PDA

View Full Version : interfacing warp feed with electic trigger

Cypher333
07-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Hello, I recently bought a warp feed from a friend and was wondering if I would be able to interface it with my electric PMI piranha. It has a switch on it used for the trigger on the solenoid that I can tap into as well as the exposed wires on the solenoid itself that I can use. I’m just wondering if it would be possible since the angel uses this type of method to interface with the warp feed. I am not sure what the 2 wires on the angel are connected to, but if they connect the same way or have the same path I might be able to do the same to the Piranha. any info would be great thank you for your time

ramenjames
07-26-2004, 09:10 PM
im not sure how ...but i bet you could do it

just de solder all of teh wires and hook stuff together untill it works

(dont blame me if your gun wont shoot afterward......this is just what i would do...becuase im stupid)

Fanatic
07-26-2004, 09:21 PM
there are jumpers on the warp board that you can hook up an intellefeed to
it has both + and - inputs for use to triggering the warp
all it is to do is solder the intellefeed wires to each +/- and plug the male plug under the warp

http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml
click on the link on the itellefeed to warp or angel to warp
should give you a clearer picture of what to do

Cypher333
07-26-2004, 10:24 PM
thanks fanatic but the problem is i dont have a angel, i have a PMI pirahna with an eforce (electric) trigger. so the wires they use would not match mine. i need info on what type of signal is sent to the warp through those wires and if i can just tap into my + and - wires on my solenoid or any other part of the board.

paint magnet
07-27-2004, 12:59 PM
While I'm sure it could be done, what is the point? I mean, the warp spins every time you fire anyway...if you're having problems with it not spinning then just turn the sensitivity up.

Cypher333
07-27-2004, 03:22 PM
thats true paint magnet but i've read problems on other forums from people who have problems with the sensitivity making it spin when there wasnt a fire from the gun (bumping the gun, jolts, etc) i just wanted a definite way for a solid command and no false commands.

paint magnet
07-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Good point, I noticed that a few times when I used my warp. I turned the sensitivity down to just where it would still reliably spin every time I shot though, and it didn't go off too much when it wasn't supposed to. (But if it does, the discs just slip around the paint and nothing happens except the annoying spinning noise. I guess if you had a really weak ball detent then it might push some paint past it, but I had no problems using an Automag with plastic nubbins) If you're dead set on intellifeeding it, I won't stop you, but I would play with it a game or two unmodified first and see how you like it.

Cypher333
07-27-2004, 11:18 PM
cool thanks paint magnet thats some very helpfull info :headbang: I wish i had the big bucks for an automag....but im stuck with my pirahna but i do like the gun very much and am impressed with what it does. Thats why im trying to do the fullest to make it perform the best. You said you have platic nubins....i although had those crappy rubber ones that spyders and pirahnas use. They arent as strong as the plastic ones i believe. Im gonna try and rig it up though and get back with info on it for future people who want to do the same to their non intelli guns.

Archangel-6
07-29-2004, 09:10 PM
I'd call PMI on it, I had an E99 that I wanted to do it with, and their most experienced tech couldn't figure it out. It seemed pretty straight forward, but the wrong voltage will fry the board on both the warp, and Etrigger.

Rob

11_Mile_TMaster
07-29-2004, 11:07 PM
I'd call PMI on it, I had an E99 that I wanted to do it with, and their most experienced tech couldn't figure it out. It seemed pretty straight forward, but the wrong voltage will fry the board on both the warp, and Etrigger.

Rob

Speaking as someone who's taken a couple of Courses...

Big step is to find out how much voltage, exactly, the intellifeed can take on a 'positive' indicator...

Then take a multimeter and check how much voltage runs through the switch when it is depressed.

If you're safe... You could theoretically wire it up that way.

An alternative would be to wire up a second switch somewhere inside the trigger frame in order to trip the intellifeed. A good place to start might be a lever/roller switch up top... Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can set roller switches to act when NOT pressed instead of pressed... I can't explain it much better without a drawing... If you're interested in this method, IM me at BBDrew2001

paint magnet
07-29-2004, 11:30 PM
cool thanks paint magnet thats some very helpfull info :headbang: I wish i had the big bucks for an automag....but im stuck with my pirahna but i do like the gun very much and am impressed with what it does. Thats why im trying to do the fullest to make it perform the best. You said you have platic nubins....i although had those crappy rubber ones that spyders and pirahnas use. They arent as strong as the plastic ones i believe. Im gonna try and rig it up though and get back with info on it for future people who want to do the same to their non intelli guns.

No problem, glad I could help :) You can get used mags pretty cheap now, I've seen quite a few around $140. There's nothing wrong with using a Piranha though, they're nice guns and made by one of the oldest names in the business. Besides, it's not the gun that matters ;)

What the nubbin (By the way, I wonder who came up with that word :p Seems like they would have just called it a "ball stop" or a "ball detent" like all the other manufacturers did on their guns) is made out of shouldn't make much of a difference - I think the plastic ones are actually weaker (as opposed to the old wire ones), but I still didn't have any issues using them.

A few weeks ago, someone at the field where I was playing was using a Halo B on his Piranha, so if the Halo doesn't push paint past the Piranha detents then the Warpfeed definately won't.