PDA

View Full Version : Combo Warp-Drop mount.

luke
07-31-2004, 01:35 AM
This Warp Feed-Drop combo allows you to mount your Warp feed parallel to your air system. It can be mounted on the left or right hand side. The bracket can mount forward or backward. There are four mounting positions per side for the Warp feed.

Warp can be removed simply by removing the front drop mount screw. (Drop can be used without Warp bracket)

I cut two styles Rails for those that despise drops and drops for those that know better. :D

luke
07-31-2004, 01:46 AM
The pictures show the different mounting positions of the Warp bracket. All positions can be obtained with the same bracket. If you’re ambidextrous, you can switch back and forth. :headbang:

More info and picts> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146740

vf-xx
07-31-2004, 02:03 AM
why do you have your feed tube blocked out?

luke
07-31-2004, 02:15 AM
vf-xx,

It's a proto type feed tube modification for the Warp feed. I’m not ready to release yet so I covered it up. It works great; I’m just a little busy to do the Mods right now. I’ve used it in two tournaments at this point with absolutely no trouble (jams). It’s just sitting idle until I have some extra time.

Empyreal Rogue
07-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Hmm... I like the idea, but it kind of pushes the warp out. It at least looks that way to me. Maybe a picture from the rear with a Warp Mounted on there would help.

Oh, and in one of those pictures I can see some of the feed system. Might want to edit that some. ;)

Automaggot68
07-31-2004, 04:17 AM
I have to say, it looks like it sticks out a bit more, but that is HOT SAUCE ,MAMA! Nice work ! :D

gc82000
07-31-2004, 05:04 AM
Can you use it with a Q-loader for I think that it would sell more if it could. just a suggestion.

Doobie
07-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Very interesting! What are the prices your looking at for the 2 types and could you get some better pics (ie, lighter) with the warp and tank mounted from front and back and the different warp positions. In other words, show us the full range with all the goods on the gun! :)

luke
07-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Empyreal Rogue,

When I designed this a few years back, I never planed on marketing it. Really, its first intended purpose was to move the Warp set-up back, away from the fore grip (the way "I" like it. ;) ) Its sets nicely in the crook of your arm, so the fore grip can be used comfortably.

After I purchased a Mill I realized I could easily machine a "universal" mount that could be used on either side of the gun, forward or backwards, using 2 of the 3 side holes on the Warp to allow for diffrent mounting positions. So, it may set out a little further than some like when mounted forward, but it's nice and tight at the rear mounting position.

I could easily machine a different FORWARD MOUNT ONLY that brings it in tighter, but it wouldn’t' be universal. And it would be machined specifically for the intended mounting place only. We'll see where this goes first. ;)

gc82000, I would think so but I don’t have a Q-Loader to test it on. The holes are spaced at 2” and their tapped @ 10-32.

Doobie, did you follow the link to the dealer forum? There's more picts and info there. I’ll see if I can get some better pictures, I struggled with these though…

Empyreal Rogue
07-31-2004, 12:40 PM
I might be interested one if you made a forward mount one. For my next marker, E-Mag with Warp, I'd buy one for sure since I don't have a drop forward for it yet.

What would be cool is if the warp bracket was on a swivel so it was adjustable, really adjustable! There would be like a set screw on the bottom to tighten the tension.

OysterBoy
07-31-2004, 01:24 PM
:hail:

I'm loving the milling on those, stylish/elegant but nothing over done. If I had a warp I would definatley consider buying one!

lol.

Good job luke. :headbang:

luke
07-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Empyreal Rogue,

I’m going to cut a few forward and rear Warp mounts tomorrow that can be used with your choice of drop. Both will mount your Warp parallel to the air system…
I’ve actually worked on a few designs for an adjustable mount, I’m not sure if I’ll cut any though….

OysterBoy,

Well that’s the result of "self taught non CnC milling. :)

hAppy
07-31-2004, 09:28 PM
That thing is sweet! You should be raking in a lot of money for a great product!

luke
07-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks.

:) Raking it in, hummm, I don't know about that, time wise it's not a fair trade... ;) We' ll call it a labor of love. :p

Empyreal Rogue
07-31-2004, 10:22 PM
So the forward or backwards mount will be separate from the dropforward? Or is that another mounting plate you're making/finished with? The reason I'd like an adjustable mount system is because I don't know if I'll want my warp forward tight or backwards tight, it all depends on the size of my dropforward, really. I like the System X X-10 I have now so I don't see a reason to not get another.

But anyway, if you cut an adjustable mount with the same millings as those I'd most likely buy it unless the Forward Mount is sufficient enough. Can't wait to see those pictures! :D

luke
08-01-2004, 10:50 PM
So the forward or backwards mount will be separate from the dropforward? Or is that another mounting plate you're making/finished with? The reason I'd like an adjustable mount system is because I don't know if I'll want my warp forward tight or backwards tight, it all depends on the size of my dropforward, really. I like the System X X-10 I have now so I don't see a reason to not get another.

But anyway, if you cut an adjustable mount with the same millings as those I'd most likely buy it unless the Forward Mount is sufficient enough. Can't wait to see those pictures! :D

I did get started on another type of Warp mount. You will need to choose a mounting position, front or rear. These mounts can be used with ANY drop you choose.

Both are parallel mounts. The front mount aligns the feed tube and the Warp in tight, so it will be necessary to modify your hopper.

The rear mounts do not require any modifications to your hoppers, and mount the Warp along side the Air tank. The Warp and hopper sit in the crook of your arm, this is the most comfortable position in my opinion

Both are Milled on top and bottom so they can mount LEFT or RIGHT.

The rear mounts are done and the forward mounts will be done Monday evening. Probably no pictures until Tuesday evening.....

luke
08-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Here is a link a diffrent style bracket.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147071

ScatterPlot
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
The bracket is nice, but I wanna see the feed thingy!

luke
08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
The bracket is nice, but I wanna see the feed thingy!

The feed tube mod? Its just a side feed... :p

It's really not an engineering marvel, it's actually quite simple...