PDA

View Full Version : bought an Automag!!! SCHOOL ME!!

superrican
07-24-2004, 11:25 PM
OK i was going to buy an 04 autococker , i spent most of my time studying the autococker Etc . Heres the story ::::::::::: OK so i go to the mall normal day and what not and decide to go to the pawn shops , lol , anyways i saw some spyders an took a look at them , then i saw a long barrel hiding in the back so i ask to see the gun and BOOOM its an automag :dance: , i look at the N02 or compressed air tank an the sticker is from a Local Paintball shop that im familiar with , IT WAS A DOPE :headbang: gun it had the Hyper frame kit , automag 68 body , barrel i didnt notice the brand it was long id say a 16 inch , and a HUGE dropforward and a 3,000 psi tank i took about 1 hour inspecting it , it didnt look like POop at all it looked well taken care of also i figured if its from that local paintball shop its probably modified inside too!!! :clap: NOW THE price WAS at $399 after some bargaining it come out to $300 exactly ............The guy DID not know a thing about Paintball , so i feel i jipped his butt out of a good gun , so i bought it ..............I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT AUTOMAG AT ALL :cry: , i need some basic knowledge , How to take apart and assemble, maintanance etc . also was the stuff it came with worth my $300?? all i know about Automags is they have compitition with Cocker , i know An autococker REAAL good ,and i know a Spyder reall good inside and out . BUT i dont know an automag and it seems like i switched to AUtomag SO i need some schooling by you automag guys :hail:

Deathshadow9k
07-24-2004, 11:36 PM
sounds like you got a good deal on it if it comes with the hyperframe and airtank
kudos!

toymyster
07-24-2004, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you got yourself a deal!!! Anyway welcome to the Mag world and go here: http://www.airgun.com/Images/automan.pdf
I am assuming it's a classic valve!! As far as upgrades go, there really isn't much in the aftermarket, just look at AGD for upgrades!! Good luck and have fun, hope this helps!!!

Automaget
07-24-2004, 11:47 PM
First off the automag is mostly just the regulator i can put a ULE Body, RT rail, Ygrip trigger and a 68valve and its still a 68 automag and some people get that mixed up, they think because it looks like a RT pro style build it must be a RT pro marker, wrong it all depends on the valve NOT the body.

Go here for a diagram for the retro valve http://www.airgun.com/downloads/retroexploded1.pdf

and the 68 is here http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf

that’s basically all you need to know if you see a oring that’s broke replace it make sure to memorize your setup in side and out with the valve so that you can do check ups wile out on the field if you notice something wrong, one thing i have noticed is that if you hear a hissing sound coming from your bolt just stretch out the spring more to make it push the bolt into place hard, correct me anybody if im wrong but I've done this and it worked, another thing don’t fiddle with things its good how it is don’t change things around like I did its a horrible mess and ends up costing more money, really all i can tell you is how I learned and that just from personal experience with just messing with your marker if its not working, and I don’t mean “fiddle with it” don’t change shims around and try and change orings like I did so call me an idiot its something I tried and it didn’t work.

if you dont remember one thing remember this wile your on the field **IF YOU GET A LEAK USE LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF OIL** it will almost fix anything on the automags from my experience.

superrican
07-25-2004, 08:19 AM
ok another question , Can i at any time if i want can i Buy an RT body and put it on my gun or no?

superrican
07-25-2004, 08:29 AM
ok i mean a ULE body

Cattivo
07-25-2004, 02:24 PM
ULE should fit no problem. You will need to get an Autococker Barrel, and take out the twist lock from the Automag frame (its the brass piece up front) Sometimes they just fall out sometimes they need to be forced out.

afultz075
07-25-2004, 02:31 PM
As far as maintinence goes, all you need to do is drop a few drops of oil in the ASA and shoot the gun about 20 times without the barrel on. You will also need to lube your on/off pin as often as possible so it can smoothly depress the sear. If you can learn an autococker then i'm sure you'll be able to learn a mag a lot quicker.

splatterbrain
07-26-2004, 05:00 AM
If you go to AGD's website www.airgun.com they have parts and tech resourses right there. tech stuff is all the way down on the left. great info in there especially if your new to mags.

Enemy
07-26-2004, 02:48 PM
ok nobody metioned this so i will..any up grade sold for any of the Automags will fit on yours this means rails, bodys, valves, trigger frames, hey thats like the whole gun right there!!! the only thing that will ever need to be changed is the on/off pin if you switch to an rt rail and since you are using a hyper frame that may not be the case..if you go with an x valve and want to keep teh hyper frame then get a ult on it and it will work also look into new boards and switches for the hyper frame as i find the stock parts not good enough for my tastes!!!

empiremag57
07-27-2004, 06:18 PM
check out the new karta mainbody on airgun.com its more than the ule its $350 dollars the rail is machined right with the body :headbang:

minimag03
07-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Besides the tech part of the automags, you also need to know that some people think that mags "suck". Do let them get to you, and laugh when confused people say "Are you going to shoot me with a tube?"

minimag03