PDA

View Full Version : The Free Pevs lense cleaner from IAO destroyed my mask!

Automaggin2
07-28-2004, 01:38 AM
That free Pevs lense cleaner they gave out at IAO destroyed my invision! It left a film on my mask, its damn near impossible to see out of it now, and my mask fogs. At first I thought it was just my mask, then my cousin complained about the same thing, then a bunch of random people started complaining. I want a free lense :mad:

AGDlover
07-28-2004, 01:43 AM
damn dude that sucks you should defenetly complain to the componey about it and next time use Plexus

UltimatePaintballer
07-28-2004, 01:44 AM
this is where so many people go wrong

you are complaining to the wrong persons/company

maybe you should try pevs...? just a thought

FallNAngel
07-28-2004, 01:45 AM
damn dude that sucks you should defenetly complain to the componey about it and next time use Plexus

plexus doesn't prevent fogging though... it's basically windex for plastic.

Automaggin2
07-28-2004, 02:10 AM
this is where so many people go wrong

you are complaining to the wrong persons/company

maybe you should try pevs...? just a thought

Just seeing if anyone else had the same problem. Pevs is going to hear from me tommorow morning.

Trick
07-28-2004, 02:56 AM
DYE specifically states in the user manual to not use ANYTHING other than water to clean your Inivisions. they use a special anti-fog crap on their lenses, and if you use anything other than water to wash em, those lenses are toast. I found that out the same way you did, the hard way.

Yes, even manuals for goggle systems are important to read. :D

Enemy
07-28-2004, 04:14 AM
wow i didnt know that iwonder does jt do the same cuz i go through lenses like some people go through cases of paint!!!

Army
07-28-2004, 06:06 AM
The manual?....instructions even?......huh, go figure....

HeadHunter59
07-28-2004, 07:07 AM
RAin X works.

Beemer
07-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Did you put it on the inside of the lens?????????????

fogging is a whole different issue. not even close to windex for plastic. It was originally developed for use in aviation. JT manual says water or plexus NOTHING ELSE. All lenses are lexan. After all these years why arent we using something better.

Yes, even manuals for goggle systems are important to read.

Yes they are. When i droped $150 on Oakley sunglases I made sure I read the distructions
and i wasnt getting shot with paintballs with those on but oakley hit em with a shotgun blast.

i go through lenses like some people go through cases of paint!!!

Well maybe not that bad but I am anal with my lenses. My eyes are worth more then I will ever spend on lenses and so are yours. 10 yrs of tourny and practice ask me how much I have spent on lenses.

The manual?....instructions even?......huh, go figure.

Ya buy em books and send em to school and you think they would read and learn?

RAin X works.

Bad idea but they are your eyes...........read the distructions

dinger
07-28-2004, 09:01 AM
DONT PUT RAIN-X ON YOUR MASK UNLESS YOU WANNA BE BLIND SOONER

the ONLY thing you should use is the PMI anti-fog lense cleaner stuff. just wipe off paint, spray a few squirts, and just rub it off untli the lense is clear. it's effective, and doesn't damage your lense

oh, it works GREAT for people with glasses too :o

dinger
07-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Did you put it on the inside of the lens?????????????

fogging is a whole different issue. not even close to windex for plastic. It was originally developed for use in aviation. JT manual says water or plexus NOTHING ELSE. All lenses are lexan. After all these years why arent we using something better.

Yes they are. When i droped $150 on Oakley sunglases I made sure I read the distructions
and i wasnt getting shot with paintballs with those on but oakley hit em with a shotgun blast.

Well maybe not that bad but I am anal with my lenses. My eyes are worth more then I will ever spend on lenses and so are yours. 10 yrs of tourny and practice ask me how much I have spent on lenses.

Ya buy em books and send em to school and you think they would read and learn?

Bad idea but they are your eyes...........read the distructions
distructions??? you mean instructions?

mcdkid
07-28-2004, 09:39 AM
well the man spent 150 on sunglasses, what do you expect?

deathstalker
07-28-2004, 09:41 AM
DONT PUT RAIN-X ON YOUR MASK UNLESS YOU WANNA BE BLIND SOONER
Quoted for truth.

frontrunner
07-28-2004, 09:47 AM
water, use water safe on all lenses. oh and on a side note don't let some fool clean you mask with TP thats not good for you lense eithr get a cheap spray bottle and a soft rag and clean your own mask sure the refs will do it at most fields but its gonna cost you in the long run

tony3
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Seriously, everyone is using all these crazy cleaners on their stuff, why not water? Works fine for me always.

Automaggin2
07-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Yes, it did destroy my cousins JT Spectra lense. Whats up with all the flames?

Rift
07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
just use a water spray bottle they work just fine and a rag

WenULiVeUdiE
07-28-2004, 11:32 AM
I use a no-smear lense cleaner. It works really well. But after reading this thread, I'll stick to water with my invisions.

nerobro
07-28-2004, 11:56 AM

Plexus was designed for aircraft windscreens. It does everything it claims ;-) fogging is not one of it's claims. It's used in many industrys. Motorcycle, Paintball, aircraft, etc...

FallNAngel
07-28-2004, 12:44 PM
fogging is a whole different issue. not even close to windex for plastic.

Plexus was designed for aircraft windscreens. It does everything it claims ;-) fogging is not one of it's claims. It's used in many industrys. Motorcycle, Paintball, aircraft, etc...

I think you need to go back and read my post...

I specifically said it doesn't prevent fogging... all it does is clear the lense... which basically makes it windex for plastic.

Wc Keep
07-28-2004, 02:04 PM
this stupidly beautiful girl who i work with dropped some paint (real paint) on my oakleys. i got really mad at her and would have killed her if she wasnt so beautiful. i then took that pevs stuff and used it to clean my oakleys and they are cleaner now than they ever have been.

Beemer
07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
distructions??? you mean instructions?

well the man spent 150 on sunglasses, what do you expect?

:clap: ha ha spelled it that way on purpose. :ninja: Glad you can read

Ya when you want the best you pay. They sold me on them when they hit em with a 12 gauge blast. Thats the kind of protection I want for my eyes. Skiing, motor and water sports and shooting REAL fire arms. MY EYES are worth way more.
Hit your gogs with a shotgun blast and tell me what happens.

which basically makes it windex for plastic.

Still wrong, it does more then just clean. Have you ever even used it????

I ask again. Can anybody tell me why after 20yrs we still use LEXAN when there is better stuff out there.[polycarbonite,plexiglass.acrylic,etc..]

redlaser666
07-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Actually Lexan is a brand of policarbonate platic, as is PlexiGlass. And acrilic shatters into pieces when it breaks so i guess its not as safe.
So in the end we are using a very safe lens, plus i have never seen any eye injuries from lens breakage, but i have seen them by not using gogles.

FallNAngel
07-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Still wrong, it does more then just clean. Have you ever even used it????

Yes, I know it has other purposes than just cleaning, but for all intents and purposes, that's mainly what it's used for. The point I was trying to make was, it doesn't work as an anti-fog solution.

I ask again. Can anybody tell me why after 20yrs we still use LEXAN when there is better stuff out there.[polycarbonite,plexiglass.acrylic,etc..]

Because switching to anything else would make sense I suppose. Seriously, perhaps it's more expensive, or the benefits are too small?

magman007
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
ummmm yea... il tell ya, lexan is bulletproof if you have it thick enough. im gunna find my old spectra lenses, and see what a 22 will do to em... im not expectin it to do much harm at all

Wolfen
07-28-2004, 09:30 PM
I spent well over $200 on my Oakleys. Black Square Wire 2.0s with polarized Blue Iridium lenses. Best sunglasses I've ever had, and my third pair of Oakleys. Sure they're expensive, but they're well worth it.

Next pair I'm getting: Titanium Square Wire 2.0s with Black Iridium polarized lenses.
Price: $305 :clap:

Thordic
07-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah seriously, Lexan = shatterproof plastic. It works pretty damn well. I've yet to see a paintball do any serious damage to a lens other than a small crack.

P8ntBallBoom
07-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I agree, my eyes are worth WAY more than..well, a lot of stuff.

My lens on my JT Elite just went to hell. I think its in order for some testing to see what it can withstand with jsut a few cracks around the nose.

Since the JT's are done, I know have switched to well, the Proto Switch goggles. I jsut ordered them. I'll let everyone knwo how they work once I get done experimenting with the old JT lens. Hehe.....wheres an evil smiley when you need it?

tribalman
07-29-2004, 01:04 AM
i just lick the paint off of my mask, that way no harmful chemicals get on it, and i don't scratch it with a cloth or something else. and i've tried cleaning my mask with a spray bottle, all it did was get inbetween the lenses and fog like no other.

mcdkid
07-29-2004, 01:34 AM
Hit your gogs with a shotgun blast and tell me what happens.

i did before... poor kid... but atlest i won the bet, it was the easyist $5 i ever made!