PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 PLAYABLE Demo

Darken Sun
07-25-2004, 07:39 PM
>> From Sgt. Tard on halomods.com:

Well, this is a wierd one... Remember the theatrical trailer for Halo 2 (look back down a few posts)? Well, someone discovered that in the very end, the Xbox.com logo actually changes for a split second into another url - ilovebees.com. Now, let me tell you that what you are about to see will confuse the living hell out of you... If you go to http://ilovebees.com/ , A message pops up that something inside the system is degenerating it - a virus or other proggie. But, if you looked closely at the "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX", you would notice that those first letters can also spell something else - "Single Player Demo Release". Yep, we believe that on August 24, 2004, at 00:06, A Demo of Halo 2's Single Player Experience will be made available. There are also other allusions to other dates (on the 27th, "network throttling will erode", possibly AKA "beta-testing will finish", and on the 10th, "this medium will metastasize", possibly AKA "Copies will start being made"), and a whole barrage of other extremely odd clues ("Seek the truth, Behold the truth, Reveal the truth, That is the law and the whole of the law").

Now seeing as Halo 1 had a massive amount of bible references, we can only assume that that is the source for all of these wierd clues, so I whipped over to http://crosswalk.com/ to search thru the bible for clues, I think this might be a The Da Vinci Code-type clue system set up by Bungie. I had no luck, but you guys might...

If you havent seen the new Halo 2 trailer yet, go download it and watch it(link on xbox-scene.com). everything else...i think the article sums it up :dance:

Gunsmoke
07-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Thats awesome. Halo is the best video game. Halo 2 will be awesome when it comes out.

kameleon
07-25-2004, 09:11 PM
"SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX", you would notice that those first letters can also spell something else - "Single Player Demo Release".

With those words you cant spell "Single Player Demo Release"

_tMAN
07-25-2004, 09:32 PM
The first letters man, the first letters

i_baked_cookies
07-25-2004, 09:50 PM
get a kick out of this: the keywords in the source of ilovebees.com

honey, bees, Margaret, small busines, beekeeping,
hives, retail, market, Operator, bug, buggy, virus, infestation, WTF is
going on with this damn thing, parasite, strong intrusive inclination, medium,
messages, shipwreck, network throttling, SOS, hoax, game, bee hoax, bee game,
survivor, survive, evade, resist, escape, a little help would be appreciated,
thanks and tip your waitress, sleep, is, good, install, reinstall,
re-reinstall, re-re-reinstall, I, love, bees

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-26-2004, 12:36 AM
The thing with the buttons messing up is one purpose, it just randomly changes

http://ilovebees.com/buthoney.gif

Head knight of Ni
07-26-2004, 12:54 AM
I don't know. I don't think it has anything to do with Halo 2. But in 1 more day we'll see.

of course I wouldn't put it past bungie there are some wierd ones there.alot of Halo crap (http://halo.bungie.org)

whoa ilovebees.com showed up there?!

polorboy
07-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Well, that site is very strange. Either Microsoft is going to a lot of trouble just to make a web site or someone is really screwed up out there. Did you guys look at all of the pages. The fun stuff links page is really screwed up. I found this on there:

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
black beach, nothing but sand and darkness. Sometimes, in the distance, dry lightning: in the flash I see pieces of the wreck around me, the spars and rigging of my brain

-hold on. hold on. Steady up. Get a grip, girl. You have to fight through this.

Take a deep breath.

Survival Key #3: How Badly Are You Hurt?

I Also found this:

I keep slipping in and out of consciousness.

Physically, subject is paralyzed but moving.

Okay.

What the hell does THAT mean?

Held down: yes. As if strapped to a table. Could I be in traction in some sick bay, some hospital ward?

Not necessarily one of ours.

But at the same time, parts of me being moved around, emptied out. As if under general anaesthetic, dimly conscious, half-aware as the surgeon cuts off my feet and sews them onto my shoulders. She opens my head with a medical hammer and sand spills out.

I WANT TO DIE I WANT TO-

-no.

never that.

survive evade reveal escape. That is all you know, or need to know.

And this:

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
Getting muddled here. Sick, obviously.

Broken inside. Not thinking straight.

Got to go back to first principles.

Survive evade reveal escape.

Survive-well, I'm not dead yet.
Evade-don't want to evade. I want to be FOUND.

...unless...

...of course, if I am behind enemy lines, then constantly shouting for help wouldn't be the smartest play in the world, would it?

got to run silent. got to run deep.

hide and go seek

Still this is on another page:

Seek the truth

Behold the truth

Reveal the truth

That is the law and the whole of the law

Edit:
It is a set up by microsoft. I followed on of the links listed on the blog site and it brought my to a forum talking about the link between Halo and Ilovebees.com.

polorboy
07-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Ok, this should put an end to all questions about the link between Ilovebees.com and Halo 2:
Ilovebees too :) (http://www.cafeshops.com/ilovebees.12518390?zoom=yes#zoom)

JimmyBeam
07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
i followed the link on the front page and found this

"The day will break and the sun will rise when the Queen returns to rule, and further let it be known that retribution on any who hinder the return of the Queen will be swift and terrible.

kameleon
07-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok, this should put an end to all questions about the link between Ilovebees.com and Halo 2:
Ilovebees too :) (http://www.cafeshops.com/ilovebees.12518390?zoom=yes#zoom)

Lol, they changed it, the back doesnt say anythin halo2 related anymore.

JimmyBeam
07-26-2004, 07:56 PM
taken from a forum after follwing the links

What is the connection to Halo2?

The most obvious indication that this has something to do with Marathon/Halo is the end of the trailer. Some people have also found indications that Bungie could have something to do with it (the number of 7's) but that could be purely co-incidental.
Beyond that, nearly nothing is known for sure about how the game ties into Halo 2. There has been a lot of speculation that the countdown timer is counting down to either the early release of Halo 2 or the release of a multi/single player demo. It's possible but there is no proof for this at all, just speculation. In fact it's entirely possible that the game is completely unrelated to Halo 2.
Most of the connections people have found have been plot oriented - an AI, space navigation, rampancy etc.
It is possible that the plot of this ARG will directly tie into the plot of Halo 2. But it's also possible that it relates to Marathon, or the general back-story behind Marathon and Halo. Remember, ARGs can last months and this one has only been running for a week or so. But these are currently only possibilities.
So don't count on getting advance information about the plot of Halo 2 through this game. It's possible but currently, All Signs Point to No. If it follows the path of previous ARGs, this game will have a story which is connected but not directly related to the Halo/Marathon storyline.

We can't be sure of anything this early in the game. This might not even be a proper ARG - it might be a pseudo-ad that runs for two weeks and then ends. There might not be any puzzles. Half the fun of ARGs is not having a clue at what you're looking at or where it's going to take you. If uncertainty sounds like fun, you might like this.

1ofkind
07-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm not into games at all anymore, but I have to say halo is the best game I ever played. When I had a xbox the previews of halo2 were sick. Eh, I sold my xbox for paintball stuff though... sad i know.

kameleon
07-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Whats an ARG?

ramenjames
07-26-2004, 10:15 PM
DONT GO TO THE SITE!!!

it gave me a virus and attacked me

i went to the site and thenb checked norton net security.....now im scanning for viruses and trying to trake down the asshoel taht attacked me...im thinking it was that site...becasue the attack happened right after i checked the site

tribalman
07-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Whats an ARG?

when i was looking around, i saw that also, i eventually found out it stands for alternate reality game. and if you see someone talking about a PM in a forum, not it's not private message, it refers to the Puppet masters, or game masters, or the people running the game. as has been stated quite a lot, good chance this is halo/marathon related. we will see on august 24th.

seeing as how the first timer is up, i decided to go back to ilovebees, there is new odd stuff posted on the honey page. i'm sure you all have heard that this might be a backstory to the game, or infact the plot line.

_tMAN
07-27-2004, 12:20 PM
ramenjames,
I'm fine. No mofo has tried to attack me, anyone else?

ramenjames
07-27-2004, 12:47 PM
it could be a coincidink....but i dont know man ...i was attacked around the time i visited the site

SCpoloRicker
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
halo.bungie.org

Check out the forums on the backstories of the earlier Marathon games. When Halo was first announed, it was supposed to be the be-all end-all Marathon game. Pushed into Xbox and its dev cycle (launch game), I actually found Halo the LEAST interesting in terms of plot and "world immersion."

But yeah, the goons at Bungie are notorious for twinking its fans with little tidbits. Check out the "Cortana Letters" as well as some of the emails sent to Hamish, from a rogue AI within the Bungie mainframe.

"Halo 2 is like Halo, but going 1000 miles an hour. Being chased by monkey ninjas. On fire. Wrapped in bacon."

Do you have your pre-order in :ninja:

tribalman
07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
as i was looking at this stuff people kept mentioning marathon or something else like that. i've never heard of them, what are they?

SCpoloRicker
07-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Marathon, as well as Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity are all FPS developed by Bunie for the Macintosh in the mid-late 90's. They were renowned for their immersive world, told through your interactions with Durandal, an AI (possibly rampant) and your guide, as well as billion year old extinct races (Forerunner, S'phitt, the twelve clans, etc.)

Bungie also used a lot of numerology, religous (biblical isn't exact), and other references.

Marthon 2: Durandal is, IMO, a far superior experience in terms of when it was made, than Halo, System Shock 1/2, Goldeneye, blah, blah, blah.

7h3r3 3v3ry111h3r3!!!!! *Bobs*

They were ported to PC as well, amazing titles, and highly recommended.

Halo was crap in terms of Bungie-esque plot and world development.

Ricker

Lesta
07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Wow.. Marathon.. that brings back memories!

awesomePballer11
07-28-2004, 01:00 PM
i found this on the shirt for i love bees thing,
It has started, the killers are among us. August 24th, there is only one who can save us now. "
kind of wierd dont ya think

_tMAN
07-28-2004, 01:56 PM
rofl :D

http://www.xbox.ilovebees.com/

Actually, it seems to be the sequal to an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) that was called "The Beast". The game was in the vein of Majestic where it was played as if real and was developed by, get this, some guys at Microsoft. Here is some info: http://www.seanstewart.org/beast/intro/

Apparently it has been rumored that a sequal was in the works going by the name "The Hive" and it seems the now surfaced www.ilovebees.com oddity may in fact be the start of the new game. This would explain why it was in the Halo 2 trailer. Since Microsoft had a hand in producing the trailer they may have thought this was the perfect place to let the public know about the new game.

so basically they wanted more attention to "the hive"

sorry guys ;)

warthog2t0
07-29-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't see how people didn't think of this biblical code before...
Halo 1 obviously had the refferences in the game, but didn't any one think of looking at the algerythms of the origaal game?
If you look closely enough at any of the coding, Most of teh coding is using biblical text, and refferences for loading, and character movement...
Infact if you read the code, I believe you should find that most of Halo's programing is done in old texts, if not biblical, prophosies that are well known...

It only makes sence that they would do this for the second one...
Why didn't someone try to read the old code, or at least try and get an answer from a beta-tester of the sequal? Most likely it would clue some of us into some major events of the game...

then again, I could always go for a good suprise with this game... couldn't you? :wow:

awesomePballer11
07-29-2004, 11:05 AM
ya i could probably wait, but atleast this gives me something to do.

Head knight of Ni
08-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Sorry to bring this back but here is undeniable proof it's tied in to Halo in some way.

proof (http://www.ilovebees.com/comatas.html)

scroll to just below "All right old joke:" read the paragraph.

_tMAN
08-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Head knight of Ni,
Did you read my post? and how is that proof of Halo 2?

Head knight of Ni
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Marine, covies = Covenant, MC(Master Chief) is a spartan hence the part about a spartan.

Of course they could be screwing with people, but I only found that page once for some reason. If you can find the womans phone number on the site call it there's this creepy message. :cool:

WickeDKlowN
08-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Whenever you get a 404(page not found) it shows random corrupted pics of some girl.

skife
08-13-2004, 01:00 PM
The Covenant transmission?

http://www.xbox.ilovebees.com/honey.html

It was adrift in space: a squat cylinder of dull gray metal

http://www.xbox.ilovebees.com/about.html

i_baked_cookies
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
theres too much hype for one videogame. and, although the genres are sort of different, no game ever will surpass ninja gaiden (for xbox, not the earlier ones). ever. never ever ever never.