PDA

View Full Version : Need some serious Digi Cam Help!

taylor492
07-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Ok ive posted about this a few times already but to no avail so its time it gets its own thread.

I bought a Canon A70 Digital Camera about a month ago. It came with a 32MB memory card, and the guy at BestBuy said it would be a good idea to buy a card reader, so i did. I bought a SanDisk model and it seemed pretty simple to setup.

Heres the problem. Everytime i put the card in so i can save the pictures on to my computer this is what comes up. I have no problem viewing them on the camera itself, or even printing them out on a little kiosk, but as soon as that little card hits the pc, i get scratchy images. I was thinking that the problem is related to the pc. So i called Dell technical support to see if they could help. Well, it seems that Dell has outsourced their tech support jobs to people in India. Now im trying to explain this to some Indian guy who calls himself Abraham :rolleyes: . He has no clue what im saying and i have no clue what hes saying so i thought id turn to AO. :cry:

Echo419
07-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Uhh.. have u even tried opening them in lke paint, or pshop. B/c im thinking it could be just images defaul .jpg opener thats messed up

taylor492
07-25-2004, 12:55 PM
No i havent tried that yet. And to be honest im not sure i even know how. :tard:

Echo419
07-25-2004, 01:06 PM
uhm.... Go to Start, Programs, Assecories, Paint. Then File Open. and choose the director/picture u want to open. let me know if it is still messed up in there

taylor492
07-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah, its still messed up in paint. :mad:

taylor492
07-29-2004, 10:42 AM
ahh HELP!!

Rumble
07-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Well, maybe update you video drivers, and any drivers that maybe related to the card reader. Not sure if it will help, but it wont hurt, so you got nothing to lose. Good luck.

Muzikman
07-31-2004, 04:20 PM
Take the card reader back. If you can look at them on the computer via the camera and not the card reader, it sounds to me like the card reader is screwed. Have you tried to copy the pictures from the CF card to your HD and then viewing them there?

taylor492
07-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Take the card reader back. If you can look at them on the computer via the camera and not the card reader, it sounds to me like the card reader is screwed.?

No im able to view them on the camera itself. Not on the computer via the camera.

Have you tried to copy the pictures from the CF card to your HD and then viewing them there

Im not sure what u mean.

Muzikman
07-31-2004, 07:21 PM
email me one of those photos to the address below. If you can, make it in the form of an attachment and do not change the image in any way.

jbeam@jbeamphotos.com

taylor492
08-01-2004, 07:01 PM
email me one of those photos to the address below. If you can, make it in the form of an attachment and do not change the image in any way.

jbeam@jbeamphotos.com

you got mail

Bluestrike_2
08-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Don't want to be a pain, but it might be a problem with windows itself. Email me it and I will check it out on my mac. stoecklein1@mac.com

Another option:

The canon came with a cable that hooks into the camera and on the other end there will be a USB port. Plug it in, install the camera drivers if needed, and try to upload that way. Don't forget the Canon software.

I haven't reallly paid much attention to the compaact digital camera world lately, so by any chance does it support TIFF or Canon's RAW format? Long stretch....

Try another card. 256mb Lexar Compact Flash I are under $100 now. Good luck!