PDA

View Full Version : Timmy questions, Pre and Post 2k4 models.

TraXeR
07-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Question for those who know about the pre 2004 (2k2, texas storm, ironman, etc) and post (alias, naughty dog, russian legion, etc) intimidators.

Do they BOTH use .45 grips? And are they interchangable? If not, what difference does it have in the molding and appearance? Also, for anyone that uses the timmies, can you give me the exact measurement on the grip screw holes from dead centre to dead centre of each hole in inches please?

Thanks a ton guys.

Load SM5
07-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Yes, they both use standard 45's but the 2k4 versions have an LCD screen on the frame so you'll need to cut a window if you want to see it.

tribalman
07-29-2004, 11:19 AM
i thought the classic timmys used a 45 frame, but the frame screws were at a different placement so you couldn't change the grip. and then there is the clamshell grip and i dont know what the newer timmy's use.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
2k2's etc. use a .45 grip. The new 2k4's do as well. Except they have an LCD panel on the right side in the middle like load SM5 said. Just cut out a rectangle for the lcd panel and it'll be good to go. I;m not sure about the classic's though.

TraXeR
07-29-2004, 11:41 AM
K, thanks guys, got everything I needed. I was making a template for the grip for Heather to use for if anyone ever wanted a timmy grip and I needed to know if I could use the old .45 grip template and put the border around it, or what. Anyways, its all done now, thanks.

The Frymarker
08-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Anyone want to throw me a linky where to purchase the Timmy grips with the lcd panel???

Load SM5
08-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Here are the only pair I could find. http://www2.criticalpaintball.com/product_info.php/products_id/333

If you do make them, leave the LCD window cut out. The new ones have such a thick piece of clear in there that it distorts the LCD screen and makes in next to impossible to read. People usually just cut those chunks out.

I need some tick Alias grips to go with my SFL grips you made. :headbang:

The Frymarker
08-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Here are the only pair I could find. http://www2.criticalpaintball.com/product_info.php/products_id/333

If you do make them, leave the LCD window cut out. The new ones have such a thick piece of clear in there that it distorts the LCD screen and makes in next to impossible to read. People usually just cut those chunks out.

I need some tick Alias grips to go with my SFL grips you made. :headbang:

Hey thanks Load!

All of my new grips come with the windows built in as part of the grip, it is just easier for me to make them this way and they come out much cleaner. Their thickness depends on how much resin I stick in there. So if clarity is an issue I can make the windows really thin.

Tick grips not a problem ;)