate stichting there, etc, but that doesn't really matter since it's supposed to be a designer print headband.

tony3
07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Slipknot, we can both agree, the kids over on pbn are making me rich, don't know about you though ;)

hAppy
07-25-2004, 12:15 AM
PBN is one of the worst places to take advice from. SOMEtimes you will find a intelligent post, but other than that, no.

Personally I think the whole designer's and pink fads are pretty (anyword that describes dislike). But if they sell, why stop making them?

Anyway, keep up the good work. Don't worry about what people have to say. It's a bunch of 13 year olds who run their mouths with no regards for other's feelings. And 13 year olds talk a lot of smack if you know what I mean.

Carbon
07-25-2004, 04:12 AM
COWBOY UP! bussiness is a tuff affair.

well here are some questions you should ask yourself about your product.

-What is so special about your product compared to other similar products?
-will this product fullfill a demand and how great is that demand?

the way i see it your selling point is the "designer look" of the headbands. Now, consider the market for that look.

If i were you i would look into product improvement of the headband itself. Maybe develop a new way to affix the headband, or make it a headband/du-rag combo. Because at this point your headband is just a headband. People look at it and go, "that is a headband made by SlipknotX556" and not "that is a Burbury/Fendi/Gucci" headband. Now maybe people cant distingush that on the field but, at this point, your showcasing your product to a plethora of critics. Expect people to diss on your products. What im saying is people recognize you are trying to capitalize on a image that is not yours, not anyone's image for all i know.

In anycase i give you props, because i give props to people who make honest money. But personally i think you would do well if you invested more time into improving the headband in generall and not the aesthetics of it.

shartley
07-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Like others have said, if they are selling who cares what others say? You will ALWAYS get people who say a product is stupid, will not sell, etc. no matter what you make or how big your business is. And the range of reasons for folks saying negative things is quite diverse.

So the real question is if the product is selling. If it is, and the customers are happy with it, then you have your REAL answer. Not every customer will buy every product. Such is the world of business.

1stdeadeye
07-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Sam, It is PBN. What did you expect? THey are a flame fest looking to happen.

Forget about them.

By the way, I prefer the Ban-du to the headbands because I like the extra level of protection from ticks.

I think they are well made and wear mine every time I play.

Good luck!

shartley
07-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Sam, It is PBN. What did you expect? THey are a flame fest looking to happen.

Forget about them.

By the way, I prefer the Ban-du to the headbands because I like the extra level of protection from ticks.

I think they are well made and wear mine every time I play.

Good luck!
Thanks! But you may have inadvertently mixed people up on this thread…. Unless Slipknot is also “Sam”. ;) I was not worried about what people on PBN thought about MY products, and to my knowledge they have never been an issue there.

I am glad you like the Ban-Du though, they are a VERY good seller and now that they can also be ordered with a matching Neck Guard it is even better. But enough of my stuff……

I was just offering support for Slipknot, not complaining about PBN personally. Heck I don’t even go there unless prompted to, let alone advertise ANY of my products there. That is not saying they would not be a good customer base, just that I have never bothered. ;)

But thanks for the support though.
:dance:

1stdeadeye
07-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Oops, misread it.

Hey Slipknot,
It's PBN, forget about it. They are looking for reasons to flame. I think they look just fine!

MrMag
07-25-2004, 07:09 PM
you use too much terry cloth. you shouldn't be able to see the terry cloth from the other size. make the cuts smaller.

Head knight of Ni
07-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Meh, the terry cloth gives it a good look IMO.

ZSigErik
07-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Meh, the terry cloth gives it a good look IMO.

I agree, it does give it a good look, kind of different.

Bulldog
07-25-2004, 08:33 PM
A little too metro for my tastes, but they look good. If they're selling, who cares. You're never gonna please everyone. Besides, it's PBN.

penguinpunk555
07-25-2004, 09:16 PM
I LIKE IT ALOT!

If I had money I would buy one.... because I don't you just give me a free gucci one.

Number13
07-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I have no clue what designer names those fabrics are. I just like that one with the F's for some reason...it visually appeals to me. I agree with some of the above posts though: brighter colors (except for that pimp F one). Perhaps adapt designer styles with different colors? And always feel free to throw something of your own into it. Maybe you could offer university headbands too? College ball is growing in popularity and many are getting teams. Just don't do camo please...ugh...

Thanks,
MC

SlipknotX556
07-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Honestly, I have no clue what designer names those fabrics are. I just like that one with the F's for some reason...it visually appeals to me. I agree with some of the above posts though: brighter colors (except for that pimp F one). Perhaps adapt designer styles with different colors? And always feel free to throw something of your own into it. Maybe you could offer university headbands too? College ball is growing in popularity and many are getting teams. Just don't do camo please...ugh...

Thanks,
MC

The "F" fabric is Fendi, I think its really sharp, out of all my headbands I have made and sold, I only have the fendi, thats the only one I own. With my next order of fabric, I do plan on getting colored fabric, like blue, red, so on.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

RetroEclipseMan
07-25-2004, 10:54 PM
I think your stuff looks great. Don't listen to those guys over on PBN. Like everyone else has said, if your stuff is selling who really cares. If people are actually buying them then they must be at least decent, and from the pictures they look a lot better than decent. Heck, if you made some Fendi or Burberry sandanas I think I'd have to pic one up.

PaintballSmurf13
07-25-2004, 10:54 PM
i think they seam pretty cool, just not really for me. I think you should have maybe some new cooler weirder designs. Like....well i dont know..because those just arent doin it for me
-Ryan

SlipknotX556
07-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I think your stuff looks great. Don't listen to those guys over on PBN. Like everyone else has said, if your stuff is selling who really cares. If people are actually buying them then they must be at least decent, and from the pictures they look a lot better than decent. Heck, if you made some Fendi or Burberry sandanas I think I'd have to pic one up.

Actually, I am in the process of making sandanas, I should have one done in 1-2 weeks, just waiting on the fabric.

Halliday
07-25-2004, 11:00 PM
They are not my style, but that's fine.

I bet the ppl hating on them at PBN are friends with someone selling similar products.

Don't sweat it :rofl:

-=Squid=-
07-25-2004, 11:03 PM
They are not my style, but that's fine.

I bet the ppl hating on them at PBN are friends with someone selling similar products.

Don't sweat it :rofl:
Bingo.

brtncstm160
07-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Id say you are doing something right, cause i went to visit a friend in az this last week and a kid on his paintball team has one of your luis vitton headbands and he said he was very happy with it. Im telling you dude sandanas would be awesome, jk. Keep up the good work.

JJ

warbeak2099
07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
First let me say my opinion is that Gucci, Louis Vitton and those other designers brands really have no place on my forehead during an airball game. I think they would be more apporpriate on someone's purse walking down 5th Ave in NYC, but that's just my opinion.
Now, while the patterns on your headbands aren't exactly "xtream sportish", they look like good quality products. I really like the frilled look with the rough edges. If you made a Japanese kamikaze/banzai heabband with the same worn edges, I'd definately buy one. I already have a real Japanese battle headband that I use in games, but I'd like one with the same construction as the ones you make better.
And anyways, kudos to you for getting out there and selling. You really think you should take some 13yo whose mommy buys him the newest Timmy ever year seriously? No! Instead stick your hand in his face and sell some freakin headbands!

SlipknotX556
07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Id say you are doing something right, cause i went to visit a friend in az this last week and a kid on his paintball team has one of your luis vitton headbands and he said he was very happy with it. Im telling you dude sandanas would be awesome, jk. Keep up the good work.

JJ

Actually, after looking into it, figuring some things out, sandanas will be coming out in 1-2 weeks, so be ready.

C_22
07-26-2004, 05:26 PM
I think they are pretty cool. I'd buy one ;)