PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to find SS black macroline fittings?

Xenocide
07-31-2004, 06:30 PM
I am looking for black stainless steel macroline fittings. Do they make these? where can I get them?

WickeDKlowN
07-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Don't make them. They make Al ones but they arn't safe for pantball.

sneakyhacker420
07-31-2004, 06:44 PM
nope... not made, best you'll get is black 90º elbow with straight macro fittings that are shrinkwrapped w/ black shrink tubing

abunkerer
07-31-2004, 06:48 PM
Kapp makes annoed aluminum fittings, but they work with SS hose only..not macro.

TheShark
07-31-2004, 06:58 PM
If you want some hose that will really stand out, go to an auto parts store and get a greese gun hose. It has the same fittings as a SS and looks neat. I used to use one for my cocker bottomline. Worked great with co2, not sure if it can withstand nitro but I would guess it would work. Only problem is the hose only comes in a couple lengths. Definately black and unique though. :headbang:

Destructo6
07-31-2004, 08:54 PM
A decent gunsmith should be able to blacken stainless steel.

Blackened stainless slides are rather popular today.

ghideon
07-31-2004, 11:05 PM
If you want some hose that will really stand out, go to an auto parts store and get a greese gun hose. It has the same fittings as a SS and looks neat. I used to use one for my cocker bottomline. Worked great with co2, not sure if it can withstand nitro but I would guess it would work. Only problem is the hose only comes in a couple lengths. Definately black and unique though. :headbang:

It can withstand HPA, I use it on my EMag all time. It's rated at 3,000 psi working pressure for hydraulic purposes, with a burst pressure of 12,000 psi. I've heard that you half that for pneumatic pressure (so 1,500 working, 6k burst). Pretty nice stuff. Someone posted this link last time we had a discussion on this topic:

http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/greaswhiphos1.html