PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe, Not What I Expected

davej946
10-19-2001, 02:31 PM
I received my iFrame from AGD today, and have yet to get it installed. I am having a few problems, which I will describe below.

#1 - No packaging. Tom, do those of us who oreder online not get one of packages designed by our fellow member Riotz?

#2 - Bottom line screw holes too shallow. I cannot hook up my Drop Forward because my screws are too long :(

#3 - No hole in the trigger guard for an allen wrench. Very difficult to install with my multi-wrench tool.

#4 - Purple anno job? In the proper light, the anno looks purple. Actually, in any light the anno looks purple.

Other than these 4 sticking points, I like the iFrame a lot. Feels good, and looks good (except for the purple). I can't wait to get it installed and put some paint through it, see how she feels!

I guess the points listed above are minor, or I could just be spoiled by AGD quality. I am having RedRider powder coat my gun, iFrame too, and I own a power drill, so there's two problems fixed. The package is minor, I was just looking forward to seeing that design 1st hand. I am now heading up to the HW store to buy the correct screws.

I'm not upset about this whole thing, just a little bothered. I guess I was SO pumped about getting it that I'm a little more disappointed than I should be. Oh well, nice job as usual Tom, and AGD.

Muzikman
10-19-2001, 02:47 PM
#1 - I assume the packaging is not finished yet. The one complaint I was going to make about the way the frames where packaged when I got them was the fact that they stuck a sticker on the outside of the plastic box. This basically throws away a sticker. They should have just stuck the sticker inside on top facing out. This would have let those people who wanted them to use the sticker instead of throwing it away with the clear plastic package the frame came in.

#2 - The screw holes are a minor thing. I had the same problem with most of my Benchmark frames. You can either goto the hardware store and buy shorter screws that fit, or put that dremel to use and cut the screws off shorter.

#3 - I noticed that to be a problem in the fact that when I am at home doing my work I used hex drivers not hex keys. Once I am all moved I will fix that problem with my nice 10" drill press. I would suggest not even trying to drill a hole in the trigger guard unless you do have a press. You will make a nice mess with a normal hand drill.

#4 - I have two frames (one blade and one regular) and neither of them look purple. But seeing as a lot of times black does look purple under a florescent light it might look purple.

All in all, I have been happy with mine. I still need to scrap the DYE grips and get me some Hogues.

Gunga
10-19-2001, 05:06 PM
I had the same problem with the screws for my bottomline. I started a thread on it when I received my Intelliframe about 3 weeks ago. AGD could've made the threading deeper, but that would add an additional way for water to get in the frame. I guess they felt that it would be better to have the screwholes shallower for that reason. Additionally, and probably more of a factor is the fact that there is no industry standard length for bottomline screws.

I remedied the bottomline screw issue by going to Home Depot and spending a whopping $ 0.04 on two washers to act as spacers. Works just fine! :)

Or...maybe AGD has some shorter screws they could send you.

davej946
10-19-2001, 05:18 PM
OK Guys,
I just went to Home Depot and spent $.10 on screws. I reconnected everything, and put a hopper of Super Swirl through the gun (man, I love that cheap stuff - VERY good paint for the $$).

Anyway, all the crap I said before, forget it! The gun is amazing! The ROF is easily higher with a 2x Trigger, coming from the stock. And it's made and supported by AGD! I'm trying to get Dad to bring the Drill Press home so I can take care of the wrench hole, and like I said before, RedRider is going to Powder Coat it for me, so the color isn't really a factor. Great Job AGD! Now I'm off to RadioShack for the iFeed setup!

BTW - Can you guys post pics of your iFeed setups? I'm trying to figure out how to run the wires, etc.

Thanks!

Muzikman
10-20-2001, 01:10 AM
I think this is what you are looking for...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13338

Gunga
10-20-2001, 06:13 PM
DaveJ946,

Here's a link to my variation on the intellifeed setup (with pics). http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13542

I just got back from using my Intelliframe/intellifeed setup today for the first time. Works GREAT! :)

Dubstar112
10-20-2001, 06:43 PM
hmm, i will post pics of my warp feed/intelifeed set up if you need me to

davej946
10-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. I know there is a thread dedicated to the connections, I was really concerned with how the wires were run between the gun and the hopper.

Again, thanks a bunch!