PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference

kungfuhampster11
07-31-2004, 06:06 PM
what is the difference between ramping and bouncing? i kno bouncing is when the board goes full auto very fast, but whats ramping?

P8NTBALLER590
07-31-2004, 06:28 PM
what is the difference between ramping and bouncing? i kno bouncing is when the board goes full auto very fast, but whats ramping?
no bounce is when you pull the trigger and it shoots 3 or how ever many times set to times, ramping i have never heard of...

BobTheCow
07-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Board ramping: when you pull the trigger at one bps, it shoots one ball. Same thing at maybe 2 or 3 bps. However, when you're firing a string at 10 or 12 bps, it will end up shooting 2 or 3 balls per pull... so... when you shoot slowly, it fires normally (to appear legal with a quick check), but as you fire faster, your ROF artificially increases more than it should. Make sense?

WickeDKlowN
07-31-2004, 06:35 PM
That's burst mode(when it shoots x amount of balls per pull). Bounce is when the kick of the gun make it fire again, ramping I'm not ure about.

OysterBoy
07-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Ramping is one more up in the line of cheating.

You fire once, it fires once.. you fire twice, fires twice... but after a certain number of pulls per second it will increase the actual number of shots being fired. Hard to detect..

Lohman446
07-31-2004, 06:45 PM
Ramping, as defined by Rosey at the captains meetign in Chicago is extremely scarey. Apparently some markers have been found iwth settings that change the dwell or some such VELOCITY controlling setting and cause the velocity to increase during the game.

It is strictly outlawed in PSP and they were offering three year suspensions to anyone found with it that was not due to a defect (if the board had been messed with to do it)

Though I always thought it was what Oyster said this appears to be what they were concerned with.

Skoad
07-31-2004, 06:49 PM
usually when ramping is talked about it isn't velocity ramping.

Lohman446
07-31-2004, 06:57 PM
usually when ramping is talked about it isn't velocity ramping.

Agreed... but there is such a thing and I think it is going to be a distinct problem. We need to note that there are two types of ramping. Velocity ramping, and shot ramping

slade
07-31-2004, 07:29 PM
bouncing is when the trigger is pushed forward after every shot, and by maintaining a steady pressure with your finger you can essentially have full auto with the gun. this can be done on rt mags and tippmanns with the rt. i think some electros have bounce too, but its something different with them. ramping is done on electros with a board mod. there is shot ramping, where at low bps the gun shoots 1 ball per one pull, but at higher bps the gun will shoot 2-3 balls per pull. there is also velocity ramping, where the velocity will increase at higher bps.

Automaggot68
07-31-2004, 11:00 PM
bouncing is when the trigger is pushed forward after every shot, and by maintaining a steady pressure with your finger you can essentially have full auto with the gun. this can be done on rt mags and tippmanns with the rt. i think some electros have bounce too, but its something different with them. ramping is done on electros with a board mod. there is shot ramping, where at low bps the gun shoots 1 ball per one pull, but at higher bps the gun will shoot 2-3 balls per pull. there is also velocity ramping, where the velocity will increase at higher bps.

The bounce he's referring to is regarding electro's, not the reactive trigger fo an X/RT.

jonmcfatty
07-31-2004, 11:12 PM
Bouncing Bouncing ahppens usually because of the debounce setting on a gun. WHen you tell the gun to go to debounce one you are telling it to check for a trigger pull once every 1 millisecond. But when it checks for so fast for pulls it often sees pulls that aren't really there. When my timmy bounced I chould take my hand completely off the frame.

Ramping Ramping happens when you start to shoot fast usually with a higher end electro. Ramping is when you firing lets say 12-13 balls a second. Well to give you an idea the computer board sees you puuling 11 but when you hit 12 it kind of confuses itself and thinks that your shooting faster, better ramp the bps up to keep up with your fingers. You can actually hear a gun go from say 11 then instantly jump up to 18 without you pulling it that fast. For an example of ramping listen to a cyborg they're terrrible. IT's not like bounce tho where you can take your hand off the frame. as soom as you slow down or stop the board will stop immediately.

That's what I understand them to be :cheers:

68magOwner
07-31-2004, 11:16 PM
no bounce is when you pull the trigger and it shoots 3 or how ever many times set to times, ramping i have never heard of...

no, thats a burst mode
this months PB2X thoroghly defines/covers bounce, check it out, i dont feel like typing it all

ramping- bottom line- you shoot, once you reach a preset speed (say 10bps) the marker either tacks on an extra shot every (or every other) pull or just goes F/A to a preset BPS

68magOwner
07-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Bouncing

Ramping Ramping happens when you start to shoot fast usually with a higher end electro. Ramping is when you firing lets say 12-13 balls a second. Well to give you an idea the computer board sees you puuling 11 but when you hit 12 it kind of confuses itself and thinks that your shooting faster, better ramp the bps up to keep up with your fingers. You can actually hear a gun go from say 11 then instantly jump up to 18 without you pulling it that fast. For an example of ramping listen to a cyborg they're terrrible. IT's not like bounce tho where you can take your hand off the frame. as soom as you slow down or stop the board will stop immediately

good definition, but i think it should be noted that bounce can be fine tuned to only kick in when shootign fast, i know a teammate had his timmy where you couldnt squeeze 2 shots out of it with one pull slow, but once you hit about 15bps it would bounce like crazy (LCD red 23bps when i shot it) the bounce wasnt consistent like a ramping gun, but you could definately feel that it was shooting faster than you were.

another note- there are very few actual ramping boards avaliable to the public, most of it is just bounce

RoboBeaver
07-31-2004, 11:24 PM
so ive never owned an electro, but what do the dwell and debounce setting do.

i kind of understand the debounce setting, the higher it is, the more your gun bounces, right?

but i have no idea what dwell does, so plesae clue me in

firebanex
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
with debounce it is normaly the lower the number the more it bounces.

Dwell is how long the valve is open.