PDA

View Full Version : Looking for gun and air

paintballotaku
10-20-2001, 05:11 PM
I'd appreciate any help so far im thinking about buying a used automag rt pro off of ebay but i havent decided on a air system yet. Also should the air be 3000 or 4500 psi? Any thoughts suggestions and opinons would be helpful. thanks Mike

PAINTBALLA01
10-20-2001, 05:44 PM
WHAT ABOUT THIS??

I have a completely tricKed automag. It's a
1)level 7 68 classic standared feed
2)still has 1 star on the valve
3)Brand new AGD Intelliframe with dye stickies
4)Blue AGD Warp Feed
5)9 Volt revolution hopper
6)ACI Gas Through Fore-Grip
7)Microlines
8)13"Armson Stealth Barrel
9)Smart Parts Progressive Barrel 12"with lazer engraving
10)Crossfire 68 ci nitrogen tank
11)Big TKO adjustable drop foward
12)Intellifeed(every time you pull the trigger it makes you hopper spin so you can shoot faster)

paintballotaku
10-20-2001, 07:11 PM
I've heard most auto mags chop balls other then the rt pro and i like the fact its a reactive trigger but maybe we can work something out with the 9 vlt revy
and air?

DarkPhoenix
10-20-2001, 07:47 PM
I would recommend a 4500psi system, it is more compact for one and a half times the ammount of air for a similarly sized 3000psi bottle. The problem with the 4500psi systems is the price.

My former RT Pro was set-up with a 9v revolution hopper and it did just fine. However, I know have a 12v Turbo Rev board in my revolution and it is definitely much better. I highly recommend that as soon as you can, get the Turbo Rev board for your hopper, did I mention it is an automatic upgrade to 12v? Here's the link... www.wickedairsportz.com

alf
10-20-2001, 09:47 PM
make sure you field can fill to 4.5k...if not, get a 3k...they are cheaper...

also, if YOU are doing your own filling, check with your local scuba shop...they may rent filled tanks, so you dont have to buy your own...mine rents for 7.50, fills for 5.00, so its much cheaper to rent, and i dont have to worry about hydro-ing the scuba

also, if you get a fill station, you wont need one with a gauge on it, if you have a pressure gauge on your tank...actually, you wont even need a gauge on your tank to fill, but it is nice to see how much air you have left

-alf

paintballotaku
10-21-2001, 11:55 AM
So 4500 psi is better if the field can fill it?

Load SM5
10-21-2001, 01:44 PM
Well, it's less trips to the fill station, but not any better as far as preformance.

paintballotaku
10-21-2001, 03:49 PM
thank you thats exactly what i wanted.Just one more thing is there a big differnce between the automag rt and the automag rt pro? I hear a lot of comments about rt's chopping balls

Load SM5
10-21-2001, 03:57 PM
No real difference, they both chop if you shortstroke.

The Pro is a trimmed down version of the RT and instead of air traveling internally through the gun, it travels through a line out of the side of the valve like most mags do. I like the no frills look of the Pro myself and I believe the new ones will come with the intelliframe instead of the stock carbon frame. The price will be a little higher though, because of the new frame. Check with whoever you buy from and see if it's the newer Pro or not. If you don't want the new frame I'm sure the older Pro's are still in stock somewhere.

Restola
10-21-2001, 04:02 PM
automags chop a lot? i shot 1300 balls today. i dont remember choping.

davej946
10-21-2001, 05:17 PM
Hey Guys,
AutoMags are paint blenders. You didn't know that? Also, the AutoCocker shoots farther than any other gun ever made. That's true too.

Man, I hate the rumor mill. Taku, the AutoMag, AutoMag RT, and AutoMag RT Pro will only chop balls if you short-stroke the trigger. Everyone who tells you that the AutoMag chops paint doesn't know how to shoot an AutoMag. You have to let the trigger travel all the way back, then all the way forward. It takes a LITTLE bit of practice.

On a similar note, the AutoMAg RT Pro is going to chop as much (or as little) paint as standard Mag, MiniMag, RT, MicroMag or any other Mag with an AIR/RT Valve. (I'm not too sure about the eMag because of the electro?) So to say the RT Pro chops less than any other Mag is nonsense.

Just my $.02...

paintballotaku
10-21-2001, 08:03 PM
Im about to buy a used Automag RT Pro Chrome. It comes with 48ci/3000 HPA/Nitro tank, pmi drop forward, 12' Boomstick Barrel, Teardrop barrel,retro valve and spectra mask. Sound good to you guys?

Load SM5
10-21-2001, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by paintballotaku
Im about to buy a used Automag RT Pro Chrome. It comes with 48ci/3000 HPA/Nitro tank, pmi drop forward, 12' Boomstick Barrel, Teardrop barrel,retro valve and spectra mask. Sound good to you guys?

Well, I would hope your RT pro would come with a retro-valve.:D

Sounds pretty good. You'll probably want to go to a bigger tank eventually but it sounds like your set. Whats all this setting you back?

paintballotaku
10-21-2001, 09:59 PM
About 435 right now

Load SM5
10-22-2001, 05:52 AM
Snag it! Good deal!

paintballotaku
10-22-2001, 12:47 PM
I may not be getting the gun because the guy wont except a credit card and i dont have the money right now it ends at 4central and i wont have the money till the end of the month:( i emailed him asking him if he would take credit card or hold the item for me and im still waiting for a reply

paintballotaku
10-22-2001, 10:55 PM
Oh well, theres a lot of rt's out there not so many rt pros though as far as i've seen i'm look at 3 differnt rt's with nitro on ebay so i'll be getting one soon and i can join the club of automag owners :)

gimp
10-22-2001, 11:02 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of RTs out there, people keep selling them because they are upgrading to E-Mags. You'll find the right one eventually.

paintballotaku
10-23-2001, 02:38 PM
Wish i could afford and e-mag of course but i've heard rts are sweet and i like everything about them other then no full auto but its cool much cheaper

paintballotaku
10-23-2001, 10:19 PM
What do you think about minimags? i dont know much about them guy will sell his to me for 500 with all this tricked out minimag with dye boomstick, jt ize flex 7 mask(with mirror and clear lenses), squeegee with lanyard, 12 volt revolution, redz pack with 4 heat reflective pods, spare parts, jt gloves(size large), crossfire nitro tank(filled twice,3000psi), flame drop forward. is that a good deal?