PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating Mags?

Carbon Blue
07-30-2004, 02:44 PM
has anyone ever had any experience with powdercoating your minimag or paint marker in general? Theres a shop by my school that does powdercoating and there charging me about 60$ for the whole gun to be done in gunmetal. The gun is currently chromed out right now. Does powdercoat chip easily? Should i pay extra for the clear coat if i decide to do it? I also have the Dye SS 12 inch barrel would it be smart to powdercoat that too? or would it be too dangerous since it might affect the bore etc.? thanks for any help!

Adrenaline_Junkie
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Powdercoating isnt that coomen reall. If you do get it donr get the clearcoat. From what i know powdercoating is only good on steal or somethin. Most guns are annodized because it holds up better, looks better, and is usually for aluminum.

If im way off here someone please tell me.

just a suggestion, but why dont you save your money and just buy a ULE body and stuff instead of dumping money into older parts?

silentdeath55
07-30-2004, 03:45 PM
I have a powdercoated minimag body (black and for sale) that was powdercoated about 2 months ago. I would not powdercoat an aluminum body. You are much better off getting an anno job. Powdercoating is rather soft and can scratch pretty easily, but it still holds up. The powdercoating adds approx. 1/32" of material to the material being coated, so some things, like your barrel may not fit in your marker after they have been powdercoated (depending on what type of marker you own).

Carbon Blue
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
thanks you guys

thump
07-30-2004, 10:23 PM
here are some pics of my minimag that has been powdercoated.
it doesent seen to chip easy .the ony problem i had with it was that they pot the coating on so thick that i had a bit of a problem getting the body back on right.
just make sure they dont put the coating on to thick.

thump
07-30-2004, 10:24 PM
see if this works,,,

thump
07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
fhgfhgivhciouhoif!

if this doesent work i give up!