PDA

View Full Version : Wake up early?

1ofkind
07-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Does anyone wake up early to play paintball? I only maneged to once, and it took a while with the snooze alarm.

WickeDKlowN
07-31-2004, 10:05 AM
This has nothing to do with your question, but I havn't gone to bed yet...

And to answer your question, no, I havn't woke up early to play.

_tMAN
07-31-2004, 10:05 AM
I always do
although I have about an hour and a half drive to get to my nearest field :(

Torbo
07-31-2004, 10:08 AM
skyball. finals on saturday started at 7 in the morning. so we had to get down at 6. it was pretty rough, especially because we didnt get done friday night till 1130. so we played on 4 hours of sleep.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-31-2004, 10:09 AM
I get up at 6:30 to play. Leave at 7:30. Meet up at the diner at 8:20. Eat till 9, then drive 10 more minutes to get to the field. So yea, I get up early.

Lohman446
07-31-2004, 11:33 AM
I generally get up about 5 anyways, so on Sundays I do a load of laundry, get my gear prepped and ready to go, and then go to the field 30 minutes away - I'm normally standing there when the field owner gets up (he lives there) somewhere between 8 and 9, I seldom am not there by 7:45 - it opens at 10, I just want to make sure Im ready (oh yeh, and I help get things ready if needed).

68magOwner
07-31-2004, 12:02 PM
i get up at 9 to play, thats early for me concidering i quit my job and can get up around 2pm normally

bigspanky123
07-31-2004, 12:32 PM
I always wake up early, that is because the drive is 45 -hour.... so i like to get there while there are a bunch of people there.

tony3
07-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Earliest I've woke up is 5:30 in the morning, had to get to this kids how that lived 30 minutes away at 6:15, takes 1 hr 15min to get to the field, and we had to be their at 7:30, it was rough. Usually we leave around 7-8 in the morning to get to the field. I wish the field we play at was closer so we could leave later to get their around 9-10.

SlipknotX556
07-31-2004, 01:38 PM
I usually get up at 8am, and im out of the house at 8:30am or so. It was a 30 minute drive to my old field.

ScottQ
07-31-2004, 02:33 PM
For tournaments? I woke up once at 2:30 to drive to atlanta for a CFOA and a MSPA.

For rec? I wake up around 12.

For some reason my team likes to practice early, so I usually have to wake up around 8 or so for that. Its tough.

slade
07-31-2004, 03:24 PM
one time i woke up at 6 to go to a scenario an hour away... (and it sucked!)

DiSoRdeR
07-31-2004, 05:06 PM
I always do
Same here, I like getting there before every one starts coming :D

TraXeR
07-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Woke up at 5 am to finish getting my gun working to go play a big game the same day... does that count?

paintball8869
07-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Wow, you guys are lucky. tomorrow for a "semi" local tournament, i'm gettin up at 5 and leaving the house at about 5:15 to be there for 6:30ish.......tourney starts at 8, but i have everything in the world to setup for (teammates guns, teching guns for other teams, etc).

For the next NEPL tournament, on the cape, I'm gettin up at about 3:00, leaving at 3:15 and gettin there for 5 when gates open. They have the longest lines ever there, limited parking/staging, and the "cheap" paint runs out early. So we'll all be there when gates open (there are acutally lines at that time too), getting paint, air, registering, etc. But then again its worth it, 90 teams play 6 games each (minimum) during the day, plus semis and finals, all in the same day.

Warewolf50
08-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Hmm well for two days before a turni me and my team didnt sleep forsome reason, we were jsut o busy doing stupid to think hmm maybe we should sleep before a turniment. Is it considered getting up early if u never sleep.

And the earlyest i have ever woken up was for SEAO last year, dont remeber what time we had to get up but it was damn early.

abunkerer
08-01-2004, 12:30 AM
HA! yeah, I have to, I don't get why all the "coaches" think that if we do our drills before noon it will make a difference? If I had my way practice would start at 12, but they are the organized ones so I just go along...getting up early on weekends sucks, especially hungover.
got reamed a little for getting there at 10:30 today...I guess it makes a little sense though since a lot of tourneys have a 7am sign in time.

Josh2Xtremes
08-01-2004, 07:01 AM
I think anyone in the paintball industry (or out of it, for that matter) will tell you that "early" is not a word with which I share much affinity. Last time I saw 6am I was going to BED. That's one of the reasons TK and I get along so well. ;) We be night people. (yo)

While my boss doesn't always appreciate my inability to spring out of bed at 6am like overdone toast from a toaster, I find that rarely have I missed anything that's occured before noon anyway. In or out of paintball. :sleeping:

Let's take now for example. I'm awake at 8am. That's because I haven't been to bed yet, and because I've been awake for a significant amount of time. I'm bound to pass out sooner or later though.
Josh
PS: Good morning everyone. ;)

CodeMA
08-01-2004, 07:24 AM
I totally hear ya there Josh, Sleep is over rated...

Ive gotta say though for paintball, Ive gotten up pretty friggin early, and fishing, and hunting for that matter.... ummm 3 hours of sleep and gun/marker play, something oh so very un healthy sounding about that...gotta love it though...

Oh, and I agree, Ive noticed the bulk of those in the paintball industry arnt morning people, Ive also come to terms with the fact starting at 8 means starting at 9:30 or so... shrugs

Carpe Nocteum(sp)

Josh2Xtremes
08-01-2004, 07:31 AM
I used to think everything in paintball moved at the speed of "duh." And for the most part I'm still correct in that sentiment. However, there is at least one place I've found that makes me get up early and on-time, and that's the CFOA. Larry runs a tight ship over there and even though he, too, is a night person, when he says "we're shootin' paint at 8" he means it. Of course, to run an average of 110 teams through prelims, semifinals and finals on 4 fields, we sorta have to. When I was merely covering CFOA events it was easier; I could roll in halfway through the prelims, shrug off a few "mornin' sleepy head!" jokes and get what I needed done. Now that I'm actually on the board over there, and something somewhat resembling an official type person, when the alarm goes off, it's usually a ringing in my ears thanks to Larry smacking me upside the head storming into my hotel room to wake me up at 5:45am so we can be at the field. He's lucky he's a foot taller than me and 325 pounds or I'd have kicked his *censored* by now. That's right. Lucky. And he knows it. He don't WANT none. :sleeping:
Josh

CodeMA
08-01-2004, 08:13 AM
ahaha....greatness right there...

Awwww... "Come on Mr. Silverman, the evil anti sleep people cannot be allowed to control you, no matter how great there power" *Cheesy Hobbit Crack intended* :D

Put them god givin Jewish Hobbitesk feet to good use... kick and run, kick and run, preferably were escape vehical in short distance... :ninja:

slade
08-01-2004, 08:33 AM
Carpe Nocteum(sp)
its carpe noctem... and thats MY MOTTO!!