PDA

View Full Version : Z-man's Little Bandwidth Caveat

Z-man
07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Could not decide if this is a Friendly Corner Thing or not (move as desired)

I feel a little funny about asking something like this but I figure it cannot hurt me.

A few weeks back I mentioned that I flew way over my allotted bandwidth. I think it was the first Victory Board movie and the QLoader video that did me in but I jumped up to over 500Gigs of bandwidth in like 2 weeks. Now I have been hosted free of charge up till now but due to outside issues (and this one) the relationship has gone south and I will be moving my site to a new server.

Today I got the a bill from my current server and well... it could be worse I suppose but its almost $500. Yeah... so fortunately I think I can pay for it and cover my many other expenses but I would NEVER refuse monetary assistance in this area (i.e. GIV MONIES PLZ!! KEKEKEKKE!!!).

I feel this little Mp3 best describes what I am trying to convey ----> This Little Mp3 (http://homepage.mac.com/zvetter/.Music/11%20Save%20Our%20Bill.mp3)

Your contribution of 10, 20, 30 thousand dollars will help pay for this outrageous bill.

What does it really mean? It means that I am still gonna make movies and I am still gonna have a site up regardless of if I get a cent or not. However it does mean that if you do you get a warm fuzzy glow inside. Plus! anyone who contributes $20 or more gets a DVD of all my Movies high res. and on 1 nice little disc. Please allow for 2-3 weeks for me to get them to you but it's the least I can do.

Please send your contribution to [email protected]
Not for me, but for the children.
Thank you.

arsonpaintball06
07-29-2004, 03:25 PM
poor poor zman:( i guess if its for the children i can donate a lil sumthin sumthin.....jus need to pay for sum other pball debts first lol

Jim

OysterBoy
07-29-2004, 03:38 PM
This is definatley on my list of priorities ZMan... dont worry, you'll be AGD sponsored and endorsed (For your site, not your playing skills... ;) ) and won't have to worry about it before you know it. I have to work some things out of course, all my money is going to a Scenario / Stock Class chest harness (Production run of 100)... Dont worry Z-diddy, you'll receive an MO from me sooner or later.

OysterBoy
07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
..Just thought I would add..

I think most AO members OWE you money, youve provided us all with a great website and great videos... 57 Views and 2 Replys.. :/.

Blazestorm
07-29-2004, 04:23 PM
You should consider www.equaweb.com

I'm at 450 gigs of bandwidth this month so far... :D only costing me 10 bucks a month (it'd run you 17, they changed the plan)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Anything should be able to help

amoeba
07-29-2004, 04:39 PM
what's your paypal?

jayloo
07-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Z-man, you make good quality vids and posts. Send me your paypal and Ill shoot u some $. You may also consider spreading out your hosting of vids among different sites. I will volunteer some space and/or bandwidth to you. We can chat offline if your interested.

I definitely understand the dilemma u r in. Bandwidth is the name of the game and it costs BIG $.

AGD is my favorite company but I do not believe that they will sponsor much of anything monetarily these days and in the near future.

Jason

Z-man
07-29-2004, 05:16 PM
what's your paypal?

Ha! look at that, I tell me sad tail of woe and I dont even leave a PayPal address..

If you wish to PayPal please send it to: [email protected]

Ill update the first post. No comments on the happy little audio file.. I liked it....

Z-man
07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
I think most AO members OWE you money, youve provided us all with a great website and great videos... 57 Views and 2 Replys.. :/.

Thank you for your thoughts. I would like to say that NO ONE OWES me anything. Like Jayloo, I am happy to do this on my own buck and will continue to do so because I love paintball. This is not going to break me, but it did teach me an important lesson about where I should put my videos.

Again, just in case any of you were not aware, I did move all the movies that people watch over to Apple's servers that are unlimited (until or unless the kick me off ;) ). Without the videos I think my entire site is like 15MB so its looking ok there.

Z-man
07-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Z-man, you make good quality vids and posts. Send me your paypal and Ill shoot u some $. You may also consider spreading out your hosting of vids among different sites. I will volunteer some space and/or bandwidth to you. We can chat offline if your interested.

Jason I thank you again for the offer, but I would not feel right throwing more bandwidth your way as you already provide an invaluable service to AO FREE of charge. If anything YOU need a PayPal link on your site so that people can give back to you.

Skoad
07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
I did notice www.qloader.com has one of your videos ;)

make them pay up!

Z-man
07-29-2004, 05:35 PM
I did notice www.qloader.com has one of your videos ;)

make them pay up!

What on top of the free stuff they give me to test? heheh I can just hear that phone call...

Don't make this a big issue guys, hopefully I will be smart and never have a message like this appear again.

Blazestorm
07-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Like I said, try www.equaweb.com

I've paid a flat fee of 10 bucks a month, and hit well over 450 gigs of bandwidth.

The only problems they have is if 100's of people are downloading you may crash the server (I've done it 3-4 times) but even then, they bring it back up and don't cancel my account :p

Z-man
07-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah I took a look at them and it looks like a pretty nice deal thank you. Crashed their server a few times did you? hehehe sounds like you are using it to the fullest.

Thank you to those who have donated so far. I usually don't list names unless people would like it as some people like to remain anonymous. I'll send each one of you an e-mail about that later tonight.

Blazestorm
07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I have been :p

Got more then my money's worth... seriously... 450 gigs of bandwidth for 10 bucks a month? :D

Empyreal Rogue
07-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Speaking of that video (Which is awesome by the way), did you get a free Q-Loader T-Shirt? I want one. :(

GT
07-29-2004, 06:50 PM
why not set up bit torrent links on your site?

hAppy
07-30-2004, 01:27 AM
I send you as much as a boy can spare. You will have cash in a few days from [email protected]

indulgence
07-30-2004, 01:47 AM
I've talked to Ken over there. I believe that I can match what he donates. GOod Luck with your problem.

t33kyboy
07-30-2004, 01:52 AM
Buy my things! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1544434#post1544434)

My little contribution... :headbang:

And for Zman, its like getting 90% off everything! :wow: