PDA

View Full Version : Are E-Mags Legal?!?!?!?

Slimm Jimm
07-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Basicaly, a new NPPL Feeder circuit was started this season in the North-West area. Which is great, BTW. However, playing this second event of the ciruit with my E-mag, (one of many there) I went onto the field with my marker and set it down too put the armband on a fellow player. The reff came over and asked to look at my marker. I, believing that he would just check to see if I had the whole magnetic bounce problem, said go ahead and pointed it out to him. He picked it up, it was in Hybrid mode, pulled the trigger, and squeezed just enough to trip the HES and then the held the trigger on the trigger rod, the part the runs the marker in manual mode, and got bounce or something some how. Next thing I knew, he was on our 30 saying my gun was disqualified for being full-auto. My captain got it back before the game even started and I do belive we took that game. But I don't want to have to worry about it at the next one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RRfireblade
07-25-2004, 10:25 PM
They've never been 'officially' made illegal to the best of my knowledge but IMO, in stock form they definately should be.Your situation is just one example of why.

NJPaint
07-25-2004, 10:48 PM
If you don't mind, there is a simple way to bypass this problem, or I should say two ways to bypass this problem.

#1 take out your trigger rod.
#2 set your mag into e-mode and take off the mode selector switch

Both of these will eliminate the RT effect of the marker.

SpecialBlend2786
07-26-2004, 01:01 AM
yeah, taking out the trigger rod would make it impossible to get the RT effect.

Enemy
07-26-2004, 02:13 AM
im with everyone else the trigger rod is the easiest way to do that!!

WickeDKlowN
07-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Just put it in emode or take the trigger rod out like the last couple people said.

durtysoufcraka
07-26-2004, 06:51 AM
i read this one thread that said that there were problems chronying if the marker was stuck in E-mode. is this true? are there any problems other than if your batteries die your SOL for that game?
-durty

RRfireblade
07-26-2004, 07:44 AM
That's the catch.

Proper chrono procedure requires the trigger rod.

If you remove it,be sure you do some chrono testing so you can get a feel for where it should be chrono'd and not got hot on the field.

Best bet would be to either unscrew the selector switch,chrono and then pull it and stick it in your pocket. Then hope it doesn't get lost. ;)

You can also tune your set up so it won't bounce in Hybrid.Set the HES so it activates as early as possible in the pull,then set your rear trigger stop. Then if you still have to,you can shorten the trigger rod,leaving it just long enough the fire in manual mode.That shoyld clear up any potential for bounce.

elpimpo
07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Basicaly, a new NPPL Feeder circuit was started this season in the North-West area. Which is great, BTW. However, playing this second event of the ciruit with my E-mag, (one of many there) I went onto the field with my marker and set it down too put the armband on a fellow player. The reff came over and asked to look at my marker. I, believing that he would just check to see if I had the whole magnetic bounce problem, said go ahead and pointed it out to him. He picked it up, it was in Hybrid mode, pulled the trigger, and squeezed just enough to trip the HES and then the held the trigger on the trigger rod, the part the runs the marker in manual mode, and got bounce or something some how. Next thing I knew, he was on our 30 saying my gun was disqualified for being full-auto. My captain got it back before the game even started and I do belive we took that game. But I don't want to have to worry about it at the next one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wow, i was wondering how long it would take oyu to put this up here. and actually it was the third event but whos counting. i was the ref that tried to pull the gun. nothing against the emag or anything, but i just didnt think it was right to be able to shoot that fast with out trying, but i wasnt to concerened cause he was on my side of the field the whole time and he never abused it. but i still think that hybrid should be illegal and people should take out their rod

Enemy
07-27-2004, 02:58 AM
would love to remove the rod el pimpo but to get the highest shot off an rt valve you have to hold the trigger down then release and quickly fire again!!! that is the hot shot and thats what the marker will shoot under rapid fire conditions!!!

AGDlover
07-27-2004, 03:29 AM
and this is were AGD comes in and says "we just came up with a new invention to leave you e/xmag in e mode and you can crono without a problem" right?

Gadget
07-27-2004, 06:27 AM
The 'hot shot' chrono procedure is really a non-issue if you're sensible about setting your velocity.

Hot shots are not a big increase over 'normal' shots. The velocity will go up a couple of fps over a normal shot when following the 'correct' RT chrono procedure.

Remove your trigger rod, chrono at 290 and head onto the field happy that you're legal for bounce and not a safety hazard.

tmnothing
07-27-2004, 07:35 AM
At IAO last week I one of the chrono refs gave me trouble all day with my x-mag. I shoot in e-mode but I give him the gun to chrono and he puts it in hybrid to check for bounce. After that he makes me remove the lever and everything's ok right? No, later in the day the same guy tells me that he can't chrono it now in e-mode, he has to be able to put it in hybrid to chrono it. Both times sent me hauling *** from the field to my car to get something. He was the ONLY guy all day that gave me trouble.

AGDlover
07-27-2004, 01:51 PM
ok ppl lets face it some refs are strate up *****es

the123
07-27-2004, 09:57 PM
easy fix. not preferred, but an easy one.
1. remove RT valve
2. insert classic valve (but keeping the stock emag on-off)
3. remove trigger rod
4. run input around 900psi and still get 14bps ropes of paint :)
now if someone will only update the software so we can't change the shot buffering on the field, we'd be totally in the clear.

Jotsy
02-27-2005, 05:17 PM
i know this is an old thread, but.... how DO you remove the trigger rod in an xmag? i can't seem to get the trigger sear assembly out, and if i try to do it by just removing the trigger and, i can't get a good grip on the trigger rod to rotate it, without damaging it...

tony3
02-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Lighter or torch+good vice grips will get it off.

Creative Mayhem
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
jotsy, there is a allen screw set inside the right side of the rail, remove that and you have access to the sear, then you will need to remove the C-clpi that holds the plunger to the sear, then you can take it out to work on.

SCpoloRicker
02-27-2005, 05:34 PM
ok ppl lets face it some refs are strate up *****es

No, there are issues with both the "RT effect" and proper chrono procedure. There are also problems with bounce in Hybrid mode.

Soon as Fireblade gets his PSP/X-ball code written, though.... :ninja:

Halliday
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Removing the trigger rod is not an option. You need it to chrony properly. The simplest way is setting it on E and removing the switch lever.

magman007
02-27-2005, 08:21 PM
problem with removing the switch lever is this... the whole selector barrel can easily, very easily slide out of the other side, resulting in a lost selector barrel, a lost bearing, and a lost spring, and then you are back to hybrid as it is... just, when you give the ref your gun, set the bps to 8, he wont be able to hybrid bounce it, then as your walking back onto the field, set your rof up again, if the ref asks what yuor doing, say game timer

RRfireblade
02-27-2005, 08:42 PM
i know this is an old thread, but.... how DO you remove the trigger rod in an xmag? i can't seem to get the trigger sear assembly out, and if i try to do it by just removing the trigger and, i can't get a good grip on the trigger rod to rotate it, without damaging it...

Remove the whole sear by taking off the body,pulling the e-clip off of the soleniod plunger.Rotate the sear towards the front of the marker and it should come out.Then just take the whole clevis and trigger rod off the sear.

Chrono procedure is not an issue as long as you don't chrono right at the max.Find out how much your FPS climbs during rapid fire and just set your static FPS that much under the FPS cap of your field.

I haven't had a trigger rod in a E/Xmag...ever. :)

Jotsy
02-28-2005, 12:54 AM
thnx guys. I didn't realize the c-clip was so easy to take out, hahahah, i'm such a dumbass... and here i was thinkin i had to take the whole plunger assembly out the side...