PDA

View Full Version : Need to know about a deal im working on.

GotMag?
07-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Hey, im working on a trade between me and a guy for my rt pro for his micromag. My rt pro has intelliframe, lvl 10, freak (one insert), evil grips,psychoballistics long drop, and stock parts.

His Micro has the "storm" ano and classic valve, expansion chamber, rear thumb velocity adjuster, and all other stock parts.

i am making this thread because i don't know much about micros, and i don't want to get ripped or i dont want to rip him off.

How much cash should be added to make this a fair deal?

Dayspring
07-30-2004, 11:47 PM
The fact that you're trading an RT Pro for a Classic valve worries me...

Secondly, stay away from the Micro series of mags. Their tolerances suck and will give any and ALL AGD tech a headache. (I know, I've had some myself.)

GotMag?
07-30-2004, 11:50 PM
tolerances suck? what do you mean?

Z-man
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
His Micro has the "storm" ano and classic valve, expansion chamber, rear thumb velocity adjuster, and all other stock parts.

Is that the UBER sick ano job that showed up here a few months back? Got a picutre of it?

(but I aggree, that does not sound like too good a deal... for you)

Dayspring
07-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Meaning they custom file their on/off pins PER GUN. They don't use a standard size pin like AGD does. They also use a different type of sear, so if you ever need to replace it, you can't use an AGD one. It's also heavier than a regular ULE bodied RT Pro.

The only reason I see for ditching the RT Pro is if you can't get nitro fills. (But Tom's gonna do a part that allows the RT Valve to use CO2)

tolerances suck? what do you mean?

SlipknotX556
07-30-2004, 11:56 PM
I would keep your RT pro, just because trading it for a classic micromag, thats not a good deal for you, if you wanted a micromag, sell the RT, buy a used one, buy something else with the left over money.

GotMag?
07-30-2004, 11:56 PM
DING DING DING, cant get nitro fills. whats this about rt on c02?

GotMag?
07-30-2004, 11:59 PM
one reason for the trading is i havent had much luck selling the rt, whats a good price for it?

Dayspring
07-31-2004, 12:15 AM
Ask Tunaman, Havoc Online or a few of the other techs.

And Tom's releasing a new valve pin that will allow the RT to work on CO2. (It makes it a classic mag at that point. No time frame on release though.)

toymyster
07-31-2004, 12:36 AM
The best way I had it described to me was "It's like puting a Ford Engine in a Cevy"!! The alignment of the valve and body on a mag is critical, and from what I understand, that is where some of the problems have been!!! I'd say keep your RT Pro, and if you like, get a ULE body!!! If you still want to trade, make sure he'll add a good ammount of cash!!!