PDA

View Full Version : Marker Cloning!

Snertz
07-28-2004, 12:45 AM
To start off, as some of you may remember, a few years back I had a custom mag with a one-off rail that I had carved myself, along with a bit of other custom work including a custom intellifeed stock grip (Tutorial to make one can still be found here (http://Ray-Man.iwarp.com/intelli.html) , written by me), trigger tuning, and what not. This mag has been long gone, after I traded it for a BM cocker. I miss that mag dearly, as it was my first marker. But alas that is no more.

Long story short, it lives again!

As per my cousins request, and due to a heck of a deal on a broken mag from my local shop, I set out to build a replica of the original.

Here are the fruits of my labor, all 3 days of it! :ninja: :D

First, a pic to show what the original was:

Snertz
07-28-2004, 12:46 AM
And another view of that rail

Snertz
07-28-2004, 12:47 AM
The clone! It's in good hands, as I know that my cousin takes good care of his gear.

As you can see, the only real difference in the rails is that I didn't cut the groove in the rear end of the clone. (butt crack??!! :tard: :confused: ) But other than that, they are identical! Lighting made the pic a little off unfortunately..

Some parts were required to be different, and some others were simply because the price was right.

Specs:
Classic Mag, 1star valve
Emag Warp body
16in Ti Boomy
Chrome Expansion chamber
Egg2

Total investment: about 90 bucks :ninja: :wow:
Memories it brought back: Priceless :cheers:

Thoughts or comments? I will be building a new mag with more carving and such, and need input...stay tuned!

guysdaman
07-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Love the rail! To tottaly bling it out I would get a chrome vert (or strip and polish that one) and a nickle intelli...that would be sweet looking! Either way VERY nice work man!
:headbang:

The clone! It's in good hands, as I know that my cousin takes good care of his gear.

As you can see, the only real difference in the rails is that I didn't cut the groove in the rear end of the clone. (butt crack??!! :tard: :confused: ) But other than that, they are identical! Lighting made the pic a little off unfortunately..

Some parts were required to be different, and some others were simply because the price was right.

Specs:
Classic Mag, 1star valve
Emag Warp body
16in Ti Boomy
Chrome Expansion chamber
Egg2

Total investment: about 90 bucks :ninja: :wow:
Memories it brought back: Priceless :cheers:

Thoughts or comments? I will be building a new mag with more carving and such, and need input...stay tuned!

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Love the rail! To tottaly bling it out I would get a chrome vert (or strip and polish that one) and a nickle intelli...that would be sweet looking! Either way VERY nice work man!
:headbang:

Thanks! As for the vert adapter, the last time I talked to my cousin, he was going to do exactly that, strip and polish the vert asa and the bottom line asa, along with getting a chrome intelli.

I need to get some pics of it when it has the 14in DYE Stainless on the mag... :eek:

Flow_Tech
07-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Snertz..i THINK..i just think that the mag i was going to purchase local..i cannot tell..but the rail looks SUPER firmilar and the rail was 1 off....anyways,that is a nice mag..always love to see some custom modded older mags :clap:

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Snertz..i THINK..i just think that the mag i was going to purchase local..i cannot tell..but the rail looks SUPER firmilar and the rail was 1 off....anyways,that is a nice mag..always love to see some custom modded older mags :clap:

From where abouts are you? The person I traded with had moved down south, east coast, like carolina or something. Not sure though.

I heard he had sold the thing for 75 (it was a hypermag then?!) I wish I could kick him right now..

The only thing that may look like this mag would have been one of the rails that Tyson machado made. but those had sharper smaller spike/fin carved in them.

Flow_Tech
07-28-2004, 01:19 AM
im from North Carolina..and the more i think about it..im pretty sure its your old gun..was the rail raw?..its now got a ULE+Intelli,Xvalve and ULT..pretty spiffy mag i might say

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:21 AM
Yup, all the rails I produce are purely Raw Aluminum polished to a mirror finish

To help, heres a pic of what it looked like when I traded it, minus the tank and hopper.

Flow_Tech
07-28-2004, 01:23 AM
yep,im pretty sure thats the one..just..ULE+Xvalve+Intelli frame now..

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Whoa, got any idea who has it? or pics of it? This would be pretty awsome if I could track it down :)

Flow_Tech
07-28-2004, 01:31 AM
yep.i know him..hes on a local team..cool guy..he had it on here FS for a while..http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=142872

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Ooo, I reconize that rail, but it wasn't one that I had made. It's mentioned in the thread that studley192 carved that rail.

Bummer, thought we we're onto something here. :p

Maybe someone else knows the where abouts of my old mag..

Z-man
07-28-2004, 02:22 AM
I demand a full series of high res shots for my gallery a Blingin Hypermag and Classic Mag. They MUST be added! Otherwise Ill have to use the low res ones you posted and put it up anyway! MUAHHHHAHA!!!! (great Mags bty)

(small side note. Please be patient in allowing me a week or 2 to get them up. I am UBER busy right now and Ill be up for many nights. AO is my "every few hours" break :/ )

Snertz
07-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Z-man, you got it! The originals are 1600x1200, about 500KB a peice. Would you like an email(s) with all of them?

Ps. They do need a touchup with photoshop, which is mainly shrinking the photo's a little to gain back resolution, since my camera wasn't too great for taking the pics, and they came out a little pixalated at the original size.

I can resize them all to 1200x900 and touch up with photoshop before sending if you would like.

I also have many hi-res pics of some other mags

Z-man
07-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Z-man, you got it! The originals are 1600x1200, about 500KB a peice. Would you like an email(s) with all of them?

Ps. They do need a touchup with photoshop, which is mainly shrinking the photo's a little to gain back resolution, since my camera wasn't too great for taking the pics, and they came out a little pixalated at the original size.

I can resize them all to 1200x900 and touch up with photoshop before sending if you would like.

I also have many hi-res pics of some other mags

Sounds good to me, I like 1600x1200. I always prefer them to be larger than I need as it means I can get them looking that much sharper on cleaner in PShop. There is not one photo in my gallery that is not tweaked a bit (and some tweaked quite a bit). E-mail is great.

Take a look around the gallery and see how its all set up. You can see that I am entering some basic info about each marker. I am kinda looking for the "classy" markers as you can see.

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Gallery/gallery.html

paint magnet
07-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Nice mags, couple of questions for you:

-What kind of aftermarket double trigger is that on the stock frame? (fist mag)

-What kind of tourney lock is that on the back of the valve, and where can I get one?

-How much for you to mill my rail to look like that one? (or you could make it slightly different, so yours would still be the only one...lol) :)

OysterBoy
07-28-2004, 01:43 PM
It looks like you made that from scratch, my AM rail doesnt even have enough meat on it to do that! But if it was from an AM rail, would you mind giving me some pointers? All work will be done with a dremmel, at my risk. :)

Snertz
07-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Z-Man: You've got mail!

Nice mags, couple of questions for you:

-What kind of aftermarket double trigger is that on the stock frame? (fist mag)

-What kind of tourney lock is that on the back of the valve, and where can I get one?

-How much for you to mill my rail to look like that one? (or you could make it slightly different, so yours would still be the only one...lol) :)

The double trigger was just a no-name one that I found in the case at my local shop. the closest thing I could find to it was this (http://www2.888paintball.com/product.asp?plid=PARTS&icid=AIRGUN+DESIGNS&scid=AFTERMARKET&csid=106689499090492884226684534140322891394284599 80010&code=16%2DACS+DBL+TR+S+AM+B&xt=br)

The tourney lock on the valve is a benchmark tourney lock, and can be found here (http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=4dCtEFmu25GtRRipEnBtuFNnnxhR5LQVF-0=?ProductID=C7esFAY74XMAAAD3MdylA_2s)

As for carving a rail for you, just PM me and we can work from there. I already have some others contact me about doing some. If you have a different design in mind, just email me a sketch at AznKid186@asianavenue.com

paint magnet
07-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the links - I might have to get one of those Benchmark tourney locks since PBGear marked 'em down so much ($11.99 to $11.95).

I'm still in the process of getting the rest of my mag together, so any milling/modification to the rail will probably be the last thing I do. I'll try to come up with a sketch though :)

Snertz
07-30-2004, 01:02 AM
It looks like you made that from scratch, my AM rail doesnt even have enough meat on it to do that! But if it was from an AM rail, would you mind giving me some pointers? All work will be done with a dremmel, at my risk. :)

These were all stock AM/MM rails at one point.. :D There is a surprising amount of metal on then. you should see how much I actually have to cut off just to get the basic shape down. :wow:

Paint Magnet: NP :) just lemme know when you want it done. Prices aren't as much as you'd expect...I think :p

Z-man
07-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Your Mags are up sir! Go check and make sure I got all th info right when you have a chance.

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/gallery/gallery.html

Snertz
08-01-2004, 12:03 AM
It all looks good! Thanks!