PDA

View Full Version : Fiber reinforced AGD inteliframes...

Butterfingers
07-26-2004, 01:36 AM
I am impressed with the incredible strength and impact resistance of original fiber reinforced resin frames. The only problem is that they are not too conducive to rapid firing.

Since AGD is breaking into the rec market where they are competing with tippmann and other lower priced guns they could be more competitive by cutting costs.

AGD could sell the new fiber reinforced injection moldings as Inteliframe Lites and could come standard equipment on all guns replacing the dated single trigger frame.

The fiber reinforced injection moldings would feature the exact same geometry and features as the original inteliframe except it is made of plastic. The trigger and saftey assemblies could be used interchangably between the metal inteli and the new inteli lites.

AGD would still offer the original inteliframes for those that dont mind spending a bit more for machined aluminum.

If AGD started making these could it bring AGD pricing a step closer to the enormous rec market?

What do you guys think.

AGD
07-26-2004, 03:30 AM
We spent a fortune on the original frame in FEA analysis, testing and molds. We looked into changing the mold into a double trigger but it was just too expensive. We offer the fiber frame on the RTpro and about 25% of the players order them to get the cost of the gun down. We figure they upgrade later so in effect we have used the frame to lower the price.

AGD

xXHavokXx
07-26-2004, 03:48 AM
We spent a fortune on the original frame in FEA analysis, testing and molds. We looked into changing the mold into a double trigger but it was just too expensive. We offer the fiber frame on the RTpro and about 25% of the players order them to get the cost of the gun down. We figure they upgrade later so in effect we have used the frame to lower the price.

AGD

MMMMMmmmm FEA ...love it..... aside from knuckle busting what computer programs do you guys use for the sim's?

Patran/Nastran?

GT
07-26-2004, 11:13 AM
so the expense is in the addtion of a new trigger gaurd for the mold?

BlackVCG
07-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Pretty sure AGD is using Pro/E for all the drafting design processes...

OysterBoy
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM

AGD

:cry:

I think it'd be just awesome if AGD or any other aftermarket company made a cheap but good (Read: NOT LIKE THE BENCHY) Double Trigger frame you could have pure gold. But no, I have to machine my own double trigger..

lol. :cheers:

mcveighr
07-26-2004, 11:07 PM
What about intelli Y and Z?