PDA

View Full Version : e-mag overheating?

ShaftyMcGee
07-28-2004, 05:21 PM
tunning the trigger on my emag last night (finally got it to where i like it) and was walking it pretty fast when suddenly i pulled the trigger and nothing happened. i tried to switch through the settings and nothing happened. i had the grips off an touched the solenoid, and it was so hot nearly burned me. i took the battery off and put it back on to see if "AGD 1.37" would come up and i didnt. i let it sit for a while then put the battery back on and it seemed fine. Is my marker ok? i really dont want to have this happen while playing.

ShaftyMcGee
07-28-2004, 07:37 PM
any one?

matt-o
07-28-2004, 07:46 PM
is your battery full? that beefy 18 volt noid might heat up alot, but its never happened to me, and ive never heard of it before

AGDlover
07-28-2004, 08:48 PM
thats it AGD you guys gotta check out the noides this is the 3 case i've heard of and on 1 of the other cases the noid was smokeing comeon guys

BlackVCG
07-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Take a look at your board and look at the black transistor at the very top of the board. On the middle leg of this transistor one of the wires from the solenoid is soldered to it. Look on the chip to see if you see a burnt spot, raised area, bubble or anything that would indicate it's burning up. Also, look at the top wide leg of the transistor and make sure you don't see any black residue around it.

The problem is not usually the solenoid, it's the transistor ends up going bad and sends a constant 18V to the solenoid and turns it into a mini "hand-warmer."