PDA

View Full Version : Single trigger electros

DoctorStox
07-28-2004, 11:50 AM
i'm getting rid of my mag cause i want to go to a signel trigger electro. I know older angels (led), box shockers and tribals (2.0) come with single trigger frames, what other electros come with 1x frames?

Automaggot68
07-28-2004, 11:52 AM
i'm getting rid of my mag cause i want to go to a signel trigger electro. I know older angels (led), box shockers and tribals (2.0) come with single trigger frames, what other electros come with 1x frames?
When kindman first put out their production of EM-1's, they were single trigger electro's. They were actually pretty nice, albeit at the time the price was high.

paint magnet
07-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Most older electros had single triggers, and a few newer ones have them as options, including:

LCD Angels
Impulses (very rare)
Vikings
Excaliburs

there's probably more but that's all I can think of right now.

Anyway, you can always cut the bottom half off of a double trigger ;)

lord1234
07-28-2004, 12:38 PM
just from personal curiosity...WHY?! Double trigger is for e...not single...

vf-xx
07-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Old Rainmakers have em, I think.

You can get an emag trigger cut down for a single trigger. I've got one.

DoctorStox
07-28-2004, 12:49 PM
yeah, i think i'm gonna ahve about 500 to spend on this gun (once and if i get ym mag sold), so all AKA guns are pretty much a no no. I was thinking of settling on finding an led angel, but i hate the old ones that dont taper towards the barrel, just looks weird. as for cutting off the trigger, i hate when people do that, the trigger should fit the frame (guard) IMHO

dinger
07-28-2004, 12:55 PM
my excalibur shoots great 1-handed. thats why this one dude wants it.. lol

on the other hand, just get a dm3. you can buy single trigger frames for them. they're absolUTEly amaZing guns. thing is, i havn't found out where to buy them online yet :o but when i find out ill let you know ;)

it's the only way to go

DoctorStox
07-28-2004, 01:20 PM
yeah, dm3's run like G new dont they? lol. I refuse to spend more than 500 on a gun, cause i will break it, and i never have money to fix them. I was thinking of maybe forgeting this whole thing and getting an eframed blowback with vision.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Look for an old Gen-E Led trix or even a slidswitch. Then go to www.4freeflow.com go to Matrix Parts and for 100 you can buy a single trigger frame.

DoctorStox
07-28-2004, 01:28 PM
ok, let me restate CHEAP. college kid, no money.

cheetah256
07-28-2004, 01:44 PM
ok, let me restate CHEAP. college kid, no money.

sounds like your best bet is an old angel then. there's not much else in the price range..

kungfuhampster11
07-28-2004, 02:37 PM
u could get an imp and a single trigger i-frame . . . i wouldnt recomend it tho

Deep Sixx
07-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Cobra makes a single-trigger Space frame for Angels. Older Racegun 'cockers could be converted to single trigger by changing the guard & trigger. As has been said: Tribals, Angel LEDs, Impulse I-frames, Excals are all available with single triggers.

I'd say go with an LED. Great marker... fast and reliable.

sixx

paint magnet
07-28-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah, i think i'm gonna ahve about 500 to spend on this gun (once and if i get ym mag sold), so all AKA guns are pretty much a no no. I was thinking of settling on finding an led angel, but i hate the old ones that dont taper towards the barrel, just looks weird. as for cutting off the trigger, i hate when people do that, the trigger should fit the frame (guard) IMHO

sixx[/QUOTE]

yeah, dm3's run like G new dont they? lol. I refuse to spend more than 500 on a gun, cause i will break it, and i never have money to fix them. I was thinking of maybe forgeting this whole thing and getting an eframed blowback with vision.

You mean a DM4? Or are you referring to the regular Dye Matrix?

If you do happen to get an AKA gun, you won't regret it. They are well worth the money, and I know people who now refuse to shoot anything but AKA stuff (and yes, it really is that good). And you won't break it unless you try, everything is built like a tank and requires about the same amount (if not less) of maintenance as an Automag (just put a few drops of oil in the ASA and you're good to go).

just from personal curiosity...WHY?! Double trigger is for e...not single...

Actually, it makes just as much sense to have it on a mech gun. More leverage = lighter trigger pull. On an electro though, it serves only to help you increase your rate of fire, since you don't need the extra leverage. (well, maybe on an old shocker :p ) I'm guessing more of the older electros had the single trigger frames since there wasn't much point in being able to shoot 20 balls per second if your board had to be capped at 13.

I'd say go with an LED. Great marker... fast and reliable.

I second that, and you should be able to find one for well under $500. There are also single trigger frames available for the Angel LCD, and you could probably get an LCD + a single trigger frame for under $500 as well. IMO there's not that much difference in performance between the two markers, the LCD is just nice to have.

WickeDKlowN
07-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Get an old Angel LCD and grab on of these (http://www.kappproducts.com/products-angel-accessories-angel-lcd-45-frame.html).

dinger
07-28-2004, 04:53 PM
just get the new PMI evo. it shoots 14bps no sweat, and the eye works quite well :o

DM3's are amazing. you spend 800 bucks on one, but the only thing ever to go wrong is 1 of 14 orings inside the bolt. that's 8 minutes TOPS to take out the bolt, find the bad oring, find a new oring, put the oring back on, and then reassemble the bolt.

dinger
07-28-2004, 04:56 PM
If you do happen to get an AKA gun, you won't regret it. They are well worth the money, and I know people who now refuse to shoot anything but AKA stuff (and yes, it really is that good). And you won't break it unless you try, everything is built like a tank and requires about the same amount (if not less) of maintenance as an Automag (just put a few drops of oil in the ASA and you're good to go).
mines 4 years (going on 5) old and runs 100% fine.

paint magnet
07-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Not sure how old mine is...but it's never given me any trouble either. It's so efficient I tried running it on 12 grams once...it got about as many shots as my old Phantom did :)

p8nt_junkie
07-28-2004, 08:33 PM
my brother feels the same way you do Doctor. Can't figure it out though, seeing as how with a double trigger electro you can lay down your own cover fire on your way to the secondary. But in ya'lls defense a single trigger electro Matrix would be a great gun to shoot that would never kick partly b/c of the way the firing system is designed (spool valve) and partly b/c you would only need the tip of ONE finger to squeeze off a round and that would require the least amount of movement in your hand, arm, body, etc. However with your budget an old LED angel with the possibility of the TAG micro predator mod might get into your price bracket. Good luck!

cockermongol
07-28-2004, 10:08 PM
I have always thought single trigger electros were the stupidest idea ever. I mean it defeats the entire purpose. The ONLY reason you buy an electro is to shoot it fast, which is an INCAPABILITY with a single trigger. I just don't understand such nonsense...

FaSSt
07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Try picking up a Tribal with aftermarket mods. They come with single trigger frames, are supposed to rip if set up properly, and, since they are not a very popular gun, should be very inexpensive given their level of performance.

Check out www.airsoldier.com for Tribal sales and information. This is a reputable place.

afultz075
07-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I've always thought guns with real light trigger pulls feel wierd to shoot with a single trigger frame. I put my ULT'd X-Valve on a single trigger minimag before and even that felt wierd.

DoctorStox
07-28-2004, 11:37 PM
i dunno. i guess it's a matter of preferance. i like the 1x because i can tuck in tight and shoot it, as was said, with relatively little motion. while some people move a lot fanning their 2x triggers while they shoots, opening up their frame and making their volume greater, and yes, it does matter when you're in a 3x3 stick bunker. i know a good deal about tribals, the only problem is if it breaks, and u need it up and running fast, relatively few places, and almost no local places, can get it ready for you in time. i think i'm gonna go for the angel

Marchborne
07-29-2004, 06:30 AM
i dunno. i guess it's a matter of preferance. i like the 1x because i can tuck in tight and shoot it, as was said, with relatively little motion. while some people move a lot fanning their 2x triggers while they shoots, opening up their frame and making their volume greater, and yes, it does matter when you're in a 3x3 stick bunker. i know a good deal about tribals, the only problem is if it breaks, and u need it up and running fast, relatively few places, and almost no local places, can get it ready for you in time. i think i'm gonna go for the angel

I still like single triggers on electros as well. I think it makes the best compromise for me: I can't walk triggers worth a damn, but at least I still get better speed than with a mech.

Tell you what, I have an IR3 with the single trigger frame that I have been thinking of selling (wife tells me I have too many markers). I'm not looking to make a killing on it. PM or email me, and let's talk. (marchborne@aol.com)

WickeDKlowN
07-29-2004, 06:45 AM
I too like single triggers. Even with most double triggers, I just use my middle finger. I guess 1 finger just seems more...natural to me or something.

fire1811
07-29-2004, 07:16 AM
man i miss my old dark angel led single trigger.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58230&highlight=dark+angel+led

DoctorStox
07-30-2004, 01:34 PM
fire, that's a hot gun, i'd miss it oo. i just traded my mag for an em1 and cash. now i need upgrades. if anyboody has some em1 upgrades they need to get rid of, lmk.

Chris42050
07-30-2004, 04:51 PM
I too like single triggers. Even with most double triggers, I just use my middle finger. I guess 1 finger just seems more...natural to me or something.
That's exactly what i do too. I can shoot faster with my middle finger. I cant walk for :cuss: .