PDA

View Full Version : Alright, who wants to help screw with a con artist??!?

PissedGodzilla
07-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Guess what I got in my email today.

Subject: OFFERT :BRAND NEW Bob Long Alias Intimidator Black/Red fade! FOR A CHEAP PRICE!!!

Dear Madam Or Sir,
I saw you are interested in buying a BRAND NEW Bob Long Alias Intimidator Black/Red fade! on Ebay auctions.If you are interested in buying it please contact me asap for more details.Email if you want to know more. I will gladly answer your questions.
I`m member Ebay.
I accept for the payment Wire Transfer and i will shipp by Ups Air Express.
If you are not interested please excuse me for bothering you, if you are a serious buyer please contact me and we can discuss a deal.
A quick answer will be more then appreciated ,
Have a great year!!!

now we have all seen how some dude totally nailed a guy doing this... anyone want to have some fun?!?

Echo419
07-28-2004, 11:51 PM
hahahaha alrite... tell me what ot do

PissedGodzilla
07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
well, that's the thing... i dunno what to do, i was hoping for some suggestions from the community about how i should go about this....

:ninja: -style

_tMAN
07-29-2004, 12:22 AM
well Email him back of course and tell him you are interested, and for some more info

steimway
07-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Although it's not the same type of scam, these (http://www.419eater.com/) guys should give you some creative ideas in defeating this scammer.

Curly
07-29-2004, 02:12 AM
http://p-p-p-powerbook.com/ hehe

thecavemankevin
07-29-2004, 07:56 AM
i have gotten several emails like these before. i tried discussing 3rd party and one said no, another tried saying we can us UPS's 3rd party service (i don't think they have one, but never checked). i then said no, the only way i would do it is by a different 3rd party (someone from AO, dont even remember who it was now). they never responded back.....i wonder why?

the rest of the time i just email back that i am going to report them to ebay for attempted scam.

lesson #1: wire transfer is the fastest way to ripped off

A third time i told the guy to ship first since i have a great deal of ebay and AO feedback. the guy kept saying, "i'm sending it today, why don't you go ahead and send the $$"

PissedGodzilla
07-29-2004, 08:08 AM
::UPDATE::
I replied asking for more info i will see where this takes me....

I got another email this morning, apparently from a different email address, but it wouldn't suprise me if it was the same guy.

Albert Michaell [albert_michaell@yahoo.com]

Hello ,

Sorry for disturbing , but i see that you are very interested to buy a : BRAND NEW Bob Long Alias Intimidator Black/Red fade!. I write you this e-mail because i have for sale the same product like the one that you bid on eBay , and i sell it with a low price .

Please let me know if you are interested to buy this item from me , if the answer is yes please reply me urgently , if you don't want to finish any deal with me please sorry for your time .

Thanks ,
Albert

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PissedGodzilla
07-29-2004, 08:09 AM
you know, somethign always bothered me about these emails. NOT ONE of these guys knows how to speak correct english... you figure they would be smart enough to get that part right.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Tell them you'd like to buy 4 but you only $300?

Fanatic
07-30-2004, 03:48 AM
just clog his email...i think we did that to mancow