PDA

View Full Version : gettin x-valve and ULT...some ?'s

SOAD8789
07-29-2004, 07:39 PM
well, soon i will be getting an X-Valve and a ULE trigger pull kit. i have a couple of questions. what would be a good starting point when adjusting the ULE trigger pull on/off assy? do i need to have it at a certain spot, or just where i like it? and what is a good starting point for adjusting the level 10? what shim should i start on? oh yeah, i have an intelliframe, so when i get my ult trigger pull and everything tuned right, what would a realistic bps estimate be? i can shoot 13-14 on most electros...if that helps at all.

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Um, just start with one shim on the LX and ULT and work from there. If you can only do 13-14 on electros dont expect your rof to be that fast at all with a ult because the pull is still heavier and harder to walk than most electros.

AGDlover
07-29-2004, 09:08 PM
get the LVL10 tuned in with the stock onoff in and then move into the ULT

trevorjk
07-29-2004, 09:11 PM
get the LVL10 tuned in with the stock onoff in and then move into the ULT

agreed...

the first thing you want to do is fully tune your level 10 with the stock on/off in your valve. and a little tip is try rapid firing on your finger and see if you get any bolt stick... once you get that good then you can go to the ULT. with the ULT i suggest going up 1 shim at a time tell you get runaway or full auto mode. then take 1 shim out and your set... if you can still sweetspot it there take one more out and it will be set

Eric Cartman
07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
http://www.havoc-online.com

Have a look around there. There's great info on the level 10 and a pretty good rundown of the ULT in the RT / X valve section.

I have no idea what your bps will be. I can walk my Intelliframe / X Valve / ULT, but I'll admit it's not like walking an electro. You'll have to see if you get used to it. I found that putting the max number of shims in the ULT (before getting runaway - 6/7 I think), lowering my tank's output pressure to 700 psi and installing a rear trigger stop to take out some of the slop really picked up my rate of fire and made the trigger much easier to walk... it also made it much easier to short stroke. I got rid of the trigger stop and cranked the pressure back up to 900 psi and I've just become accustomed to that. It takes more finger pressure to walk, but I never short stroke and I find that it empty's my hopper (and my wallet :cry: ) fast enough. If I crank up the pressure to 1000 - 1100 psi, it'll sweetspot easily, but I get no sweetspotting at 900. This is why I strongly recommend an adjustable tank (if you can afford one) to go with an X valve. It allows you to really customize the feel of your trigger.